FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need Feedback for my Site

ColdFire
After two months my site finally has some contents in it. Please visit it and comment on things like color combinations, layout, contents, etc. Im quite new to web design and would really appreciate your feedbacks.

www.ianr2982.frih.net

thanks
john01385
hey,
the site looks alright. im in a library on an 800*600 screen so the page doesnt entierly fit - not sure if you care about that but its something. quite a cool banner. only thought on that would be that the colour of the navigation links on the top are very similar to the colours of the banner - not always easy to read. personally i like the quote of the day thing. do you have that on a random basis from a database? what did you use to make the site? the copyright shared border at the bottom is quite a large font, you could make it smaller.
this may seem like a silly question but if i wanted to log into your site how would i obtain a username and password? there seems to be no contact email address... personally i wouldnt go for the colour scheme you have chosen but thats a completly personal choice. otherwise looks good. obviously i havnt looked too deep in but ah well.
keep it up
Smile
john01385
hey,
the site looks alright. im in a library on an 800*600 screen so the page doesnt entierly fit - not sure if you care about that but its something. quite a cool banner. only thought on that would be that the colour of the navigation links on the top are very similar to the colours of the banner - not always easy to read. personally i like the quote of the day thing. do you have that on a random basis from a database? what did you use to make the site? the copyright shared border at the bottom is quite a large font, you could make it smaller.
this may seem like a silly question but if i wanted to log into your site how would i obtain a username and password? there seems to be no contact email address... personally i wouldnt go for the colour scheme you have chosen but thats a completly personal choice. otherwise looks good. obviously i havnt looked too deep in but ah well.
keep it up
Smile
john01385
argh - sorry. page messed up. Sad
ColdFire
hey, thanks so much for the post Very Happy i know the color scheme is very "gay" but im really having trouble mixing colors together. most of the time it messes up the site. hahaha!!!

john01385 wrote:

only thought on that would be that the colour of the navigation links on the top are very similar to the colours of the banner - not always easy to read.

i noticed that. i intended it to easily blend in with the background image.

john01385 wrote:

personally i like the quote of the day thing. do you have that on a random basis from a database? what did you use to make the site?

yah, its from a database, it randomly displays a new quote everytime the page is refreshed. its coded in PHP.

john01385 wrote:

this may seem like a silly question but if i wanted to log into your site how would i obtain a username and password?

right now only a few close friends can log in to the "protected" areas, not that it has confidentail contents in it, its bcoz i haven't finished the script yet to record user info into the database.

thanks again. Very Happy
vonboy
it's preaty good the only things i don't like about are already mentioned, the color of the links, and the color skem (spelling?).