FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to change MX Record on FriHost?

dickyzin
I would like to change the MX Recored on my FriHost account. I have checked inside DirectAdmin and I can't find anywhere to change it. I want to use Google Email Hosting since it gives 2GB of space for each user under my domain name. Please provide assistance.
Scorpio
Frihost does not offer you domain control like that, meaning you cant change Mx or A records using your frih.net sub domain,

You should use a domain name like .com or something for doing that at the registrar itself

Or perhaps you can do it with www.everydns.net(not sure about this)
dickyzin
My domain is registered with GoDaddy. Can I change the MX Record there if I don't park my domain with them?
Scorpio
dickyzin wrote:
My domain is registered with GoDaddy. Can I change the MX Record there if I don't park my domain with them?

If you have a domain registered with GoDaddy, then go to their control panel and change the Mx values according to the guide given by google in their email page(the one where you have the google accounts @yourdomain.com)
Daniel15
dickyzin wrote:

If GoDaddy provide you with DNS services, you should be able to. Otherwise, sign up for www.everydns.net, and set up your DNS records there. You'll need records like this:
[yourdomain] A 216.32.85.170
*.[yourdomain] A 216.32.85.170

This will allow your main site to work. Then, add in all the Google MX records. Under 'Fully Qualified Domain Name:', put your domain name. Under 'Record Type:', choose MX. Under 'Record Value:' and 'If MX Record, MX Value:' put the entry that Google gives you. Repeat this until every entry is entered in (there's about 6 or 7 of them).

Then, point your domain to the DNS servers ns1.everydns.net, ns2.everydns.net, ns3.everydns.net, and ns4.everydns.net. It should now be working Smile
dickyzin
GoDaddy does not provide DNS services.

So I've tried using ZoneEdit for DNS services and it works. Smile I haven't tried www.everydns.net yet. Anyone know which one provides better service?
niranvv
Hi,
Im using "Google Hosted" GMAIL for my domain www.niranvv.com
and I can edit the MX records and all other settings there!
But its only a domain forwarder to http://niran.frih.net

The Question is that, If I transfer/Add the www.niranvv.com
at my frihost server using domain manager here,
then can I edit the MX records for the domain www.niranvv.com
here at Frihost Server 2 using Direct Admin??

I need to use "Google hosted" for my email addresses and need to use hosting here @ frihost for the domain www.niranvv.com

Niran
mathiaus
niranvv wrote:
The Question is that, If I transfer/Add the www.niranvv.com
at my frihost server using domain manager here,
then can I edit the MX records for the domain www.niranvv.com

This has already been answered in this topic Rolling Eyes
No you can't, read the posts before your own for how you can achieve this.
Daniel15
Quote:
can I edit the MX records for the domain www.niranvv.com

Sorry, but we don't give you DNS control via DirectAdmin. You'll need to use an external nameserver (such as on the ns3.webstarindia.com. ns4.webstarindia.com. ns5.webstarindia.com. ns6.webstarindia.com servers you're using at the moment, if you have full DNS control).

You may follow my instructions above if you want to use the EveryDNS.net DNS services Smile
niranvv
Finally my problem has been solved Guys!
Thanks for all your supports!

As already mentioned, I can edit DNS records for my domain at Webstarindia.com
I changed the Name servers there to point to FRIHOST nameservers and checked!
The site is loading properly and the mails can be controlled from the DirectAdmin at Frihost.com
But I was searching for the option to use Google Hosted as my mailing solution!
Thats why I was asking about DNS controls at FRIHOST!

So rolled back to the old name servers at my hosting server!
There didn't edited the name servers to point to Frihost name server.

But changed the A RECORDS to point to my IP Address for FRIHOST: 216.32.85.170
And checkd! That is working fine guys! Laughing
And edited The MX records there to point to Google Hosted mail servers!

So now I can use Frihost as my server for the domain: www.niranvv.com
and I can use Google Hosted Gmail for My domain at: http://mail.google.com/hosted/niranvv.com

I think, using http://www.everydns.net/ will help all of you to edit the A records and MX records seperately if you can edit the NAME SERVERS only at the Domain Hosting SIte!

Niran

Www.Forum.NiranVv.Com
Www.NiranVv.Com