FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forum RP!

CameraKitten
Is there anyone out there who loves forum roleplaying? Is anyone skilled at it? Well, I've made one that centers around an archaic-lifestyled planet which resides in the center of a multi-planet spacial trade route. It's a popular rest stop, tourist attration, and home for most of the universe's species of life. It's a desertlike planet, with one continent and a couple forests. There are two cities, and many places to get lost, or be lost. Interested? Check it out. Faaryn. Note! We will soon be undergoing a linknamechange, mainly because the planet has been renamed. I will repost the new link once it's done, and note to all the members. If you have any questions, ask me!
linkman2004
I used to kind of sorta like it, but it just seems like to much of a pain. I prefer games that have graphics and fast paced gameplay, anyways.
CameraKitten
Quote:
I used to kind of sorta like it, but it just seems like to much of a pain. I prefer games that have graphics and fast paced gameplay, anyways.

If it helps, the icons for the forums have images, and as soon as I can access my main pc at the end of July, I will be -very- active, and it wont be slow.
rightclickscott
I used to do shit like that. It was mainly to hone my writing skills, which people say have gotten really good, yet I haven't enjoyed alot of my work, and I have constantly been editing and revising work, including editing characters I thought of when I was 5. Now I just do comics. Why? Because it's such a great medium, and all you need to do is join the right forums and talk to the right people to become a big star.

Anyways, enough of my ranting, it's all about online games for me now, but I still enjoy some very old timey role-playing stories now and then. It gives me an idea...

Who wants to help me start a forum role-play with a developing story? Basically, I want to make a story that will unfold once every day or once every week or whatever. I want to do stuff like start gigantic real time wars among soldiers that are actual posters. We'll create alliances, guilds, stuff that would be in a great MMO, only done in a single forum. If anyone wants to help, feel free to contact me.
rpgmaker
I loved it until my own forums died and nop one no longer posted. There still runing today but with shure death.
exarkun
I have never tried it before, as it was quite a bother to type out tons and tons of posts just to continue playing. Might as well play a normal RPG game. However, i think that I should try it out at least once, as the experience is very precious. Wink
Monkeydog
I can RP well for the life of me.
darth_revan
Hahaha i tried to play it here, but no one replied Very Happy

We can RP here, by the way.
Shake
Forum roleplaying? How can you roleplay on forums? Forums usually don't have much of a theme. What's the theme here? Setting? I have no idea. It's just a place I need to post to keep my account.

Personally I would much rather play actual games as I don't have much for an imagination.
CameraKitten
Well everyone, all I can say is...Give my site a chance. You can find tons of things to post about....Its not as painful as you'd think, nor is it as inactive as you'd think. Unlike RPG games, you get to control your situation, wrote your own story, and make your own characters. You'd have to buy 15,000 dollars of equipment to do that ALONE, nevermind with tons of other people...
rightclickscott
CameraKitten wrote:
Well everyone, all I can say is...Give my site a chance. You can find tons of things to post about....Its not as painful as you'd think, nor is it as inactive as you'd think. Unlike RPG games, you get to control your situation, wrote your own story, and make your own characters. You'd have to buy 15,000 dollars of equipment to do that ALONE, nevermind with tons of other people...

I've been thinking about this for awhile now, but that's the thing, you seem like you have alot of modern experience. I would really like to partner up with you to do a full scale forum role-play.