FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

seo contest

vignesh_natraj
i have recently signed up for a seo contest for the number one position in google visit my blog fo details
ambatchdotcom seocontest
manumiglani
vignesh_natraj wrote:
i have recently signed up for a seo contest for the number one position in google visit my blog fo details
ambatchdotcom seocontest

I am thinking about a try .......
vignesh_natraj
i rank 6 in google
manumiglani
vignesh_natraj wrote:
i rank 6 in google

Good but I am sorry I say that your are no 8......... ANyways keep doing the good work.......
vignesh_natraj
are you into this contest
manumiglani
vignesh_natraj wrote:
are you into this contest

mmmmmmmmm........... I do not know weather I should do dat or not... ALso, don't have enough time .. But I have made a blog... http://seocontest-ambatchdotcom-seocontest.blogspot.com only yesterday.... There are very few chances that I will join
vignesh_natraj
now i am pushed to 14th place any tips to get into top ten again
dacode
Hi all,

Just to let you know that a new SEO contest is running in France; you have to gain the first position with the term Loupanthère on the new french search engine exalead.

Have fun !
manumiglani
dacode wrote:
Hi all,

Just to let you know that a new SEO contest is running in France; you have to gain the first position with the term Loupanthère on the new french search engine exalead.

Have fun !

Is it for french sites only????????
dacode
Hi,

Nothing says it's for french sites only, and some competitors use multi lingual websites...

Here's the link :

http://www.concours-seo.com/inscription.html
Marston
FYI, keyword stuffing will get you banned (eventually).

Very Happy
SoftStag
People will be far better off putting their effort in to ranking thir own sites highly, than taking part in such competitions.
dacode
[quote=SoftStag]People will be far better off putting their effort in to ranking thir own sites highly, than taking part in such competitions.[/quote]

Hello,

This IS actually ranking their own sites highly Wink
Such competitions allow seo people to test and check how search agents actually works, (and not how everybody say they work).

Having said that, there are also interesting prizes to win, that can help you to improve your own sites ranking Wink
SoftStag
dacode wrote:
SoftStag wrote:
People will be far better off putting their effort in to ranking thir own sites highly, than taking part in such competitions.

Hello,

This IS actually ranking their own sites highly Wink
Such competitions allow seo people to test and check how search agents actually works, (and not how everybody say they work).

Having said that, there are also interesting prizes to win, that can help you to improve your own sites ranking Wink

I completely disagree. The site that benefits is the one setting the contest. Everyone else creates sites/pages to do the contest. Sure, those sites and pages rank highly for keywords that people don't usefully search on. Websites should have content that people want, not something created to see which egotistical webmaster can rank the highest. Do a search on ambatchdotcom seocontest, see if you can find a useful site! And let's face it, who would use those keywords to search?

Sure you can use this to test seo techniques, but you can do that without a contest. I really don't see the point of wasting the effort on a contest when you could be using that effort to increase the ranking of your "useful" website.

If people want to do it, fine. I just don't see the point!
dacode
SoftStage wrote:
Sure you can use this to test seo techniques, but you can do that without a contest. I really don't see the point of wasting the effort on a contest when you could be using that effort to increase the ranking of your "useful" website.

Hi,

This is an interesting thread.
To test SEO techniques, these contests IMHO are the best, and for the reason it doesn't spoil the rest of the web. Let me explain : if I use "blackhat" seo techniques for keywords that already have thousands of websites, you just add on to the big scum (as, I reckon, lot of seo or webagencies already do), because when real people search for "cars" on the intrenet, the search engines will bring lots of spam sites.

Whereas in the afore-mentionned case, competitors just "spam" for search terms that REAL people never look for. Can you spot the difference ? Such competitions are just sandboxes /playgrounds that doesn't try to interfere with real-life-topics website.

And, as a webmaster, playing with these sites is a good way to experiment seo tricks without taking the risk to get your "truly useful" website banned from search engines.

Quote:
Websites should have content that people want (...)

I don't think so, as it's the other way round, like Tim Berners Lee puts it, the web is a place of exchanges.
Lots of people express themselves on personal subjects (ie. blogs), is it what people want ? is it usefull ? Do you really learn something from such egotic places ? don't think, but still, people can make them heard, and that's the most important to me.
manumiglani
Winning a seo contest can give you a lot of projects, work, money and exposure.