FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forum admin panel authentication not working

fionab
Hi there
I have just put up a new forum on my site with the help of Craig_T - thanks. The problem I am having is that I cannot log on sucessfully it bounces out all the time and does not allow me to log onto admin panel.
Secondly - If I get someone else in South Africa to sign up they cannot see the confirmation code and when I ask some one from USA they have no problems could this be a line/ firewall issue?
Ratman2050
fionab wrote:
Hi there
I have just put up a new forum on my site with the help of Craig_T - thanks. The problem I am having is that I cannot log on sucessfully it bounces out all the time and does not allow me to log onto admin panel.
Secondly - If I get someone else in South Africa to sign up they cannot see the confirmation code and when I ask some one from USA they have no problems could this be a line/ firewall issue?

What type of forum are you running?
I had an issue when changing the theme of PHPNUKE when it does not let me log on to Adminsitration and bounces back as well.
I have a script that fixes it though.
Need more detail and will help.
fionab
Hi there
Am running the latest version of phpbb with the default. Here is the link
http://www.fabspot.frih.net/forum/
craig_t
ratman, when you view the admin panel, it doesnt go to admin index, it is on preview forum kind of thing, and when you click thing's you have to re authenticate yourself again, but you go back to the forum preview...

the board has been reinstalled, but it still does it. i think it is something on fiona's end.
Ratman2050
craig_t wrote:
ratman, when you view the admin panel, it doesnt go to admin index, it is on preview forum kind of thing, and when you click thing's you have to re authenticate yourself again, but you go back to the forum preview...

the board has been reinstalled, but it still does it. i think it is something on fiona's end.

What are you talking about? When you go to Admin Panel for Phpbb the Admin Index, is showing who is online, and a scroll thing for information.

Forum Index is the preview sort of thing buddy.

It depends on what things you click to re-authenticate yourself.

It looks as if though Fionas Website is fine.
Although I havent registered or logged in.
Delete your cookies fiona, along with cache, and history that might work.
craig_t
Ratman2050 wrote:
craig_t wrote:

What are you talking about? When you go to Admin Panel for Phpbb the Admin Index, is showing who is online, and a scroll thing for information.

it doesnt show that, its not working properly.
Ratman2050
craig_t wrote:
Ratman2050 wrote:
craig_t wrote:

it doesnt show that, its not working properly.

Oh ok now I understand you. Smile