FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Girls ---- does he cook for you??

imera
I have been in a relationship with a oy now for two mounths and we are planing on moving together soon.

Once he told me that I won't have to worry about cooking because he will take care of that, I can't really cook either so I am pleased about it. My cooking isn't that great either Razz

How many of you girls out there has a guy that cooks?? Or do you do your cooking together??
cavey
He cooks for me, and I cook for him. He is very good at it, and makes delicious steak!

You are lucky to have a guy cook all the food :)
HoboPelican
imera wrote:
I have been in a relationship with a oy now for two mounths and we are planing on moving together soon.

Once he told me that I won't have to worry about coocking because he will take care of that, I can't really coock either so I am pleased about it. My coocking isn't that great either Razz

How many of you girls out there has a guy that coocks?? Or do you do your coocking together??

Imera, first off, please note that you mean "Cooking" not "Coocking". Spelling it with the extra 'c' can lead to a very awkward misinterpretation. Wink

I'm not a lady, but I do most of the cooking in my marriage. My wife is not a bad cook, she just doesn't enjoy it like I do. To me it seems like a natural guy thing. Fire and knives, what could be more manly? Wink
Sappho
HoboPelican wrote:
To me it seems like a natural guy thing. Fire and knives, what could be more manly? Wink

There is a lot of thruth to it, why do you think the greatest chefs around the world are men. Wink
HoboPelican
Sappho wrote:
HoboPelican wrote:
To me it seems like a natural guy thing. Fire and knives, what could be more manly? Wink

There is a lot of thruth to it, why do you think the greatest chefs around the world are men. Wink

I'd like to think it's becuase of knives and fire, but do you think it might be that at that level it's a business and that sexism might have hand in that? Or am I being too skeptical? Smile
Sappho
HoboPelican wrote:
Sappho wrote:
HoboPelican wrote:

I'd like to think it's becuase of knives and fire, but do you think it might be that at that level it's a business and that sexism might have hand in that? Or am I being too skeptical? Smile

You are being far too skeptical, i am just saying that when it comes to top notch cooking men are really good at it and i am not afraid to aknowledge that even if i do consider my self an above average when it comes to cooking Smile
m00tmuffin
Neither of us are too great at cooking, so we either try our hardest to make something together or we just go out and find something to eat. Very Happy But if I had to decide who had more cooking prowess, I'd say him, no doubt. He knows how to use an oven better then me. /blush
JoeFriday
top-notch restaurants do not hire chefs based on their sex.. it's all about what they produce

perhaps the reason that more world-renowned chefs are men is because of ambition.. I'm not at all trying to be sexist or chauvinistic here.. just throwing out an idea.. throughout history men have been looked at to be the breadwinners.. thus, they have generations of built-in need to succeed.. if men choose to make their living in the culinary world, it would seem logical that they strive to become financially solvent doing so

notice that I'm not saying men are better cooks.. I'm saying that they see it as a career.. in the past, women saw it more as a domestic skill, and therefore didn't try to capitalize on it

anyway, sorry for going off on a tangent

I cook for my girlfriend much of the time, as do all the men in my family.. we see it as a romantic and entertaining part of the evening.. I know my girlfriend appreciates the effort, and I like being able to decide what will be on the menu
wowz
He cooks and he cooks well... but he tends to put hotsauce in everything.
But that's ok, I like hotsauce Wink

I can cook what I like... and I can make it well.. but I can't cook much.

He makes the mess, I clean it. (I do dishes, heh)
HoboPelican
wowz wrote:
He cooks and he cooks well... but he tends to put hotsauce in everything.
But that's ok, I like hotsauce Wink

I can cook what I like... and I can make it well.. but I can't cook much.

He makes the mess, I clean it. (I do dishes, heh)

Hot food rocks!

But somehow in our kitchen, the cook cleans up! Dang! It's probably my fault, since I get bored and will clean up during the slow parts Laughing
SusieSmacktard
My husband cooks for us most of the time. It's usually because I become annoyed and frustrated at our tiny kitchen. I would rather reheat something. Without him cooking, microwaved dinners is probably all I'd eat.
delun
I am not a nice chef for my wife, I tried to cook for her but she didnt like that, so I have to give up.Now she never complain about that. you got that guys?
jenus
Anyone i can cook too Smile
HoboPelican
delun wrote:
I am not a nice chef for my wife, I tried to cook for her but she didnt like that, so I have to give up.Now she never complain about that. you got that guys?

You didn't make a terrible dinner for her on purpose now, did you? Wink

Personally, I'd rather cook. You get to eat while you're cooking... a few carrrots, a little chicken, swig some wine. Heck, I've had a little of everything before it even hits a plate!
windrei
you have met a good guy in your life, haha. If i have a girl friend, i will also do cooking for her. And i will teach her how to cook too. It's a kind of interests in life~~~
danito
JoeFriday wrote:
top-notch restaurants do not hire chefs based on their sex.. it's all about what they produce

perhaps the reason that more world-renowned chefs are men is because of ambition..

I think the reasons that many chefs are men are many, but include the fact that it is a very male testosterone driven environment, leading to a bit of a vicious circle, it's alcohol fuelled, as well as being pretty physically demanding, 13 hours a day 5 days a week in a 30 degree kitchen is not really anyone's idea of fun.
ColdFire
Cant even cook for myself! but i think guys are better cooks than women in general, i mean ive never heard of a "chef cook" who's a woman, have you?
LadySarina
I am very happy because my boyfriend cooks for me. And he loves it.. It's really strange, cause when we are not together he hate cooking. But as soon as he gets to cook for me he do it gladly.

When we make dinner I usually wash the dishes, just to be there in the kitchen together with him (and he hates to wash the dishes).

I get really happy when he cooks for me, and I show it!

I think that is one of the mane reasons for why he actually like doing it.. Because I tell him that I like it. And that I love him taking care of me.
Mr. McCoy
Your so lucky!! Where do you find the man?...hehe
I haven´t been that lucky yet, but perhaps someday it´ll happen Razz I deffently hope Very Happy
lookahead
cooking ...ooh i never knew how to cook
bonestorm74
Yeh I cook for my wife pretty much every night. It works out well, she has to travel further to work so I have more time to do it. Plus I get to cook what I want. Wink It's win-win.
friho
he cook sometime and most of time i cook.because he is much busy than me in job.
congra
i haven't find my life partner yet, so i cook sometime myself and usually eat go out.
The_unnamed_label
I used to be in a relationship and both of us would cook.
my brothers and dad do cook for their other half.
I know many guy that can cook...

Smile
chic4u03
wer both not good in cooking lol..soemetimes we cook together....but always my MIL for us...
i love u MIL(MOTHER IN LAW)
srjrol
Yes I cook for her everyday, and I do the dishes too Smile I prefer not do to the laundry though...
loyal
A guy should be able to cook, so he can help out his girl and treat her. afterall, he should treat her like a queen if that's what he thinks she is! :p
cresvale
We are pleasure to cook for you.
Seniorproject
When it comes to cooking, I feel as though it can be a great experience if you both do it. Learning things together is a great way to bond and have fun as a couple. Very Happy Having said this, it is also nice to cook for your significant other and create a "special" dinner. It really shows that you care, and also is very satisfying.
airh3ad
Love it when my wife bakes cakes and cookies for me As the saying goes: "The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach"ll be content if my wife manages to save even just 20% of my pay every month, and i don't even spend more than 5% of it! that will be like saying to me that she appreciates my hard work and that she's saving some of it so i don't need to work so hard. i have not even bought anything for myself since we got married.
deanhills
I just hate this gender thing about cooking or anything else for that matter. Some guys are excellent at cooking, and some gals are great cooks as well. It is an easy decision when one of them really sucks at cooking and the other loves to cook. When both are great at cooking then they probably have to reason out who gets to spend the time in the kitchen. Shouldn't be a big deal however.