FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Chinese Game??

Played Other langguege game before??
yes
76%
 76%  [ 10 ]
no
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

vaoger
Any one played sn chinese game before??
quite nice accually!
all those great game... diablo2 warcraft, and many more!1
all have chinese version!
but the only thing is... lost chinese game dont have english version!!
since now all people around the world learning chinese.. how about try one of those chinese game! great game play(coz you dont know what to do)
just like playing a jap game and dont know how to read jap.

kind of cool when you "break" the game!1
share your opinion on other langgue game!! HERE!
D'Artagnan
i played muonline in chinese a two ago/about two years..
exarkun
I have played tons and tons of chinese games, especially those rpg type of game that is based on some gong-fu fighting novel. It is very awesome, and characters can pick up skills such as shadowless kick, thunder punch and etc.
vaoger
well well...
i myself a chinese mmorpg guy too..
i played RO(CHINA & HONG KONG server)
Seal Online (HONG KONG)
Linage 2 (HONG KONG)
Mystyina Online (TAIWAN)
Holy Beast Online (TAIWAN)
SanKuo Forever Online (CHINA){not recomend to played... the worst}
Jing Yong 2.0 (HONG KONG)
Fung Wan (Hong KONG)
Fong Sheng (TAIWAN)
Lunentia (CHINA)
FYLFF (TAIWAN){my flavourite}

Quite nice too.. but to many bot!!
ltbennett
i wouldent really know but im willing to try other games when i get the opertunity

ive read books and graphic novels like battle royal does that count to anything
Traveller
I play the original Chinese game: "Wei Qi" (in the West, better know as "Go"). Since it was invented a few thousand years ago, it doesn't even need batteries nor a power cord! Smile
eqfan
i played Linage 2 and world of warcraft
exarkun
Traveller wrote:
I play the original Chinese game: "Wei Qi" (in the West, better know as "Go"). Since it was invented a few thousand years ago, it doesn't even need batteries nor a power cord! Smile

I know how to play it since my elementary school too! There are quite a few rules to observe and there are facts you need to know when playing the game, such as when the 'qi' is blocked when there are four pieces surrounding a piece, etc...
NewGuyinTown
Lineage 2 is creatd by Koreans (one of many servers is located in China).

I haven't play much Chinese games... but i have played many korean games before (mostly rpg: such as - Gateway to Heaven/ MapleStory/LineageI/LineageII/etc..., and others: such as - like Gunbound/etc...; forgot most of them and haven't play for a long time )

(I never played any or heard of any Japanese online PC games except Final Fantasy...)

I never played much chinese games... maybe because they are not that popular or never translated... I can only understand Cantonese and cannot read Chinese and understand Mandarin.
Tulkamir
Since when is everyone learning Chinese?

A fair amount of people are learning Japanese, however English remains the dominant language world wide.

As for games... I've played the English version of many asian games. (Lineage 2, Final Fantasies, MuOnline, etc...). Haven't found many to my taste, quite likely a culture barrier, but they seemed fairly well made for the most part. Smile
NewGuyinTown
Tulkamir wrote:
Since when is everyone learning Chinese?

A fair amount of people are learning Japanese, however English remains the dominant language world wide.

I don't know how much people are "learning" Chinese... It seems to me more people are learning Chinese than Japanese here in the United States. Mostly because of money (mostly true for any second languages), movies, and because it's more popular Asian population in the country (Chinese and Vietnamese are the two greatest Asian population here). I don't think people around where I live are interested in Japan unless they're interested in anime... and maybe (seriously interested in) [untranslated or original/raw] console games...

I also learn that Chinese and Spanish (Other than English) are just some of the top most spoken language (or does that apply only to United States?).

There are not many known American(/English-whatever) games: Sierra games, Blizzard games, Runescape, and Microsoft (AoE) (Pretty sure GTA is one...(?) )... I only know a few... (and I never heard of any from any other countries except: Japan > Korea >, > United States/English-speaking creator >, >, > China)

Pretty sure I never heard of any from Europe. Name the most popular game that is made in Europe (I wonder if I have ever heard/played one before).

(I'm more of a PC gamer than a console gamer - since I only own a SNES. I haven't play much games for 3 years.)
Aiz
I've tried a few Chinese games, and not just "games in Chinese language" and I can say I was disappointed quite few times. China has a long way to go to catch up in that aspect.

Now with "games in Chinese" I play those alot, since there are some japanese/korean games that didn't or haven't made their way to the US and english yet, chinese versions were the next best thing.

from my experience with chinese games, I came to the conclusion that many of them are just plainly badly done. The ideas might have been good, the story might have been nice, but the controls, battle systems, and the such juset were so awkward and badly programmed it didn't seem worth the effort ><

Edit: I'm not LEARNING chinese, I'm natively chinese =P, fluent even before I learned english. and I'm actually learning japanese, and considering Korean o.o I just like eastern asian languages.
vaoger
Aiz wrote:
I've tried a few Chinese games, and not just "games in Chinese language" and I can say I was disappointed quite few times. China has a long way to go to catch up in that aspect.

Now with "games in Chinese" I play those alot, since there are some japanese/korean games that didn't or haven't made their way to the US and english yet, chinese versions were the next best thing.

from my experience with chinese games, I came to the conclusion that many of them are just plainly badly done. The ideas might have been good, the story might have been nice, but the controls, battle systems, and the such juset were so awkward and badly programmed it didn't seem worth the effort ><

Edit: I'm not LEARNING chinese, I'm natively chinese =P, fluent even before I learned english. and I'm actually learning japanese, and considering Korean o.o I just like eastern asian languages.

well hi there!!
those chinese game you played must be ages ago...(i Think)
the chinese and asian game guide line and standard had change since the Asian Game Confrence are held 1st time in Hong Kong where tons of gamer, pro-gamer, creator, publisher, and more people are join to help to increase the product qualities... something like the aussi game conference.... ( Where Ty the tasmanian tiger was firstly found)

in 2005, the standard of asian game... esp chinese game had greatly increase where mostly gain tru the "crossing -over" with the Jap and Korea in Online industri and Copy right problem!!

accually chinese is not a langgue that can easy to learn a speak... but is more like something sp when it total.. some time sound like jap or kor!!
Chinese or not chinese does affect who you relly are...!! you cant total master ONE kind Of langgue when even yourseft born with it...
tamilchild
Chinese games are very interesting particularly in children.
Sumo game is very very interesting
pokethamage
the title is misleading as to the topic of the poll

anyways, yes i have because i'm chinese...i played chinese and japanese and english games before. 6 years ago before i immigrated i would've considered english games foreign...lol
Aiz
vaoger wrote:

well hi there!!

accually chinese is not a langgue that can easy to learn a speak... but is more like something sp when it total.. some time sound like jap or kor!!
Chinese or not chinese does affect who you relly are...!! you cant total master ONE kind Of langgue when even yourseft born with it...

Actually, I play Chinese games often, recently too. I know that the chinese game industry has improved, but to me, they were still awkward and left alot to be desired. (The area I noticed the greatest improvements were that of the MMOs but they are a long way from matching the standards of the Koreans in that area)

As for the language, are you suggesting I'm not fluent in Chinese even though I say I am? As a matter of fact, I lived in China for twelve years and it's my native language. I am known among my peers (yes, Chinese peers) for my skills in the language. Besides, I'm really good with languages (I learned English, went from knowing nothing to honors english class, in less than 2 years when most people took 3 or more). And for your information, Chinese doesn't sound like Japanese or Korean, not if you know the least about those languages. Sure there are similiar sounding words but the languages themselves, when spoken in sentences and not just individual words, do not.
Shanghai_Dragon
I loved 仙剑奇侠传三 the best Smile the battle system was fun and fast and the storyline was great. They even made a TV series out of the first game in the series.
vaoger
Aiz wrote:
vaoger wrote:

well hi there!!

Actually, I play Chinese games often, recently too. I know that the chinese game industry has improved, but to me, they were still awkward and left alot to be desired. (The area I noticed the greatest improvements were that of the MMOs but they are a long way from matching the standards of the Koreans in that area)

As for the language, are you suggesting I'm not fluent in Chinese even though I say I am? As a matter of fact, I lived in China for twelve years and it's my native language. I am known among my peers (yes, Chinese peers) for my skills in the language. Besides, I'm really good with languages (I learned English, went from knowing nothing to honors english class, in less than 2 years when most people took 3 or more). And for your information, Chinese doesn't sound like Japanese or Korean, not if you know the least about those languages. Sure there are similiar sounding words but the languages themselves, when spoken in sentences and not just individual words, do not.

Yap i kind of agree wat you said!! the chinese game standard is far... far.. behind the jap and korea MMO or even offline gaming...
but compare to those 80an to 90an chinese game... the game create now is much fun and interartive than before!!

well when talk about langgue.. i have nothing to said..
but in some dialect or native chinese ( hakka, Fu chaou, Cantou, ..)
the are WORD (SOUND) who really similar to jap and korea... but not all of them...
i myseft a chinese... by i live in malaysia... a well-known of multiraces country...
i speak chinese fluently... but i still prefer malay or english...
chinese is good but just not for me....