FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

who here makes thier own games?

vonboy
i posted this in the hobbies section, but it isn't getting any atention, so i thoguth it would get more here.

i've been doing it for like 3 years as a hobby. i've only finished one game. for most of the first couple of years, i was just screwing aroung with different ideas trying to get better at coding, spriting, music ripping ( ), ect.

so what about you guys? how many of you are into game design, and do you put your creations up on your website for other people to play?
DopeyCriz
Hey

I do make my own actually lol.

What program do you use?

I use many kinds, like: RMXP, GameMaker, DarkBasic etc.
vonboy
i use gamemaker. i could send you the link to the game i made if you wanna try it out.
borud
Post the link please Very Happy

It would be really cool to try Cool
OsterhouseProductions
I use gamemaker too. Its an awesome program. Ive been using it for i think 2 years now, but i havent finished any decent games. All the games ive finished have been crao games that took me like a week. But im working on one right now that ive been working on for a couple weeks. You can try out a demo in my sig, and check out my topic in this forum for a name idea for my final boss.
vonboy
http://www.vonboy.frih.net/gamesra.html

that's the page on my website about it. i'm working on the sequel, and hope to put up a demo of it soon.

i'm downloading ur game otherhouse. the screens look awsome. i'll post what i think abotu it in ur topic.
rayx
I will post comment on your game after I played it !

Mostly I'm learning to program games using some free source engine like Irrlicht and Haaf 2D Accelerated Engine ported on MS Visual C++ 8 but I can't finish any decent games too.
OsterhouseProductions
Thanks, but remembner, its still a pretty early demo. THeres going to be 5 characters, 4 acts, lots of items, and other stuff. There should be a newer demo coming out in like 2 weeks maybe?
ChaosMike
My friend has been working on a little game for 7 months...he showed me the demo and it is quite fun. I always wanted to learn how to make games...until I saw the work you have to put into it Laughing
OsterhouseProductions
lmao yeah, it can take a lot of work.
rayx
@vonboy

Nice platform game. . . but lack of customization, your using the game maker message box for dialogue/message. Also resolution is too small try make it at least 640x480 pixel.
vonboy
well, i like maiking games in a snes like resolution. i'm not good with realy big sprites, and i thought i wouldn't look as good with 16x16 tiles on that big of resolution.
rayx
Have you ever tried to create 3D Games ?

Most of my favorite games are RPG like Final Fantasy and Suikoden. If there is someone here created a RPG Games using Game Maker or any game engine please post a link here !
darth_revan
I'm trying to make a 2D car-racing game using openGL now.

And, I made a text based RPG, using c++. Now I'm trying to re-code it with openGL. Then i'll be able to put some graphics in it.
rayx
@darth_revan

Do you make an engine for your game ?
Probably most of the programmer create a library engine before putting the game all together.
exarkun
However, if you use software like 3D Game Studio, it had a engine that is already available to you.
Bourgondier
I am a Grand Theft Auto modder which means that I modificate the
GTA series. This includes 3d moddeling, scripting, texturing enz....
So I dont make my own games, but I do make my own game-worlds.
I am a member of the Total conversion mod Grand Theft Auto Mafia Stories which replaces the whole GTA map. Cool right?

Greetings from bourgondier Razz
j0zman
I am about to join the game development industry. As for now, I am creating custom content for games such as Call of Duty / CoD: UO / Call of Duty 2.

But shouldn't be long now until I actually create a game.
rayx
Using 3D Gamestudio you still need to learn how to use their scripting languages and the good thing is that we can make any games with it.
darth_revan
rayx wrote:
@darth_revan

Do you make an engine for your game ?
Probably most of the programmer create a library engine before putting the game all together.

Well, i have header files, but they cant be called engine yet.

Right now, the car can turn left-right and go towards the heading angle, or backwards.
awesty
i make games in flash using action script. i was thinking of download gamemaker. is it any good? Confused
j0zman
If you like simple, but enjoyable games yes.
More 2d though.
gr3gg3r
It's funny. I used to want to do this for my career when I was younger, but it never fleshed out. I've only had a bit of experience with C++ and Java, but I would love to learn more.

I have designed levels for both Half-Life and Halo though. Half-life had a nice user-friendly editor, while Halo you had to go into 3D studio max and model the levels and go through several processes of exporting.

I loved it all though. I love the idea of creating your own games. I commend you on completing one yourself. Very well done, even if it simple.
moejoe
OsterhouseProductions wrote:
Thanks, but remembner, its still a pretty early demo. THeres going to be 5 characters, 4 acts, lots of items, and other stuff. There should be a newer demo coming out in like 2 weeks maybe?

Like your website.. Good Flashing, I like the Gas thing! Very Smart Razz.

Your Videos are hillarious. Try and make a video player through flash so no-one steals and slaps there name on your work.

Best Of Luck.
E-Magination
Game Maker me too... Im working on the best 2D platformer ever. For free offcourse. Why im so confident? Im a perfectionist. If a game isnt perfect for me a game isnt perfect for somebody else.
awesty
i had a look at game maker and i dont really like it. its sounds like a good program, but flash is much more of a challenge and you can probably come up with better results. since game maker doesnt have any code languauge it would be much easier. (im not saying its easy, just that it would be easier than actionscripting it flash so dont have a go at me if you disagree Razz )
Sokken
I have made a fighting game with opengl. Its something like tekken or streetfighter.
It was made by me and two other guys where I mainly was the 3d modeller but I programmed a little too. I think it still needs some work because its too simple when it comes to moves, there is just not enough of them and a lack of defensive moves.

After my sommer vaccation I will be part of making a RPG or adventure game which I think will be much better than the fighting game. I will post that one when it goes into the testing fase.
alwahsh
can you teach us how to make a game
ninjakannon
I started out using programs like darkbasic and 3D gamemaker, but (sorry for you guys that use them) they are pretty bad...

I then moved onto using flash to make flash games, and also toying arround with 3D programs.

Currently I'm in the process of making the biggest flash game in the world with my friend, I'm programming it and he's doing the graphics. It should be pretty damn good with all the graphics from isometric view (they'll rendered from 3D modles). It will be multiplayer (MMORPG) and I think pretty much unhackable... impossible you say... I think not, mwuhahahaha. That's why I'm the programmer Very HappyVery Happy

Oh, and one last thing, it will be free to play. But there will be lots of extra benifits if you pay and become a member.
DEViANCE
actually, me and my friend make games like pacman and stuff like that...
its cool, but boring after a while lol
ninjakannon
DEViANCE wrote:
actually, me and my friend make games like pacman and stuff like that...
its cool, but boring after a while lol

I know what you mean, I usually start making a game, and then give up when I've only made half of it's levels because there's no challenge anymore and it's just repetative tasks Neutral

At least I know I'm not the only one who gets bored Cool Very Happy
william
Yeah I make games. Currently I use Game Maker 6. Why don't I use C++ or any other language? Well, it's because Game Maker is actually very powerful. (Many people think it's for beginners.)
ninjakannon
william wrote:
Yeah I make games. Currently I use Game Maker 6. Why don't I use C++ or any other language? Well, it's because Game Maker is actually very powerful. (Many people think it's for beginners.)

What does game maker allow you to do? I used a program called the 3D game maker, but not game maker. Can you program games yourself, are they 3D and can you import your own textures / sounds etc?
OsterhouseProductions
ninjakannon wrote:
william wrote:

What does game maker allow you to do? I used a program called the 3D game maker, but not game maker. Can you program games yourself, are they 3D and can you import your own textures / sounds etc?

Yep, you can do all that, although most people use it for 2d games.
ninjakannon
Oh cool, what's the scripting like? What are the limitations, can you make online multiplayer games, for example, or are they single player offline. And are they exported / saved as exe files (which throws my 'online' question out of the window)?
allgame
Me i use RPGXP.
saskshadowplayers
I've made a few simple flash games, but nothing I'm too proud about. One was like a duckhunt type thing, but my scripting and flash skills were a little lacking at the time, its still kinda fun but its really not alot like the original.
vonboy
awesty wrote:
i had a look at game maker and i dont really like it. its sounds like a good program, but flash is much more of a challenge and you can probably come up with better results. since game maker doesnt have any code languauge it would be much easier. (im not saying its easy, just that it would be easier than actionscripting it flash so dont have a go at me if you disagree Razz )

what are you talking about? GM does have a programming languege bult into it. the languege is like other languages, but it's much simpler, like...

if(vspeed>0)
{instance_destroy(obj_badguy)}
else
{room_restart}

that peice of code will check if you falling when you collide with an enemy, and if you are, it destroys the badguy, if you aren't falling, the level restarts itself, i think. Laughing

Quote:
Oh cool, what's the scripting like? What are the limitations, can you make online multiplayer games, for example, or are they single player offline. And are they exported / saved as exe files (which throws my 'online' question out of the window)?

well, the coding is like the piece of code above. instead of you having to look for lots of dlls and stuff, the program already has hundreds of variables and fuctions built into it. it's object oriented, and all the objects alrady have basic variables like x, y, direction, speed, visible, solid, ect. if you need more functions, then you can can use dlls then.

it's shareware, but you can use most of the functions without having to register it, but you have to register it for like 15 eros (i don't know how much that is in dollors) to be able to do stuff like particle effects, 3d, and multiplayer support.

i wouldn't realy recomend game maker if you wanna make 3d games though. the functions for that was just added in the latest version, and there kinda spares right now (like it don't have shadows or lighting implemented yet) and it can't support very many polys. mayby about as many as in a n64 or ps1 game, but that's about it.

it's ecported as .exe files, but i know some group of people are working on a pregram which convert .gm6 files (whne you're still working on a project, you save them as .gm6 files so you can work on them later) into java files, so you can play them in a browser. i don't know how much succes there having, though.
Arnie
I've worked on an RPG engine in RGH Profan, but the code got lost when my main HDD crashed. WD Caviar, it's the only brand that has crashed on me - twice.
PMonkey
Ophelia Immortal is the name of the game I'm involved in. It's an MMORPG thats been in production almost a year with a small team of us building it.

http://opheliaimmortal.com/

The website is an out of date old version. I'm currently working on the new version. The game itself is still in the concept phase with a few models being built. Keep an eye out for when there is more content to be viewed. We are planning for closed beta testing in about 3-5 years. Seems ages away, but we are only a small team with big ambitions!
william
OsterhouseProductions wrote:
ninjakannon wrote:
william wrote:

Yep, you can do all that, although most people use it for 2d games.

Yes you have the ability to do that. However, if you want to edit 3D graphics, you need the registered version. (Costs 20 USD or 15 Euros). You can do more with C++, but for now, I find Game Maker as good as C++, Java, and many other languages.
PhoenixFire
It seems like a lot of people use programs to program programs. That last sentence even confuses me to some extent. Anyway, I'm more of a purist when it comes to game creation. My products are rather basic, but I don't mind. So far I've made a graphical version of Yahtzee! and a personal version of Space Invaders using Java. Created from scratch and made with love <3. Anyway, I have copies of my games posted online, but for some reason I've been getting some kind of error whenever they're run on computers that don't have the Java Development Kit. If anyone knows anything about Java errors and how to fix them, I'd really appreciate if you could help me out with this little bugger. I'll put up a copy of the error message in a code block.

Code:
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: YahtzeeGUI (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:502)
   at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
   at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(AppletClassLoader.java:148)
   at sun.plugin.security.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:168)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:299)
   at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java:114)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:255)
   at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(AppletClassLoader.java:501)
   at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:574)
   at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(AppletViewer.java:1828)
   at jep.AppletHolderPanel.createApplet(AppletHolderPanel.java:160)
   at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:503)
   at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:292)
   at jep.AppletHolderPanel.run(AppletHolderPanel.java:148)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:554)

Fun stuff, huh? If anyone knows how to fix that, I'll love you forever.

Cheers.
ninjakannon
Although I don't do much java, PhoenixFire. I think that I know what your problem is, but I'm not entirely sure.

I believe that you have used a class that is either only avaliable in the Java Development Kit[, or is not present in older versions of java]. Therefore only the people with the Java Development Kit[ or with the latest version of java] would be able to run your game.

Did you make your own class called YahtzeeGUI? And is this perhaps the class that is not working? I'm assuming that you can create your own classes using the Java Development Kit but these can only be read by the Java Development Kit, or something like that.

I may be totally wrong here, but I gave my best shot Razz Send a link to your game and I'll see if I can run it.

EDIT:
Quote:
An UnsupportedClassVersionError is thrown when the Java Virtual Machine determines it does not support the major and minor version numbers in the class file it is attempting to read.
princedarkdestiny
I recommend AGS for Adventure Game Makers. I used to make some games with it. But really, making games is a hard work. Rolling Eyes
PhoenixFire
ninjakannon wrote:
Did you make your own class called YahtzeeGUI? And is this perhaps the class that is not working? I'm assuming that you can create your own classes using the Java Development Kit but these can only be read by the Java Development Kit, or something like that.

Actually, with Java, you can make your own classes. As long as they're present in the directory specified, they're usable. In this case, YahtzeeGUI is the main class file used by the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) or Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to run the game. I've read up a bit on the subject, but all I could find was that I may have compiled it with a version of the JDK that has issues when combined with the latest version (or past versions, even) of the JRE.

NOTE: All classes available to a programmer through the JDK are included in the JRE and can be easily accessed. If they weren't, then programmers could make programs that are only usable to other programmers, which doesn't make much sense.

Anyway, nice try, ninjakannon, but I think the problem's a bit more complicated than what you made it out to be.

Cheers.
Tulkamir
I'm currently at a school for game art and design and am working on a team to create a demo of a fully realized game concept. I have also worked with mod teams in the Dungeon Siege community.

In other words, I live to make games. Smile

And a suggestion to anyone using those silly game maker programs... stop wasting time. There are far better solutions to this around. Unreal Tournament ships with a full tool set, Doom 3, Half Life 2, Dungeon Siege, Neverwinter nights, the list goes on. Use one of these. These engines are far superior to things like game maker and world builder. They require much more know-how, yes, but it is worth it. (Not to mention that the games they come with are very fun).

If you take that suggestion seriously, I'll give you another, wait for Unreal 2007 to come out. It will ship with the Unreal 3 engine, which is absolutly amazing. There is a reason that over 250 developers over the world have spent millions of dollars to liscense it. Very Happy
darth_revan
No matter how good those game-creating toolkits are, they cannot give you the freedom that c++ gives.

Its simple to learn c++. Just search "c++ tutorials" and download dev c++ ( www.bloodshed.net ) and start programming. Then, you'll be able to handle openGL or DirectX. I use openGL, but directX is easier. But if you use openGL, you'll be able to make games for Linux too. Thats what i want... I dont want Microsoft to own me, i want to be free. So, i use OpenGL.

edit: you can ask me if you have problems with c++. You can use either MSN or PM.
ninjakannon
But where to you get a program that can write C++?
RoughitforGreen247
Sounds like you all are pretty good at this whole thing. I'm looking to get into game designing, but I'm unsure how to proceed. I know some C++, Java, and a little 3d animation with Maya and 3ds Max. I'm looking for a way to begin expanding that knowledge into a practicable form (producing something more than a crude version of brickout). Any suggestions?
mongoose41
vonboy wrote:

what are you talking about? GM does have a programming languege bult into it. the languege is like other languages, but it's much simpler, like...

if(vspeed>0)
{instance_destroy(obj_badguy)}
else
{room_restart}

that peice of code will check if you falling when you collide with an enemy, and if you are, it destroys the badguy, if you aren't falling, the level restarts itself, i think. Laughing

That would be more like:
Code:
Collision Event with object obj_badguy:
execute code:

[b]if[/b] [color=blue]vspeed[/color]>0
instance_destroy([b]other[/b])
[b]else[/b]
room_restart()
Otherwise it complains about the command 'room_restart()'.

EDIT: I tried to fix the tags but I lost points. No changes.
ninjakannon
RoughitforGreen247 wrote:
Sounds like you all are pretty good at this whole thing. I'm looking to get into game designing, but I'm unsure how to proceed. I know some C++, Java, and a little 3d animation with Maya and 3ds Max. I'm looking for a way to begin expanding that knowledge into a practicable form (producing something more than a crude version of brickout). Any suggestions?

There are some good online tutorials that explain programming and graphic design concepts well, and are a great way to learn. Most of them are also free. Also, there are forums that you can join that specifically talk about, for example actionscript (flash's programming language; for those who don't know) (one example of this is flashkit.com).

I am totally self taught and I've learnt from tutorials that programs come with, as well as asking questions on forums. Just search around to find something on the programming language that you want to learn. And, as for graphics, use programs, find out what all their tools do and how to use them well. The best way to get good at graphic design of any kind is to actually do it, practice is essential.

Hope this helps Very Happy
darth_revan
ninjakannon wrote:
But where to you get a program that can write C++?

What do you mean, a program that can compile c++ codes? http://www.bloodshed.net/

Or do you want tutorials? http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/ or google for "c++ tutorials"

You can find, if you want to.

And again, dont hesitate to contact me if you have problems...
ninjakannon
Thanks, darth_revan. I meant what can compile it. I'm interested in it because it's quite a powerful language; but I don't actually know it yet Razz

I'll look some of the programs on bloodshed.net.
gamesnmore
I make games! It's pretty cool. I use Game Maker 6.1
Very Happy
Kurosaki_Ichigo-San
vonboy wrote:
i posted this in the hobbies section, but it isn't getting any atention, so i thoguth it would get more here.

i've been doing it for like 3 years as a hobby. i've only finished one game. for most of the first couple of years, i was just screwing aroung with different ideas trying to get better at coding, spriting, music ripping ( ), ect.

so what about you guys? how many of you are into game design, and do you put your creations up on your website for other people to play?

Yup, Thats what I need a website for is for the game i'm creating. It's going to be a free online 2D Naruto MMORPG.
Yjaxygames
I use GameMaker too (I think I've already said that but I couldn't find my post), and I've found another nice program: www.playerworlds.org
Makes nices MMORPG. Within 15 minutes you can understand it, just searh the site for a tutorial, it tells you step by step what to do.
Mrs Lycos
I have a team and we make games for a living too. But we prefer to develop our own game engines... we have a browser-based game (no download needed) that is time-based, not turn-based like most of the games around.
We're currently finishing a 3D fighting game to play online, for that it has a downloadable client made in Delphi. Whenever I have some screenshots I'll post the links.
PseudoKnight
If you're really only interested in making games for fun and would prefer a semi-quick and easy way to do it, I would suggest looking into Garry's Mod for Half-Life 2. The LUA coding is easy for a novice to pick up and start creating things. There's plenty of content to play around with and a huge community sharing bits of code that you can integrate into your own mod of a mod. Just yesterday I took a maze generator that someone had built and integrated an NPC spawner with degrees of difficulty as you move through the maze. It was easy to do and there's no need for compiling. You can even write code on the fly in-game if you wanted to.
Magicman
Wow, I'm surprised that no one here uses the Blender game engine. It's Open Source so its free. The game engine is only one feature of Blender as it can render 3d animations as well. It has some problems but its being worked on constantly by people who do it in their spare time. You can download Blender at http://blender3d.org.
Ha, my post so far almost seems like a commercial. Anyway, I use Blender to make my own games but haven't really finished any good ones so far.
Rad Ultima 2
I've tried to make my own games before, but things never work out. Sad I was especially interested in making RPG games. There was a program named "RPG Maker 2000" or something like that. It worked farily easily and didn't require any real programming knowledge.

Later on, I tried to use a program named 3D Game Studio. After a lot of attempts, I could create some 3D levels, and do a first-person shooter thing, but was very limited because you really needed to understand how to program in order to do hardly anything.

Because of that, I tried to learn C++, but this was hard in itself and finding motivation was not easy. Sad

The MMORPG making thing, mentioned by Yjaxygames, sounds pretty awesome. I'll have to try that out sometime in free time!
lunatic07
yes i make games im currently helping making a mmorpg online game called argorath kind of like world of warcraft but you dont have to pay alot of updates on the site and game is coming soon so stay tuned in the forums at www.darkcore.co.nr
samur
Me, too, but I mainly create scenario, create game concepts, design docks, collect team. Manage everything. I programme some, too, but the most I like creating worlds ruled by my own rules. Now I`m Lead Scenarist in Aazera (www.aazero.com) in the Deamoneth project :]
ninjakannon
I've heard of Blender, I think my friend used/uses it. And I actually have RPG Maker 2000 and RPG Maker XP. When I first got into game making I started out with simple things like this which are fast and pretty easy to use.

I've just had a thought, someone here might know this so I'll ask. I'm currently making a game, but before I release it I'll need to copyright the game and give a trade mark to the game name as well as the company name. So how do I do this? I'd like to do it online if possible, but I'm not sure if I can. And I know that it will cost, but how much?
Thanks. Very Happy
Snipufin
Yeah, I'm making games with GM6.1 registered.
Which GM versions you have?
xkobram
no way, i need more patiance
SumPersonGuy
I do make games. I've made one crap game that took me forever even though it was the dumbest game ever. I use gamemaker, but I decided to give up on game making because it's waaaaaaaaaay too difficult.
................................................................................................................
THe one game I made was the game it tells you how to make in the help thing. It was the ball game
-SPG
lococobra
I've been making video games since I was 9

I started with a program called yabasic (a free VERY low level basic compiler), and worked up to programs like The Games Factory. Now I mostly do 3D modeling and web design, but every once and a while I'll see what I can do. My goal is to be a profesional game designer, and I'll be going to a four year university to try to complete that goal. Ubisoft here I come Very Happy
chrismen
I used to make my own games but they were always so crappy. My friends would play them but of course only because I made them. I would mostly just make the games because it was fun to do so.
xkobram
SumPersonGuy wrote:
I do make games. I've made one crap game that took me forever even though it was the dumbest game ever. I use gamemaker, but I decided to give up on game making because it's waaaaaaaaaay too difficult.
................................................................................................................
THe one game I made was the game it tells you how to make in the help thing. It was the ball game
-SPG

I did one much simplier game and it was not workin, i used macromedia flash 8 and the guide was for MX version but Its also the same Flash, a cnat understand it Very Happy
reddishblue
I have a team called Code Black Studios that uses Game Maker Cool\
Thats GM 6.1 Regestered
Mrs Lycos
Btw, I would lke to ask you how do you design the characters / sprites. Are they pixel-like or are you using 3D models? If so, what software program do you use? I'm starting with 3D max, but then I saw this Caligari Gamespace and started using it, but in this program everything is so visual, it seems you can't enter any exact value for your modifications. I was wondering if any of you uses Maya, Blender or any other, and your opinions on their usability.
mongoose41
reddishblue wrote:
I have a team called Code Black Studios that uses Game Maker Cool\
Thats GM 6.1 Regestered
I use Gamemaker 6.1 (Registered) but I work alone and do fine. Gamemaking with Gamemaker is NOT hard! It takes time but it's not hard! I haven't been using Gamemaker for a few months because I'm currently into Warcraft 3 custom maps.
Meggsy
I made a "Lemonade Tycoon" type game while in highschool for an assignment. I made it with the intent of playing it once I had finished but because I knew the formula for the program I knew how to win and obviously then it was no fun. Since then I haven't made any games.
Commando_Sondre
In fact, I am creating a game. But it goes slooow, since its only me and a friend and we are creating our own game engine with physics, AI and all that stuff. It goes slow, but it works (not good :p )

Mostly we want to create a very good FPS, but right now we just want to create a great engine! Smile
DopeyCriz
I do have a RMXP download at my website.
It is easier for people who are starting to create their own games.

~DopeyCriz
mongoose41
Meggsy wrote:
I made a "Lemonade Tycoon" type game while in highschool for an assignment. I made it with the intent of playing it once I had finished but because I knew the formula for the program I knew how to win and obviously then it was no fun. Since then I haven't made any games.
Similar things happen if you put secrets in other (genre) games. It's more fun if you add random events or something that even you (the creator) wouldn't know exactly what and where it is.
engehab
thanx alot ya man
ninjakannon
xkobram wrote:
I did one much simplier game and it was not workin, i used macromedia flash 8 and the guide was for MX version but Its also the same Flash, a cnat understand it Very Happy

I love flash. I've been programing in flash since I was 13 - almost 3 years now - and I'm pretty damn good now Razz
If you need some help with flash, try getting an account on the flashkit forums. You can ask about anything and there's always someone who will know the answer. Cool

Commando_Sondre wrote:
In fact, I am creating a game. But it goes slooow, since its only me and a friend and we are creating our own game engine with physics, AI and all that stuff. It goes slow, but it works (not good :p )

I'm creating a big game with my friend. And I know what you mean about slow. I'm doing all the programming, and he's doing all the graphics. I only realised about 2 weeks ago how long it will take to render all the animations of the different characters. Because of the way they have to me made, it could take.... weeks. Yes, weeks of solid rendering, and I'm talking about starting up a macro that will just do all the renders non stop. It's pretty much rediculous, I'm gonna have to dedicate a computer to it and just hope there isn't a powercut Shocked