FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE!! PLEASE HELP!

Simulator
Firstly I'm sorry if I have spelt anything wrong here, I have been working on this all day, and I'm really tired of it, ok here we go:

I have a CMS that runs fine on the Frihost server and all that jazz, but when I put it onto a paid server with Windows Server 2003, that has the same installation of PHP and MySQL, it won't work, now there are 300 odd files in it and it won't work properly, there are no error messages, nothing in the code to suggest that there is anything wrong, it just won't run on the second paid server, I have contacted the server admin and everything and he does not know whats going on either, PLEASE HELP!!

I can't show ye the files or the site because of some copyright crap or something, so bascially:

IT RUNS FINE ON FRIHOST BUT NOT ON THE WINDOWS SERVER!

HELP PLEASE!!!before I blow my brians out
SpellcasterDX
Frihost uses Linux servers, which are different from Windows servers. Maybe that has something to do with it. I'm not sure, but I think Windows doesn't use Apache as it's engine.
hexkid
Simulator wrote:

Check $_SERVER on both servers.
They are different. Maybe your CMS uses something available on Linux and not available on Windows.

For instance, $_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED'] exists on my Linux installation but doesn't exist on my Windows installation.

Run this script on both servers and compare the results.
Code:
<?php
header('Content-Type: text/plain');
print_r($_SERVER);
?>

Then check your CMS source code for anything that might be the culprit Smile
Simulator
EDIT:
Sorry there is one server var in it and its this:

Code:
if(isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']))
    $queryString="?".$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
else
    $queryString="";

But I have looked at the phpinfo() table and both have it set to the same value no value
snowboardalliance
Nothing happens? Ummm are you using a fresh install? Or did you copy the database? Check the site you got the CMS from to see if this is a known issue. THat's all I can think of fro now. And again, you said you go to it and nothing happens? No error, just a blank page?
Simulator
Its a CMS that was built by some big shot company, and a lot of money was paid for it, and it looks like it runs fine, but none of the information gets stored when you add a quote. Its "complex" system that works out quotes and all that for products like wood or glass, by size and how much it would cost to deliv. It will do all that on the Frihost(Linux) server but not on the Windows one