FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Love at first sight?

LivinBeyondDeath
Hey, I know you all may laugh at me lol. However, I met this girl on monday, (its not friday) and ive been talking to her like ALOT since then. I liked her the second I saw her, and I had to become friends with her if not more. Well I wasnt expecting to fall in love with her, but theres so much about her that ive been looking for in a girl that I could never find! Or atleast I could not find all these things in a girl.

Now I cant listen to any kind of music (even songs that rnt love music, because the ones I listen to that arent love music she loves as well), watch anything involving love or anything without thinking about her. I am willing to risk my health for her. Shes the sweetest girl ive ever been with! or even met! My family loves her and her family, her family loves me and my family. Would u say this is love? I wouldn't know kuz ive never been in love before. I swear it is though! Thanx!
thpn
I would have to say that it was most likely lust when you first saw her. I cant saw that you are obsessed with he because you obviously stated that and you haven't know her that long. You seem to be really connecting with her. I say that you are falling in love. Of course, I'm not an expert so I can't say for sure.
Sadow
Yup, it sure sounds like it. Cool
Droop
all and all time will tell, at first its easy to mistake lust for love, that's the whole idea of mind over matter. Love comes later after u've been with some one for a while, i would have to say even years. Love is everything and anything about the person, as u start to get to know her and her interests. Once u know that u can go do things that u both enjoy and have a good time is it beyond lust. but who am i to say right, just my point of view, Smile
Jaiye
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-29572.html

same frickin topic name even. to the letter.
cybernie
i dunno if i can say if it's lust or love... i dnt wanna go to either of it... let's call it attraction (to play safe)... there are really some incidents that it happens. it happened to me before also... i can't call it lust since i don't something "earthly" or "evil" inside of me... i can't say it love either coz i believe love takes time before it develops... i'd prefer to call attraction or infatuation... in my case it came to the point that i seemed to be crazy if i don't see the girl... that even before i go to sleep, i prayed and asked God to let me see her in my dreams...

This may sound crazy but it's true...
thpn
Jaiye wrote:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-29572.html

same frickin topic name even. to the letter.

Ha, that's funny. I didn't even know you could put two with the same title in one forum.

Well, this topic is about whether or not the guy is in love or is just lusting after her. That topic is just asking if you believe in 'love at first sight'.
mike_phi
Hi there, I read your post and I think it could be love, and its just deeper love the love you have not yet conceptualised, you know the type where you have not aligned your mind with your heart and soul.

Some people replied to your initial post by calling it lust, some sais attraction, some said infatuation.

I guess people always think the last thing ut could be is pure and simple love.

I believe that love is not built on knowing somebody and only occurs after X period of time, knowing somebody is knowing somebody and does not define Love.

As for attraction, there are many attractive girls out there but you dont feel this way about them so that rules your desire as purely being attraction.

infatuation, well I would think this as a negative accusation if you purly think breath and speak about thi girl because of infatuation.

I think it is Love and its your hearts and souls bonding and your mind questions this because your mind has certain rules it runs your body and life with and these feelings don comply with your mental logical rules so you sort of question is this love ????, well stop worring give your mind some time and it will catch up with your heart and soul and all will be well .

good luck and enjoy the journey

cheers Mic
bebeaiiya
there is no such thing as love at first sight but there is such thing as first love never dies Very Happy , yes when you first meet you may think its love at first site but the truth is your love with probably fade away in a couple of months , your probably just attracted to her , i mean you dont knw what their personality is at first sight right ? =)
livilou
While I can't tell you if it's love or not, it's something only you can figure out. I can happen, I'm proof of that. My husband and I dated only 6 days before we got married and we've been married now for over 21 years.

Whatever happens, I wish you the best.
elyah_ariel
LivinBeyondDeath wrote:
Hey, I know you all may laugh at me lol. However, I met this girl on monday, (its not friday) and ive been talking to her like ALOT since then. I liked her the second I saw her, and I had to become friends with her if not more. Well I wasnt expecting to fall in love with her, but theres so much about her that ive been looking for in a girl that I could never find! Or atleast I could not find all these things in a girl.

Now I cant listen to any kind of music (even songs that rnt love music, because the ones I listen to that arent love music she loves as well), watch anything involving love or anything without thinking about her. I am willing to risk my health for her. Shes the sweetest girl ive ever been with! or even met! My family loves her and her family, her family loves me and my family. Would u say this is love? I wouldn't know kuz ive never been in love before. I swear it is though! Thanx!

Be sure I understand you, because I did live a such experience lately. What you can do is to be honest with yourself. I think you should be careful with your feelings, and naturally, the rest will follow.
Bourgondier
I had it once...With a really nice girl!
hellrahul
Are you confirmed it is LOVE.
It might be attraction and you will feel bored after 1 or 2 months.

If you think its love then....
confirm that she feels the same way.
jcvincent
Love is far different from like. In fact when you like somebody, it doesn't mean that you love her/him. Love will never come the first time you saw the person, nor the 4th straight week that you are talking. Love comes when you really know that person's inside and outside characteristics. That is, if you know her true attitude. What I mean is that you know her from head to foot. Love comes when you learn to accept her negative side. Try to see or search for her negative side. The negative side will determine whether you are still in love with her or not. You just can't fall in love with some one that you only know her positive side. If ever you see her negative side and you are willing to accept her as what she is, and you really like her from head to toe, then you'll know, you are indeed inlove with her.

Good luck brother! Peace!
udaykamboj
i'll say its love! rom experience of course. I've been through a similar situation. Although mine was a little more extreme but anyway I think that monday is your lucky day. If you truely feel for her this way then hang in there and you'll get your answer in due time. No one can really tell you whether you're in love or not, it's totally upto you and only you to decide that.
cocobirdi
eh, i can understand attraction at first site, bc i am usually attracted to guys that arent' exactly hot or whatever from the moment i look at them... but i don't know about love at first site.
thpn
Okay, it's been two weeks. I'm sure that the guy has already either asked the girl out or given up on her. Either way, he's probally not reading these anymore so you're all just wasting your time thinking of a solution to his problem.
valkyrie-heavens
I usually believe that it's lust. But sometimes I may believe in it. It's hard to explain. When u first meet someone there may be something there u see in them that makes u like them, but I wouldn't use the word love. If u get to know them better u may realize that u really do like them, and u could "sense" it when u first met them. But I wouldn't say it's "love at first sight". <- I know this from experience cause I'm still in love with this guy from when I first met him for the past 2 years.
illegalhost
Interesting topic. Love at first sight?? I think most of the time it happens in the movies!! Depends really on individuals. Some prefer to appreciate from afar and not do anything about it. Others are more bold enough. Guess it happens and will always be around! Especially with cosmetics and the stunning visual graphics editors uses nowadays! =)
Tvis
Yeap..it's love, for sure...I've had it a couple of times though Laughing

I never believed in it, until it happened...yet it happened 3 times to me. And 3 times later on the relationship broke up. However with one of those girls I got back...and she still is my girlfiend at this very moment.

Before that, I always started a relationship after knowing a girl very well. They were always first good friends and something happened and the romantic part started. So at that point I could say, I cannot believe in love at first sight. But, there are women in this world, man...you meet them just by coincident, and the first words you speak and it is already click from both sides and that is an amazing feeling...

ENJOY your time with here mate...it sounds pretty good!
skygaia
Love at first sight?

it sounds like a poet of liryc poet.
When I was young, it was possible to me. Actually I thought that there was a woman who could made me fall in love at first sight as some where in the world.
But as I got old, I realized that it is very difficult to happen to me.
Because I never see her for 40 years....

Well.. it is possible to feel good for some at first sight. and it could be changing to the love. ....
chloekaris
I think you fell for her looks at the start and it's just lust to be honest, you've seen this girl you like and anything she says to you is the right thing, it's like say you usually like hip hop music and she likes rock. When she tells you oh..............is the best band ever! you take the urge to listen to it and because you like her your mind suddenly likes it too. Just be careful you don't become obsessed with this girl or you may turn things the wrong way, because this ''love at first sight'' shouldn't turn to obsessive behaviour Wink i hope it all works out. x
siddharthlele
Love at first sight, in my opinion is nothing short of a Myth! Do you really fall in love with every single person of the opposite sex you see? And I am pretty sure people see hundreds of beautiful people everyday. Will you fall in love at first sight even after you are say, married? I wouldn't!!
mayur
time to throw my $0.02 in.

at first sight when you feel like wow! it's not love. u get that feeling 'mas shez awesome, i'd love to be her frnd' now this reaction could have two different routes.

if you feel like sleepin wid her, or even thinkin of sleepin wid her after a few meetings then its lust. if u just wanna get close to her then its an infatuation.

now lust may also lead to love as may infatuation. prolonged sex, can lead to a lot of intimate talk and that develops into love. or sweet infatuation talk can lead to sharing a lot of common things and interests. and doing stuff to gether can make u know the other person better and that can lead to love.

so love is a time taking process and surely not a first sight thing!
udaykamboj
well it could certainly be love! I believe in love at fisrt sight, i'm a victim myself, lol! Very Happy Love is not a cake that you have to wait for an optimum time for it to be just perfect. I mean c'mon, it could happen any where and anytime! So i say, hang in there, BUT DON'T HURT HER!
frozenhead
Wow! That sounds good for me though and yeah, love at first sight works for some. Wink