FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any PHotoshop Wiz Around?

parokya
I need to make the following image have more vivid colors. Can anyone help me with it?

achowles
The simplest way is to adjust the Hue/Saturation by pressing CTRL + U (or apple + U for Macs) in Photoshop. There's also colour balance CTRL + B.

Ideally you'd have to be more specific about what you want doing as there's a vast multitude of different techniques that cover what you're after.
saskshadowplayers

is that what you mean? I just turned up the saturation a bit...nothing too crazy
achowles
That kind of thing, yes.

There's also curves (CTRL + M) that are useful for adjusting the contrast in very precise ways. Also these adjustment options appear in the layers window down the bottom under New Adjustment Layer. That way you can make the adjustments without directly affecting the original.
parokya
achowles wrote:
The simplest way is to adjust the Hue/Saturation by pressing CTRL + U (or apple + U for Macs) in Photoshop. There's also colour balance CTRL + B.

Ideally you'd have to be more specific about what you want doing as there's a vast multitude of different techniques that cover what you're after.

I was not aware of the "vast multitude of different techniques" you mention. But thanks for the help. I appreciate your comment. Very Happy
parokya
saskshadowplayers wrote:

is that what you mean? I just turned up the saturation a bit...nothing too crazy

Thank you for the work. I hope you don't mind if I use the image. You did make the colors livelier although I was thinking of something else. But never mind. You've made it the image less dull. Very Happy