FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Vanilla Flavouring ?

blacksheep
Researcher Mayu Yamamoto of Japan's International Medical Center said her team had succeeded in extracting vanilla from ordinary cow dung, although she conceded the flavoring could only be commercially used in non-food products like shampoos.

Well A: I dont see the point if you cant eat it (not that I want to) because we have enough vanilla fragrance and wtf do I want shampoo that has vanilla flavorings? Granted shampoo taste like shit when it drips down your face through your eyes and eventually you may get a taste... but c'mon.

Do they actually spend money on this research?

Hey I've got one

Give me a grant for research, I will find a way to make money grow on trees! Vanilla from shit? Well I know I can do it... any takers?
mying
i love vanilla cola
38club
mying wrote:
i love vanilla cola
me too.. i really like it...
evilryu530
it is the best flavoring in banna fried thai ice cream. damn i love it, i love ice cream. it makes me happy. ice cream is good. i like it a lot. so awesome!!!!!!!!!
godam64
vanilla ice cream
vanilla wafer
vanilla candy
vanilla burger
vanilla cake

who ho ho i love them all
but i love chocolate rather than vanilla Twisted Evil
Vanilla
Uhn... Hey, how are you, I'm Vanilla! Cool

Well, if it smells like vanilla, then it's good! I agree this is a stupid research, but makes us laugh at least...

By the way, my body lotion, parfum, shampoo, soap are all vanilla scent. In fact, even my nick is vanilla! Laughing
Davidgr1200
Most of the so-called vanilla used these days is a chemical extracted from something (can't remember what - probably a biproduct of oil) and not the original vanilla plant. As long as you don't know where it came from I doubt if you will have any problems eating it. Just think where the water you drink has been....
NatetheGreat
Oh, how delightful! I'm smearing second-hand grass all through my hair every night! :sick:
Josso
38club wrote:
mying wrote:
i love vanilla cola
me too.. i really like it...

3rded.

My local store stopped selling it though Mad
cfackler
I work in an ice cream parlor. I couldn't imagine making a vanilla milkshake knowing the flavoring came from cow dung. Even worse, I can't imagine the customers finding out that fact.
HoboPelican
I wonder why it couldn't be used in foods? The source of origin for food additives isn't really important, as long as it has gone through the proper processing.

Vanilla from cow dung? Bring it on. I don't see the issue. You wouldn't either if you could see how your food gets from nature to your table. Our vegetables grow in fertilizers made from feces. You really don't want to see the stuff that gets on your meat during processing. Most foods have an allowable insect part count. Lets not even think about your eggs. Wink
NatetheGreat
HoboPelican wrote:
I wonder why it couldn't be used in foods? The source of origin for food additives isn't really important, as long as it has gone through the proper processing.

Vanilla from cow dung? Bring it on. I don't see the issue. You wouldn't either if you could see how your food gets from nature to your table. Our vegetables grow in fertilizers made from feces. You really don't want to see the stuff that gets on your meat during processing. Most foods have an allowable insect part count. Lets not even think about your eggs. Wink

...and for obvious reasons, I'm veggietarien. Rolling Eyes

Go Organic!! Twisted Evil
HoboPelican
NatetheGreat wrote:

eh, the dung fertilizer is "organic" Wink I bet you can't wash all the bug crap of your produce either Laughing Wink Face it, we really don't want to know everything about what we ingest. Laughing
NatetheGreat
HoboPelican wrote:
NatetheGreat wrote:

eh, the dung fertilizer is "organic" Wink I bet you can't wash all the bug crap of your produce either Laughing Wink Face it, we really don't want to know everything about what we ingest. Laughing

Just because it's impossible to obliterate filth, that doesn't mean we shouldn't do all in our power to try to stop it. Confused
HoboPelican
NatetheGreat wrote:
Just because it's impossible to obliterate filth, that doesn't mean we shouldn't do all in our power to try to stop it. Confused

You're right, of course. I just can't get to worried about vanilla flavoring processed from cow dung. Wash your food. Cook it to an appropriate temperature. The odds are in your favor when it comes to food, at least in the US.
wendy86
i love vanilla coke, vanilla ice cream... it is very very very tasty...
Handyman
I use to own a homemade ice cream parlor "POP's Ice cream" I made all of the ice cream. The commercial vanilla is called vanillin. It is a fraction of the cost of pure bourbon vanilla.

Burbon vanilla costs about $160 per gallon.

Vanillin vosts about $60 per gallon.

Chemicaly it is the same as vanilla but there is no substitute in my book As far as the taste you cant beat the Costarican Vanilla. I personaly never used the fake stuff. You can find out every thing you ever wanted to know about vanilla at vanilla.com. I think that it is ok to use Vanillin in non food items but only pure vanilla should be consumed.

Fun fact:

Did you know that the vanilla bean flakes in ice cream actualy add no flavor . They are just a buy product of the vanilla extract production. They are used to make you think that the ice cream is made with real vanilla beans. About 90% of ice cream manufactures use Vanillin. Check the label when you buy.
nilsmo
Vanilla Coke is pretty good. I wonder what specific chemicals cause the chemicals.
-+Enigma_84958+-
i love vanilla