FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firewall or antivirus interferance

fionab
Evening
I am still battling to authenticate myself on my forum to allow me to access the admin panel. If I try it on a different machine it works fine what setting could be interfering?
wumingsden
fionab wrote:
Evening
I am still battling to authenticate myself on my forum to allow me to access the admin panel. If I try it on a different machine it works fine what setting could be interfering?

It wouldn't be a firewall/antivirus interferance. I'd expect it to the the cokkie settings of your browser, make sure that cookies are allowed to be set.
fionab
I have enabled cookies and cleared all old one just incase and no luck. What happens is it just goes back to the log in screen.
wumingsden
fionab wrote:
I have enabled cookies and cleared all old one just incase and no luck. What happens is it just goes back to the log in screen.

Well, when you do click on the ACP link you will be directed to a login screen where you have to enter them again. I am gathering though that you have tried entering the details again yet it sends you back to the login screen, is this correct?
fionab
Yes numerous times nad then sometimes it half loads the admin panel.
fionab
I have run the cookie mod and this is still happening. Have you got any ideas how to go aboout fixing this?