FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone good with PSP help?

KhoaN
So heres the situation, I recently got a PSP from a friend who didn't use it for the longest time. He got it when the PSP just came out like about a year ago, but he hasn't touched it since.

Anyway, so I was playing it the other day and all of the sudden my game froze. So, thinking it was some sort of malfunction, I hard reseted the module and waited for a while to see what would happen.

Upon turning my machine back on, it would go to the start screen, but would not load the game. I would put the game into the UMD drive, and I would hear it spinning, but it doesn't seem to register with the PSP.

I've tried everything from cleaning it with the canned air things, to just leaving it alone for a couple of days. I really need help because I miss my Lumines. Sad.

Thank you sincerely for any help I can get.
eepman
Few questions.
1. Check the game cart. Is the clear plastic on the back broken? This happened to my ridge racer, and I had to tape it for it to read.
2. DONT UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE. http://psp.qj.net Get some awesome homebrew. Emulators and the like. Even without the ability to play umds, there are plenty of emulators. Some super metroid is almost as good.
3. You may have to revert to taping or fidgeting with the read switch, to force it to read. I wouldn't reccomend that.