FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wine Problem (Its a program people!!)

Simulator
Hi All!

http://www.winehq.com

I have just installed Wine for my Mandriva Free Linux OS, but its not working, it will load down the bottom and then vanish! Gone Nothing, I installed it exactly how it says to on the bottle, but I must have corked it up somewhere. When I try to run it from the $ all I get is that I'm missing Winedbg, and I don't know how many times I have reinstalled it with countless numbers of RPMs...

Anyone any ideas?
ocalhoun
Wine never worked quite right for me, even though it was installed with my distro (SuSE 9.2;8.1). It only worked after I installed crossover office (paid software *shudder*), which configured it correctly for me. After that, I was able to run many simple windows programs, such as notepad, paint, solitaire, and even starcraft. Complex programs like word or photoshop wouldn't install properly, however.
Simulator
ocalhoun wrote:
Wine never worked quite right for me, even though it was installed with my distro (SuSE 9.2;8.1). It only worked after I installed crossover office (paid software *shudder*), which configured it correctly for me. After that, I was able to run many simple windows programs, such as notepad, paint, solitaire, and even starcraft. Complex programs like word or photoshop wouldn't install properly, however.

Wait wait wait wait...... You payed for something? On the internet???