FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Shout box script

THE11thROCK™
Anybody can make a clean shoutbox script for me, i'll give out 50 Frih$. If it would be php, xml, flash or javascript, include the instructions with it please.
jimbluey
here.. ^^ i use this shout box... its clean .. ^^
try it..

Code:

For installing the softeware you need two things: Webspace with PHP, and a MySQL database.
 If you are not sure of this, send an e-mail to your host.

1:
 If you are sure you have these things we can go to work. Extract the .zip file you downloaded. Upload the 7 PHP files, and the "smileys" folder to your webspace.
 The in your browser go to the place you uploaded the software. Then open "zk-shout-install.php".
 You will now see 6 text fields and one checkbox.

First field is the one you must type the URL to your SQL database. Mostly they are "localhost" but this can be different. If so please contact your host.
 Beneath that you must fill in your username.
 Then your password.
 And then the database.

Then we arive at the Admin form, first type the desired admin username.
 The next field type your desired password.
 You will need this data to log in on your admin panel so you can delete a message or (un)ban somebody.

The last thing is the checkbox for the conditions to install ZK Shout, the conditions are above. If you don't accept these conditions you can't install ZK Shout.

Now click on the "OK" button and ZK Shout will install, if the SQL data is valid you won't see a fault and ZK Shout is installed with success.
 You will read that you must delete "install.php" and "zk-shout-install.php". DO THIS! If you don't delete the files somebody can screw up your shoutbox.

2:
 The shoutbox has installed with success, (you can check shoutbox.php if you want to know for sure).
 There is one thing for us left to do, we need to implant the shoutbox into your website.
 There are several ways to do it:
 -Include it with PHP.
 -Iframe.
 -Don't implant and let everybody go to the page shoutbox.php.
 As you may have seen, shoutbox.php is the main page of the shoutbox, you can read and post a message there.
 This page must be accesable from your website, the nicest thing is to implant it in your site. That is what I'm going to show you.

The thing I will show you is the PHP command "include("..");". offcourse you can use something diffrent if you want.

3:
 The command include, includes the code (so the whole page) of another file, this can be an html file, txt file but also PHP files (and alot more).
 This is what I'm gonna use, I want to include the shoutbox.php page in the index page (or the page you want your shoutbox).

Open the source of the page you want to include the shoutbox (make sure this is a .php file) and add the following code at the place you want to include it.

<?php
 include("shoutbox.php");
 ?>

Save it, and upload it to your webspace. Open the page in your browser, and you will see that the shoutbox is included on the place of the code.
 Warning! You must have shoutbox.php and the page where it's included in the same folder or else it won't work.

4:
 ZK Shout has also an admin panel, for that you must use the login data you filled in on the installation.
 To log in go to the login page http://www.yourwebsite.com/login.php, (so open login.php).
 Type your login data and press "OK".
 If you enterd the right data you will see the normal shoutbox, but then with some extra options.
 These options are "delete" (delete the message), "ban" (ban the person that send that message) and "unban" (unban a person that was banned).
 To unban someone type the IP address of the person in the text field, and press the button. The client is now unbanned.

ill just pm u the link.. /heh
THE11thROCK™
I have something to do today and have not fully read the details of this shoutbox. Give me until tomorrow and I will give you the 50 Frih$ tomorrow when I have read it completely. If in anyway I encounter problems with this script, I hope you could assist me, thanks anyways. Don't worry i'm an honest dealer, you'll get your frih$. Wink
jimbluey
ok.. i could assist you if you encounter problems with the installation or with the script..
THE11thROCK™
50 Frih$ given Wink . If in any case I make a mistake installing this, i'll just contact you, thanks.
jimbluey
thx for the 50 Frih$.. ok.. u can contact me if you have anymistake in installing the script.. thx again
rajhank
jimbluey wrote:
thx for the 50 Frih$.. ok.. u can contact me if you have anymistake in installing the script.. thx again

i think ur signature is not according to frihost rules.

TeenZine
rajhank wrote:
jimbluey wrote:

NOt to backseat moderate but I think your backseatmoderatig rajhank.
rajhank
TeenZine wrote:
rajhank wrote:
jimbluey wrote:

Hey Teenzine can u be clear in ur language, when ever u post any where in this forum, I can't understand u.

And , Yeah I also think I am trying to be a MODERATOR. Wink
Scorpio
rajhank wrote:
TeenZine wrote:
rajhank wrote:
jimbluey wrote:

Hey Teenzine can u be clear in ur language, when ever u post any where in this forum, I can't understand u.

And , Yeah I also think I am trying to be a MODERATOR. Wink

It would have been better to PM the concerned user rather than say it in public. Wink
hunnyhiteshseth
rajhank wrote:

Even I cant understand him, I think TeenZine needs to appoint a permanent translator who can convert his English to Our common English. Laughing Laughing Laughing
James007
@rajhank: PM a moderator, deal?
@TeenZine: LEARN English, deal?
@scorpio: PM'ing is one thing, stop saying it in the topic itself another thing.

-close-