FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

3D animation

Oscar
Hi there Since Iam into 3d animation,and planning to make my site tridimensional( hopefully ) I wonder if there any Animation fans that I could share same interest.My preference includes Maya,Z-Brush,Endorphin,Combustion,Softimage XSI,and several other tools.By the way anybody tried 3D to Flash conversion and used it on own site ? Peace.
xiao
You should try Lightwave, I've seen people making awesome things with it... Only it's quite complicated Sad
daemon
In my opinion u shoul try maya its high-end compactibilities makes it great!!
myaelectro
maya alow make text 3D ?

i dont know a easy soft for make text 3D

regards

monica
CaNn!Bal
You should try Blender .. It's free!
sunjay
i recon you should stick with the one your most comfortable with. Personally, i like maya and 3ds max
Silent Soul X
I personally use 3D Studio Max and Cinema 4D as i find they are the most powerful but on the other hand a tad expensive, i suggest also using maya as one of my friends has that and can create stunning 3d logo's and many other objects
charliehk
Try 3D Text Maker:

http://www.3dtextmaker.com/
jbaffa
Could you advise any 3D tutorial ?

I suck at 3D design .
lxcid
I uses 3D Studio Max for 3D Modeling and Animation. I love 3D Modeling and Animation too. Anyway, Lightwave 3D and 3D Studio Max allow you to export 3d Animation to flash using Swift 3D LW and Swift 3D MAX. Or you can use Swift 3D for flash. Smile
Oscar
I started with Lightwave than I tried Softimage and finally I sticked to Maya.Since this is one envirinment package and has easy adjustable interface I prefer it but still if You want to quickly do some work You switch between different app.Recently I downloaded small software for creating tutorials called WINK http://www.debugmode.com/wink/ and will try to use it to produce some tutorials anybody heard of it ?
mohamed
you should try swift 3d.. and the discontinued discreet plasma (though i wouldn't personally recommend that one). YOu need vector based 3d softwares that are personalized for web use. Raster images are not so convenient. What i meant by raster is compatibility in flash. This makes size much more feasable. If you are using static images, you need to makes models in 3d and then photoshop it to incoporate it in a large design. Then you slice them and put in the scripts and programmings.

Do be reminded that 3d graphics can be complicated in the web if its static. But if you want it to be animations, then it must be simplicity. Simplicity in 3d works well on site designs. A common mistake that everyone does is that making the animations bloat in size and render it useless or forever-loading sites.