FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Psych

What do you think of psych?
1 AKA I am trying to figure a way to cancel it...
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
2 AKA It is just a Monk bad copy!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
3 AKA it's okay I guess, dosen't bother me that much.
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
4 AKA I enjoyed it... Will watch it now and then...
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
5 AKA I loved it, a great show, I have added it to my list of shows I like.
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
6 AKA Finally a good show on TV, not good, GREAT, AMAZING, I am the biggest fan!!!
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

colilon
Did any of you guys watched the new show, Psych?

I think it is nice, thogh alot of people compare it to Monk,
I think there is a huge deferent, and they are not the same genre at all!

What do you think? How much would you give the show?

Please explain your vote here...
rightclickscott
It can be pretty funny. Some of my friends rave about how good it is, but it is pretty good, surprisingly good espescially with all the other crappy tv shows out, but I didn't think it was amazing or some tv milestone. Don't get me wrong, the show is good, I just didn't think it was as good as people said.
HDirtwater
I tried to watch it today, mostly because I like Dule Hill, but the show just flat out sucked. Bad writing, bad acting, and overall, just a bad copy of Monk, which I can barely tolerate as it is.
IceNinjaa
i liked it a fair amount. def better than monk in my opinion. id probably compare it more to the dead zone than monk. i think the main reason why those two are compared is because they are one after another. whereas the dead zone is on sunday nights. but psych is definetely a nice fresh look on tv. compared to some of the crap that ive seen lately.

hopefully it doesnt get canceled and can continue for a few seasons.
lycadia
I really enjoy it, though I think the shared promotion between the three showes didn't really do Psych any justice. The two (Psych and Monk) are both in the same genres, comedy and detective show, but they're not really all that much alike in my opinion. Monk is much more interesting as a mystery show, but I think comparing the two is a bit unfair. Psych is clearly intended to be more out and out comic, more silly. I think it's great, but then I appreciate over the top comedy and I like Shawn's deliberately bad acting when he's "having a vision" and like how they use the gimmick of his photographic memory visually.
Seithex
Pysch was added to my "must watch" list. On Friday nights it is right after Monk and right before House. Makes for a long Friday night but they are good shows.

Psych really isn't in the same category as Monk; they are just murder shows. But they can be related because both use advanced forms of thinking and memorising.
mrblah
lycadia wrote:
I really enjoy it, though I think the shared promotion between the three showes didn't really do Psych any justice. The two (Psych and Monk) are both in the same genres, comedy and detective show, but they're not really all that much alike in my opinion. Monk is much more interesting as a mystery show, but I think comparing the two is a bit unfair. Psych is clearly intended to be more out and out comic, more silly. I think it's great, but then I appreciate over the top comedy and I like Shawn's deliberately bad acting when he's "having a vision" and like how they use the gimmick of his photographic memory visually.

Shawn's over acting is great, and the way that shawn makes his partner mad is also a good part of the show. So far every episode has been great. Why doesn't shows like this get on Network TV?
eyeheartPINK91
I really enjoyed it! Very Happy I think it has the cleverness of Will&Grace. That was one of my absolute favorite shows before it ended this year. I was so upset about it. But I think that Psych is pretty funny. I don't think it's the best show ever...like Law&Order SVU...but it's pretty funny. Another good thing to watch on USA! Razz I did really like the show.
TarsajumaClan
I love pysch and monk. Easily the best friday nightline up for any station. (friday night tv never was that great.)
polly-gone
That was funny the way they ended it. "You can't come back to work tommorow, how bout january" (That's when the news season starts) Genious! (PLEASE NOTE: I kan't spel 4 beens)
TarsajumaClan
lycadia wrote:

I agree completly. Though monk is hilarious as well. The guys who play monk and shawn are great actors.
HoboPelican
lycadia wrote:
...and I like Shawn's deliberately bad acting when he's "having a vision" and like how they use the gimmick of his photographic memory visually.

Everyone likes something different. Laughing For me that overacting is exactly why I don't like it. Everything else (in my limited viewing) was played pretty straight, so that over the top premonition stuff just comes off silly (to me).

I love Monk, but I think it's starting to go down hill. The writing doesn't seem as good as it used to be.
colilon
Hmm, another Q to everyone.
Which charachter you like the most?

I fint guss rather amusing, think his my fav. so funny!
lycadia
colilon wrote:
Hmm, another Q to everyone.
Which charachter you like the most?

I fint guss rather amusing, think his my fav. so funny!

I think I like both Gus and Shawn's father, becuase Shawn plays off of both of them well. I also think that Shawn's relationship with his father adds a very interesting dimention to the show. Probably in part because I'm a psychology major, I enjoy the gradual exploration of his father's real feelings for Shawn and how he's deliberately going out of his way to continue parenting Shawn -persistantly making him carry through on things and trying to mold him into a more responsible mature person- in spite of having great difficult expressing his clear affection for him.
mrblah
Do you guys like the "Psyh-outs" at the end of each show? They say that they are on the website too but I couldn't find them.
polly-gone
Hey, People! Psych is almost back on televison!!! Only about a week now and they will put the other half of the season on! Same with monk, the new season is also starting then. I know what I'm going to be doing on friday nights! Wink
mrblah
polly-gone wrote:
Hey, People! Psych is almost back on televison!!! Only about a week now and they will put the other half of the season on! Same with monk, the new season is also starting then. I know what I'm going to be doing on friday nights! Wink

I can't wait for more Psych outs. Why isn't this show on one of the big networks. It's better than most of the other comedies.
talonsmallville
Hi people,

I just loved that show - it΄s good, new so much funny.

Monk? Monk? I hate that show, that could not compare them.

I loved the way that Shawn plays with Gus (his mine) so funny - Gus is funny too.
I liked all characters, all good.

Bye Wink
polly-gone
Only a few more day now, I think it starts 2 fridays from now. I can't wait. And Monk is pretty good. Not the best but pretty good.
talonsmallville
Hi people,

In the next month We will see new episodes about this show, finally.
Wink
stitchedup
I'm loving Psych Smile Classical detective, with a twist. Definitely one of my favorites. I was pretty much hooked the moment I saw it Smile

I liked Monk until Sharona left... But I don't think it's right to compare these two shows. They're only similar in small ways. Psych is much more fun, I think. And the characters are totally different...
polly-gone
Summer is finally here!

Psych is almost back on. I know it comes back on in July and it is on for eight to nine weeks. Monk is coming on too.

I cannot wait. I have seen every episode of both shows.

Does anyone else also watch 4400 and the Dead Zone on sundays. They are both awesome too.

-Nick Smile
srujanlive
I liked the show but somehow I find it a bit over the top. But MOnk was way different. Anyways it is quite a nice show
polly-gone
Well, it's really not supposed to be all about a psychic detective. The show is a comedy.