FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help a Newbie!

rameshbn1
Hi all,

I just got my account activated. I logged into DirectAdmin and straightaway waded into a problem.

when I type my site name in a browser, I'm getting a default page asking me to upload files. There was a file called index.html in my public_html folder which i foud to be this default file. I tried replace this by adding a new index.html file, and it somehow doesn't work. I'm still getting the old default message.

What am I doing wrong? I know this question would seem silly, but please help me.
Confused
mathiaus
If you upload a new index.html you must overwrite the original file otherwise it will just skip it. I suggest deleting the file then creating/uploading a new one.
Your browser may also have cached the old page. Just hit F5 when on the page and see if it changes Smile
mOrpheuS
mathiaus wrote:
Your browser may also have cached the old page. Just hit F5 when on the page and see if it changes Smile

Indeed.
I see a scrolling text when I go to your site, which definitely isn't the default index.html.

Clear your browser cache and revisit the site, or force reload the page with Ctrl-F5 (Alt-F5 in Opera)
rameshbn1
You people are really superb. Thanks

I didn't even know I did not have a problem.

Embarassed
mOrpheuS
Resolved and -locked-

Please PM any staff member if you need this topic reopened.