FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My desktop shortcuts have a solid color behind the names

Garethm1976
My desktop shortcuts have a solid color behind the names and it blocks my wallpaper, I have tried switching this off by doing the following

Right-click "My Computer" and choose Properties (or hold down Alt & double left-click "My Computer") to bring up the Systems Properties window.

Select the "Advanced" tab. Under "Performance" click the "Settings" button. This will bring up the Performance Options window.

Under the "Visual Options" tab, click the "Custom" radio button. You'll see a list of check boxes.

Check off the one that says, "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop". Then "Apply" or "OK" to make the change.

This did not work, I have also checked and unchecked the lock desktop icons, This has only happended since i was using Symantec pcAnywhere and it crashed on me.

Does anyone have any ideas how to rectify this, please ? Question
kiranaghor
I am facing the same problem with Win 2000 professional.
When it happens to XP I just reinstall everything . coz my xp starts giving me problems almost every three months so anyway I have to reinstall everything.
anthonygerbils
tell me about it as in the last 4-5 monts i had to reinstall 3 times and each time i had to reinstall everything and its now a pain in the ass so im using vista .... Cool but back to your problem hmmm... there is allways google ??? u tried searching that yet ??? other than that i cant say anything else as u seam to have tried the most obvious things ??
Garethm1976
Yeah I have done a search on google it just tells me the obvious things, that I have already tried, I really think Symantecs PcAnywhere has messed it up, Ah well the search continues. Thanks for all your help.