FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Air guitar!!!!!!!

kazikame
Do any of you do air guitar when no one else is looking?

I do it all the time. Even to songs without guitars... Rolling Eyes
Duncan Idaho
lol. I love doing that, some times my mum or sister will walk by the kitchen when im doing it and look at my wierd.
eday2010
The best is playing the air guitar to non-musical sounds. Like a jack hammer or a car honking it's horn during rush hour. I got the idea from Mad Magazine a few years back Very Happy
mceejaydee
Haha I think air guitar is funny.
myrevolt
I think its best when you are actually holding something...preferably obscure.
(like when people sing into a cylinder shaped device as if it were a microphone)

Though holding a guitar while "air-guitaring" would be reminiscent of lip-syncing, no? Wink
Tumbleweed
I cant play air guitar, but I can play the air saxaphone Very Happy
Andrew426
I play air guitar all the time (mostly during solos) but I prefer to play real guitar Cool
Tatsumaru
Yeah, I'm trying to learn how to play the real guitar, but in the mean time I'll just be rocking out on the air guitar on my favorite metal bands Cool
Alpha Dude
lol...not me no, but these guys do it all the time Wink

Becky
Alpha Dude wrote:

haha, them guys are awesome!! <3333

I play Air guitar ALL the time, and i'm proud of it! lol Laughing
NatetheGreat
Alpha Dude wrote:

That's funny. Laughing

I do it sometimes, mostly when I'm bored. Razz

*wants to learn for real*
poisonhzkj
lol...i never do that...i will take my guitar with me when i want to do that...haha
Ellosha
Air guitar is a wonderful thing.

Though a couple of my friends and I decided that the world would be a much better place if all air instruments actually functioned. We're not sure how it could work, though.
Hobbit
I play the real guitar, but I do flips with an air guitar.
sbel
NatetheGreat wrote:
Alpha Dude wrote:

That's funny. Laughing

I do it sometimes, mostly when I'm bored. Razz

*wants to learn for real*

i think they do it the best. not only does it look so funny, it has sound too. who invented this air guitar anyway?
CWFwrestling
lol Or the "air singing" when the guitarist mouths the lyrics while playing. I've done both, and was good at neither.
jabapyth
myrevolt wrote:
I think its best when you are actually holding something...preferably obscure.
(like when people sing into a cylinder shaped device as if it were a microphone)

Though holding a guitar while "air-guitaring" would be reminiscent of lip-syncing, no? Wink

i often air-guitar with a young nephew. Very Happy
Ray Gravin
I've never been comfortable with playing air guitar. I don't even feel comfortable with dancing. Sometimes I will do the "node" almost head-bang kinda thing. I think I'm kinda insecure with my body.

I play a real guitar sometimes. I can't help but to get into that. It would be inhuman not I think. I don't seem to mind looking dumb doing that!

My roommate plays the air guitar allot. Im embarrassed for him! I get really uncomfortable when he whips out his air axe and starts wailing. Makes me blush a little.
kung_fu_stu
While listening to music I can't help but move something and air guitar is a classic. I never stop there though, I'm like a one man band continuously flipping through instruments. Air drumming would have to be my fav. I really do play guitar so air guitar just isn't as fulfilling as air drums.
brushedbybutane
Haha, I am TEH air guitarist. Immagination rocks!
Icantation
I usually do air guitar when i love that song playing (particularly a fast rock song) im teh imaginary with those things. <3
sbel
do you need to be able to play guitar to air guitar? if that makes any sense? or does it make it more worthwhile?
nakoth
There is a air guitar (and drumming) competitions in Finland i believe.

I havent attended though, yet Smile
kazikame
sbel wrote:
do you need to be able to play guitar to air guitar? if that makes any sense? or does it make it more worthwhile?

Nope, but basic understanding of playing the guitar makes you look a lot less moronic.
jabapyth
nakoth wrote:
There is a air guitar (and drumming) competitions in Finland i believe.

I havent attended though, yet Smile

funny! Laughing
i should go.
Srs2388
I just play real guitar instead Very Happy
HoboPelican
LOL. The battle of the air bands. Laughing I love it. I like jamming on my air g-tar, but I'm always busting a string and have to start over.....
David_Pardy
Would a person interested in music created by air instruments be called an Airhead? Very Happy

I play drums, therefore I tap. Especially while driving.
pjv
It's cool dood, i love doing it especially when listening to rock music! Sometimes i also do air drums Laughing
CreepingD
air guitar and air drums all the time Cool
sometimes I don't even notice, people walking by do... Laughing
Vrythramax
My wife loves to lip sync when she thinks nobody is looking...I bust her all the time and it's just to funny! She get's so embarrassed it makes ya wonder why she keeps doing it. Very Happy
cybernie
been doing it especially when i hear my fave songs being played
mw91
thanks guys i know what to buy my bro for his birthday, An air guitar!!!
jongoldsz
Air Guitar is fun, but I prefer to play my real guitar.
Bourgondier
air guitar rocks!!!
Davidgr1200
There are some electronic instruments that work on that idea - movement through teh air being used to make music. Have a look at the Soundbeam http://www.soundbeam.co.uk/. Dave Jackson (of Van der Graaf Genreator) plays one.

>>Air guitar is a wonderful thing.

>>Though a couple of my friends and I decided that the world would be a much better place if all air instruments actually functioned. We're not sure how it could work, though.
Sharkbite86
lmao I do it sometimes when im bored and listening to music next to my computer lol. However, I prefer to do the air drums with pencils and the like Razz lol its the only way to go to get in the groove Razz lol.