FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Death Cab for Cutie and The Postal Service

strato_220
These guys are amazing, they have the same singer...Ben Gibbard. If you haven't heard them I suggest listening to:

Soul Meets Body
The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
The Dream of Evan and Chan
Photobooth

The awesomeness of these songs can't be put into words...I'd like to know other people's opinions on both the bands
jmudreamscape
Love them both. Very good music for anytime. Death Cab's last album is probably their worst, though.
KhoaN
The Postal service and Death Cab for Cutie rocks!

True, Death Cab's last album wasn't their finest, but I would have to say it had some decent songs in there. Just a few though. Their Transatlanticism album was much better in comparison.

The Postal Service I haven't heard from in a while and that really dissappoints me. I really liked their music and just the style of it. They are definitely inovative and should really put out another album. But even so, I think I might be bias because I liked their last one so much. Soooo good. Haha.
djsamsung
Death Cab's the best! PLANS is their best album.

never heard of The Postal Service, shud check it out later.
jmudreamscape
Postal Service is working on a new album...well, they just started. They're hoping to release an album next year. It's just tough considering Death Cab's schedule.
anxiety1
yeh both bands well good

am i the only one who really liked death cabs last album
?
onemoment
death cab for cutie and the postal service are great great bands. i have to agree that their last album was a bit of a let down.. but it was going to be hard to follow up after the cd before, transatlanticism, was such an amazing album! its one of my favourite albums of all time, every track is great. Very Happy

ben did a song with styrofoam called couches in the alleys which is also really good, a bit more similar to postal service. Smile

death cab need to come back to australia!!
altmana
i would also like to recommed a group (or project) called DNTEL and esp. the album Life is Full of Possibilities. This is a electonic album done by Jimmy Tamborello with a variety of guests on certain tracks. One of these guest is Death Cab's own Ben Gibbard and in fact this is the album that (This Is) The Dream Of Evan And Chan appears on. This wonderful song and an obviously fruitful partnership led Ben and Jimmy to form the Postal Service. So historically this album is significant, and it is also wonderful (i like it better than any death cab or postal service album). SO if you like these 2 definately check out
DNTEL - Life Is Full of Possibilities
altmana
i would also like to recommend a group (or project) called DNTEL and esp. the album Life is Full of Possibilities. This is an electronic album done by Jimmy Tamborello with a variety of guests on certain tracks. One of these guests is Death Cab's own Ben Gibbard and in fact this is the album that (This Is) The Dream Of Evan And Chan appears on. This wonderful song and an obviously fruitful partnership led Ben and Jimmy to form the Postal Service. So historically this album is significant, and it is also wonderful (i like it better than any death cab or postal service album). SO if you like these 2 definitely check out
DNTEL - Life Is Full of Possibilities