FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Layout

Becky
On my site i have a new layout

www.catastrophe.frih.net

what do you think?

Comments & constructive critism would be cool Very Happy
kazikame
Pretty emo if you ask me Rolling Eyes

And is there a reason why it only takes up half the screen? Maybe you could find a way to fix that.

But overall, much better than the default templates Smile
silentpark
hmm i am not sure if its the best idia to use a frame :/
scrollbars ruin designs even if its easear make the hole page scrollable (well you allready need to scroll so why dont make everythink scrollable?)

yees... ah well but ..

ah.. ok.. well with IE you used customized scrollbars well thats ok.. (but they won't work in FF Opera and all the others...)

well it looks great and there is no real need to change something its just.. i think it could be even better if you abstain from the iframe Smile
sprinqles
If you're going for an emo site, then you've definitely succeeded but it would be much better if you added some more graphics. Say, make your menu a lil graphical, use images instead of text links. Smile
sbel
what's an emo site?

btw, i liked your banner. However you might want to add more of those cool graphics. coz right now, it looks a little empty. But props to the banner
Hobbit
It's not that emo, the crying guy is just creepy honestly. I like the layout though.
puredazzle
It looks nice! But in my browser (Firefox) the http://www.catastrophe.frih.net/heder.png doesn't have the same background color as the rest of the page. Try to make the images bg transparent! I really like the logotype and how its adapted to the images.

maybe it would be nice if you hade some marginwidth at the bottom of the hole page. and maybe some line or something.
Becky
kazikame wrote:
Pretty emo if you ask me Rolling Eyes

And is there a reason why it only takes up half the screen? Maybe you could find a way to fix that.

But overall, much better than the default templates Smile

well.. the last episode of doctor who was very emo lol Laughing.
And it took up half the screen because i wanted it too :]

Quote:
hmm i am not sure if its the best idia to use a frame :/
scrollbars ruin designs even if its easear make the hole page scrollable (well you allready need to scroll so why dont make everythink scrollable?)

I know the IFrame sucks XD I'm gonna figure out during the school holidays how to use to PHP and stuff like that, so i wont need to use IFrames to put wordpress onto my layout Very Happy
sbel
puredazzle wrote:
It looks nice! But in my browser (Firefox) the http://www.catastrophe.frih.net/heder.png doesn't have the same background color as the rest of the page. Try to make the images bg transparent! I really like the logotype and how its adapted to the images.

maybe it would be nice if you hade some marginwidth at the bottom of the hole page. and maybe some line or something.

you'll have problems using PNG files with certain internet browsers. So you gota take care of that.
Zorrin
Its very cool, better than i can do right now Smile
xorcist
You should center the layout in the middle of the screen instead of having it to the left and the rest of the site is just grey. I like how it looks you should not like like a definate finish to it just have dots all around the page like you have on the top of the layout.
katieeeee
wow! i think it's beautiful!! i love it!
achene
It's ok but way to messy. It needs a lot of work, but its ok.
benjad
even if you centered the content, it would still feel very cramped.

Re-work the style sheet to take advantage of more of the screen.

And if it is supposed to be EMO, it looks to be waaay too bright.
Bengt
strokes are a bit choppy
tamilparks
but i think u can change the css styles to get a attraction