FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who is Tired of MySpace?

true_paki
Tired of MySpace or MyPoints

Try iZapPoints and Get 100 Points Instantly!
Fun, Easy, & Fast way to earn points on the web.

Create a profile......get points Instantly!
Create a album......get points Instantly!
Create a journal......get points Instantly!
Create a Blog......get points Instantly!
Create a Topic......get points Instantly!
Vote in Polls......get points Instantly!
Take Surveys......get points Instantly!
Visit website......get points Instantly!
Shopping ......get points Instantly!
Referr a Friend......get points Instantly!
Play Games......get points Instantly!
Win Hot or Not Contest......get points Instantly!
and MUCH MORE!!!

Come and Join the Zap Community
http://www.izappoints.com Laughing Laughing
kazikame
I'm content with MySpace thanks.... Cool
Hobbit
What are the points for? MySpace rocks, it made me rich.
rightclickscott
I've got my reasons for using Myspace, but I call spam on that.
alkady
MySpace is a little too confusing theses days with their ads everywhere. I am happy with what I've got. I'll just start my own blog on my Web Site and I think thats more than enough. Plus most of the people that add you are mostly musicians or something like that. True that you get to talk with lots of celebrities, But they rarely respond to you, If they do, Your one lucky So...B.
datter
Hobbit wrote:

er... how exactly did it do that?
alkady
datter wrote:
Hobbit wrote:

er... how exactly did it do that?

I think he meant Rich in Friends.
Daniel15
So... What are these points for, anyways?
Anyways, I personally don't like sites like MySpace, etc. Razz
konflikt
My Space is okay, because EVERYONE has a My Space page, so it's a good way to get whatever you're trying to get out there. I agree that there are too many ads, and their software just places them anywhere without regard to your content(Well, at least for me). That's part of the reason I'm here; if Frihost can hook it up with some proper web space, bandwidth, and no ADS, then I can ditch My Space and host my music here. Hell, if it works out all right, I'd be willing to pay for it.
Einsland
I was tired of MySpace since it first hit the streets. It's so annoying to even hear a conversation about it. The interfae is ugly, ads everywhere, controls are like sticks in dry mud, very stiff, and it's not flexible enough. Not to mention, people have very laggy pages because MySpace never limits the amount of images and videos. It's like navigating through glue.
Hobbit
Einsland wrote:
I was tired of MySpace since it first hit the streets. It's so annoying to even hear a conversation about it. The interfae is ugly, ads everywhere, controls are like sticks in dry mud, very stiff, and it's not flexible enough. Not to mention, people have very laggy pages because MySpace never limits the amount of images and videos. It's like navigating through glue.

That's mostly because people think they're creating an actual site, and it's a profile not a site. Well they just try to be cool and add like 1,000,000 pictures, and 6 videos. Very annoying Smile.
tribe
I never had a myspace, never will either.
Never heard of mypoints, will never use it anyways.

This iZapPoints sounds even stupid-er....... would never use it.

How about you all make friends the normal way by talking face to face, not keyboard to keyboard!
Becky
I am definately not tired of MySpace
And i doubt many people will join that place your advertising, because it isnt as popular and doesnt have as large amount of people who are members..
Most people (like me) use myspace as a way to keep connected with friends, and seeing as most people have myspace, its quite easy. Very Happy
Davidgr1200
I've never used myspace (or heard of it). Give me some good reasons as to why I should be using it.
Josso
I use MySpace but I'm not one of those people who have normal accounts.

"Hi my names Dave, I like in California... today I had a small breakfast consisting of-"
I-don't-care.

I have an artist page so I can promote my music more, I've met artists like me even triggering interesting collaberations and I get a chance to listen to lots of cool stuff of people who add me. It's more exciting on the whole... that's just my opinion of normal accounts up there, don't take it personally.
CyanEyed
i had a myspace account for 5 minutes and hated it immediately. as mentioned above, its interface is ugly and it IS like navigating through glue.

anyway, why use a publicly viewable site to talk to ur mates - thats what IM was designed for wasnt it
Josso
Quote:
its interface is ugly and it IS like navigating through glue.

Sorry to double post but it was easier than editing this time round. I forgot to mention this. The GUI is litereally terrible. It took me a long time to navigate around my page, and adding html is stupid to say the least. It's designed in such a way it's slow as well.
{name here}
I consider MySpace to be one of the 7 seven internet scourges - right up there with eBaumsWorld and Runescape. I've been tired with it ever since I discovered it.
CWFwrestling
I think it was a great idea at it's inception. Getting people of the same age scoop together from around the country and later the World? Genious. But all of these shows, movies, ect having myspace is just a new age example of a good thing getting spoiled once it becomes well known.
CyanEyed
piczo it better than myspace hands down. their is only one problem with piczo and that is that they block search engines <-- u can add metatags and msn search picks it up but google doesnt. not much of a problem tho.
Soulfire
I like myspace. The rest is just imitation myspace... you know - like that canned imitation crab? *Yuck*
Hobbit
Soulfire wrote:
I like myspace. The rest is just imitation myspace... you know - like that canned imitation crab? *Yuck*

They still drive a lot of people to their site, and they get a lot of money even if the site isn't as popular as myspace.
SNES350
I would not consider joining MySpace (or any similar site) unless the design isn't as disgusting as it is on every page on MySpace. The colors, the layout, and everything else just doesn't look good. Many of my friends are closing their MySpace accounts because they came to the conclusion that continuing their accounts was nothing but a waste of time. A friend of mine found some free (not copyrighted and the author welcomed people to download it) music on MySpace that I like, but that is all.

I have found point-based sites to have nothing of real value in exchange for points, or completely ludacris amounts are necessary to get anything. Except Frihost. The points are fine here, since they purposed differently.
xorcist
Wow advertising another website like myspace, I thought you were going to say how bad you hate myspace.
CreepingD
I do not feel the need to join one of those sites, I really don't see a point in it
I rather make friends in real life

I also noticed that it's more of a USA thing or so?
I don't hear much about it where I live (in Belgium)
{name here}
Soulfire wrote:

Friendster, and LJ were there before MySpace. MySpace was basically the combination of the two concepts.

This fad is getting way out of hand with devices like the Helio. I hope it flops like the Newton.
TeenZine
My space = child mulesters . I dont go there thats why I learned html in the first place so i can have a website that is safer since i password protect most things that are sensitive. NOw my site is more of a portal latley.
Jaiye
for everybody complaining about the ads, I use a basic adblock plugin with firefox and I *never* see ads on myspace.
soulman
MySpace is good, but for most of us, the spam infor sucks... I am keeping avoid of these kind of service but I still got disturbed
SimonWSTS
My band has a MySpace account. It's good for getting word out about us to people who have MySpace I suppose but now with Frihost we don't really need it Very Happy

The main problem with myspace is that it's difficult to just see the information on the page for all the ads everywhere.
snowboardalliance
konflikt wrote:
My Space is okay, because EVERYONE has a My Space page,

MTV is cool because everyone watches it</sarcasm>

Myspace is just a lame fad, I had signed up once and made some stupid joke account and that's all. I hate things like myspace.
Jayfarer
The problem with this "iZapPoints" as the next big thing in social networking is that it looks like a giant ad, the name is not catchy, and you're fighting an uphill battle if you want to take away some marketshare from MySpace.
James007
I just read about MySpace infecting millions of users because of it's advertising network installing the wmf exploit. Laughing

http://freeinternetpress.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7675
n0isehazard
I never really liked MySpace. I actually can't wait until the Internet trend dies out. Has anyone seen those random cheesy advertisements for "TagWorld"? Confused Maybe the reason why I'm not into those communities is because I don't like looking at pictures of people. Laughing
Jeslyn
I only use Myspace to talk with my friends who are on the otherside of the country without raising our phonebill. Hence, why my myspace is private, it's only used to talk with them and nobody else.
Josso
Soulfire wrote:

Joss' Inbox wrote:
Join me on Ringo!
godam64
i'm not a myspace user
myspace site is to heavy for my internet
i have enough with friendster Smile
mceejaydee
What bothers me about myspace the most are the people that post bulletins like "If you love God repost this" What kind of crap bulletin is this. This shows how scared people can be of God so they resort to myspace bulletins to "please" God. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ItsWesley
I think the idea of myspace is good, its just that the interface is terrible. I've been on countless profiles that just hurt my eyes to read. I much prefer Bebo, as its simpler.
izimngcubes15
Daniel15 wrote:
So... What are these points for, anyways?
Anyways, I personally don't like sites like MySpace, etc. Razz

They are for redeeming prizes, I think, hey I saw 7,500 points for a Nintendo DS Lite ^.^ I would like it....but it seems so far away.

MySpace is confusing to me, I don't really have one.
Zug Zug
I only use myspace to keep in touch with my family.
eqfan
I just heard of it from here.I will give it a try.thanks
mw91
i hated myspace because i thought it was too rigid in the way that it made you put everything in the categories that they specify. But now i've created my own overlay and it looks pretty good. You can see it at www.myspace.com/mw91
scorpiosemotion
OI absolutley HATE myspace... but I am strangely addicted too... Oh now I am having withdrawals.. Their blog software bites the keeping in touch is cool though, I've found a lot of old friends from back in the day on there and many I'd rather not have found Rolling Eyes but the fact remains I hate it! ~lol~

Twisted Evil Scorp
joxang
Myspace rocks! It's simple but effective, especially at promoting music. It's quite the haven for Indie sluts and the like...I think I'm about to be dropping my Myspace though. Apparently everyone at uni uses facebook. Time to switch
mantasx
Quote:
I've never used myspace (or heard of it). Give me some good reasons as to why I should be using it.

I don't use it but people say its to make friends.. I think I hate it just because so many people like it. People say its fun, you get to talk to famous poeple ( i doubt it).. You should never, ever get myspace unless you feel like geting raped by some pervert that looks at your pictures "becomes your friend" over throught out myspace+AIM and kills you. Just kidding, I'm being ironic (what ever you spell it like Laughing )
I get shivers when people talk about myspace... People get addicted to myspace. They try to add as much crap as they can, get as many "friends" as possible, and add stupid pictures of them selfs. I never had a myspace, and if I ever make one, I will feel bad for my self, for turning into a myspace zombie!! Twisted Evil

I'm glad somebody came up with this topic.
Qube
snowboardalliance wrote:
MTV is cool because everyone watches it</sarcasm>

Myspace is just a lame fad, I had signed up once and made some stupid joke account and that's all. I hate things like myspace.

I beg to differ.
MySpace is NOT a fad, and for the following reasons.
It easily allows others to setup a basic page about themselves and their interests.
This is important because, as we all well know, most of the target media doesn't know what HTML stands for.
It's mostly copy and paste, with very few edits.
Second, how can communicating get any easier?
You may say "oh, they can just call them or go see them."
What if they can't?
Another witty retort might be "pfft, that's what e-mail is for, nub."
Good point.
Except with MySpace, you can meet people.
Granted there are very few people actually worth the time and effort to talk to imo, but hey, to each his own.
Complicated layout a peeve?
It's not if you don't put so much crap on your page.
I happen to think mine is very simple and to the point.
Namely cause I use mine just to keep in touch with friends.
Then there's also the pictures, blogs, etc.
True, you can have an online journal/album, but why have something seperate?
MySpace brings all these features together for your convenience.

Don't get me wrong, I think MySpace is the tool of the devil, but you have to admit, there's alotta functionality in that horrific thing.
As for the ads, Jaiye put it very well, get adblock.
I only see 1 ad at the top of the page.
And sometimes I don't even see that.
Just my thoughts. Wink
The Czar
konflikt wrote:
My Space is okay, because EVERYONE has a My Space page, so it's a good way to get whatever you're trying to get out there. I agree that there are too many ads, and their software just places them anywhere without regard to your content(Well, at least for me). That's part of the reason I'm here; if Frihost can hook it up with some proper web space, bandwidth, and no ADS, then I can ditch My Space and host my music here. Hell, if it works out all right, I'd be willing to pay for it.

I DON'T HAVE A MySpace ACCOUNT! Yes, I am shouting ... I hate it because my mathematics teacher has an account there ...
a.Bird
I'm tired of myspace, I'm tired of people with myspace pages, I'm tired of threads that have anything to do with myspace, I'm tired of seeing the word 'myspace'. Evil or Very Mad
N!Ce
konflikt wrote:
My Space is okay, because EVERYONE has a My Space page...

I don't and I am not planning to Cool
Arnie
I don't like it either; it's just like trying to get the biggest MSN Messenger contact list, to show the world that you've 6356133712572 friends. Well, there's only 24 hours in a day so how are you going to be really friends with all those people? Who only have you listed as friend to include their own count. I'm already having trouble making time to mail with about 5 online friends once in a while...
sketteksalfa
true_paki wrote:
Tired of MySpace or MyPoints

Try iZapPoints and Get 100 Points Instantly!
Fun, Easy, & Fast way to earn points on the web.

Yeah im already tired of myspace. im much into friendster. Theres so many advertisements in myspace that i dont know what and where to go. Anyway, you might be just advertising izapoints in which you are connected, aint you eh.
sketteksalfa
Another thing, ill grab your offer at izapoints if i can earn frihost points from there. hehe Laughing
Vandalyzed
Myspace is cool for about 5 minutes.

It is rare to find anyone that has any concept of web design. To be "cool, or Kewl, or Kowl, or Koo" what you need to do is overload your page with big pictures and graphics that cause the slidebar on the bottom (that scrolls left and right) to appear so that you can't view the page without scrolling. Or you must put music videos on your page, nevermind that there is a code that you can insert to make sure it doesn't auto-play..........

Myspace is great.......it's a good collection of the worst ideas of web design in the world. You wanna know what not to do when designing a page? Go visit myspace.

That being said......... Myspace is nothing but a means to an end. As the poster mentioned before, he's in a band and his band is getting a little recognition........... I prefer to use it to throw up some blogs, get some people reading my writings and then link to writings I actually make money on. Or if I"m selling something, I'll link to that.

And really, myspace is awesome if you want to sell something or get hits on a page or whatever............all you have to do is come up with some fantastical story about how bulletin readers MUST click on this link because the last people that didnt died by meatball suffocation or something.

You'll get clicks cuz...........those bulletin readers just can't help themselves..
Saryon
Nah, I don't like it. You can't really control it as much as you'd like to.
I have my account here, of which I can't complain. And I'm putting everything on it myself. At least you can control everything here.
NexFrost
you cant get tired of myspace thats immpossbile. You get to talk to your friends send them messages and make new friends. Myspace is the best.
darrenpaul
Ugh, don't like my-space, its too unorganised, ugly and hard to navigate.

Bebo all the way. Smile
mimsxmassacre
I actually love Myspace

:]]
fortune
I agree with snowboardalliance!! Very Happy
kar4s
Shocked man thanks. great job Exclamation
jabapyth
I kinda detest Myspace.... but i use facebook.
Myspace is just too cluttered for me.
gerly20
kazikame wrote:
I'm content with MySpace thanks.... Cool

[quote="gerly20"]I am not familiar with MySpace. l have never used this site. Could some one please tell me about this site. Thanks Sad .