FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dreamweaver : The page cannot be found

Lilystock
I'm helping out a friend who is having her first experience in website creation.

It did a quick course and try to discover dreamweaver with her as I don't have it. It worked for the first page Index.html but now she doesn't seem to be able to preview her 2nd page. As I don't have dreamweaver, it is quite difficult for me to see the problem. Can somebody help ?

Here is her email
Quote:
I'm working on a different file which I've called index2.html

But when I try to preview it in dreamweaver I keep getting the message

The page cannot be found

I'm not sure what I've done as yesterday (before I connected to the server) it would just open in a new window on my computer. And this is what I want now. I don't want to load it onto the server until I've finished working on it but I want to "see" what I've done.
Any suggestions?

I've asked her to rename her file in something else than "indexXX" and it didn't solve the problem.
Now I'm asking her how she created the page (copy from the other, or new), but chance is that she won't remember Laughing

So can someone help me to help her ? Razz

She's at work now, so I have till tonight for other suggestions...
johanfh
Let her browse to the folder where Dreamweaver has saved her index2.html and let her click it from within explorer.
If she has found it like that, look closely to the filename and to the link in Index.html to index2.html because I noticed you used capitals and non-capitals. Index.html isn't the same as index.html (ok, on windows that doesn't matter to much, but in the browser it might) and index2.htm is totally different from index2.html

Succes!
JohanFH
Lilystock
Well, actually, I think she's only doing the preview on local... But I'll ask her and tell her that.

Thanks,