FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Name Ideas

OsterhouseProductions
EDIT: Check out the banner for my new game

http://forums.gamemaker.nl/index.php?showtopic=176607&hl=diablo

O.k., I'm making a game kind of like diablo, but i need to come up with a name for the main bad guy. Here's what he looks like (I'm not sure which color to make him yet)

So if you have aaaaaaany ideas for a name, post it. It can be totally made up, or a name of a demon or something from somewhere else. doesnt matter. But it has to sound cool Razz
jipmerite
Is the game for PC, Mobile Phones or what?

How about Bull Horn?

Or Skull Horn?

Or The Bull?

Luscifer?

I'm really bad at this.... Embarassed
OsterhouseProductions
lol
The game is for PC. (maybe mac too? i dunno if it would work)
the last one was alrite. I'd rather have a name thats actually just a name, not like other words put together, it just sounds better.
TonkPilz
he/it looks like a belsebub witch means devil or demon in old fole lore

or ragnarök the bad guy of the viking gods speld ragnarok in eng or somting like that

random names lol

Altzor
Murgock
vampthor

lol im bad at this
rightclickscott
TonkPilz wrote:

You mean Beelzebub? It's a good name that isn't used that much, but he would have to be depicted as more of an insect. Eh, it's still a cool name, and you should use it.

I've got some original names, and I could probably think of one right now. Lets see, I've been watching FLCL more lately, and Atemisk is a cool name, so maybe a playoff of that. Or, maybe, combine that with Artemis from Greek mythology. That would come out as Artemisk, and maybe you could add your own unique twist to it!
OsterhouseProductions
lol
i dont like any of those but thats kind of what im going for Very Happy

although artemisk isnt bad, ill keep that one in mind
mongoose41
[quote="OsterhouseProductions"]lol
The game is for PC. (maybe mac too? i dunno if it would work)quote]You wish. GM only works on windows because it uses DirectX.
TonkPilz
rightclickscott wrote:
TonkPilz wrote:

You mean Beelzebub? It's a good name that isn't used that much, but he would have to be depicted as more of an insect. Eh, it's still a cool name, and you should use it.

its speling depends a bit on wher you are in the world

for exampel Belsebub comes from the bibel and means Antikrist. Lucifer, Satan, Hin håle or simply the evil one

but your cinda right it is believed it orginated from a mesopotansk (swe speling) god that protects against mosquitoes and a plage of fly's and you offer living ppl to this god by burning them and whas speld Baal-Sebub

sorry got a bit offtopic
here are a few more name

ashvomit fondlemaul

offaleye blisterhack

windbrute windcraze

i cheated i used a demon name generator for warhammer Very Happy but as you can see it whasent any good but heres a link if you feel like trying it out

http://www.paper-dragon.com/fantasyland/daemon.html
OsterhouseProductions
haha, those ones are a little...hard to pronounce. I want spmething simple and easy to say, preferably like 2 or 3 sylables. Like diablo, its a perfect length.
TonkPilz
ey i know name it after me Tonk or tonkpilz coz lets face it thers noting more evil than me Twisted Evil
OsterhouseProductions
lmao ill think about it Wink
OsterhouseProductions
Anyone else have any ideas?
hrtorrent
Here is some bad names from my country:
Sanader
Krampus
Racan
Primorac
Baba Roga
Mamic
OsterhouseProductions
Hey, some of those arent bad Smile
QrafTee
The grey one looks like a: Morius.
The green one looks like a: Graghe.
Other names include:
Katzhul
Minahri
Ombihri
Lazthul
and lastly
Michael Jackson.
OsterhouseProductions wrote:
O.k., I'm making a game kind of like diablo, but i need to come up with a name for the main bad guy. Here's what he looks like (I'm not sure which color to make him yet)

So if you have aaaaaaany ideas for a name, post it. It can be totally made up, or a name of a demon or something from somewhere else. doesnt matter. But it has to sound cool Razz
OsterhouseProductions
Well i don;t want people to get nightmares from the game so ill stay away from michael jackson. Just too scary.
OsterhouseProductions
Check out my banner at the top
Nameless
The colour of the beast would probably depend on what general 'theme' you wanted him to be... if he's some kind of underground monster, go brown. If he's a demon summoned from hell, go green. The blue eyes look a bit odd (but hey, at least their not Cliché Red!). Or just have brown AND green skin! Problem solved!

Okay, here is a guide that might help you decide on a name... (Add your own joke about my user name here)

Nameless' Guide to Fantasy Naming.

1. Decide how long you want the name to be, in letters. Generally, more important and dangerous creatures will have longer names. Minor creatures will have shorter names. The exception to this is characters or creatures that must be frequently referred to, and should not have names TOO long or you'll piss people off trying to say them regularly!

2. Slam this many fingers down on the keyboard randomly. For additional fantasy feel, add apostrophes and capitalisation randomly.

And you're done! Now you too can produce excellent and unique sounding fantasy names, such as:

Aspr'bv
Vn Sop
Psdg'rje
P'sdgeef
or even the epic Nsd'hGfmE'bga'mvn!
OsterhouseProductions
Wow, some of those are quite impressive. but personally, I'm more of a fan of ASIGUhd'n'KSiugbsdiuhBS'IDHBsdgjhndsg.
Saryon
I'd suggest OMFG11WTF!BBQ11!

I will think about some good names.
meet in rio
1. Go to http://www.beyondthename.com.
2. Type something like 'dark' or 'strong' into the 'name meaning' box (and perhaps choose 'arabic names' or 'indian names' depending in the feel of your game).
3. Choose a name from the list and contort it a little... add a few apostrophes, replace a 'k' with a 'q'; a 'c' with a 'k'.

Voila.
Fire Boar
Bad link. Your link redirects to a name meanings website.
QrafTee
Actually it redirects you to a fake ad website. These are websites that take on used-to-be-popular URLs that have expired and put fake content with a search engine which gives them a nickel everytime someone use's the search engine.

I think he meant BEHIND the name.
http://www.behindthename.com/
Fire Boar wrote:
Bad link. Your link redirects to a name meanings website.
OsterhouseProductions
Yeah, thats a pretty cool site, i put it in my favourites for if i need it again. But I've decided on the name Azael for the bad guy. What do you think?
QrafTee
Sounds too much like Izul or Azural, I don't remember where I've heard of these names, but though it's not as original in my mind, I guess it's pretty original for people who haven't heard of it before. It's your game and I say go ahead and name them whatever you want man.
OsterhouseProductions wrote:
Yeah, thats a pretty cool site, i put it in my favourites for if i need it again. But I've decided on the name Azael for the bad guy. What do you think?
SunTzu
QrafTee wrote:
Other names include:
Katzhul
Minahri
Ombihri
Lazthul

I personally like Katzhul & Lazthul...