FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best Hangover Cures

qbawler311
Ok drinkers, what are the best cures and best preventions for hangovers.
Code of Ruin
The best prevention is not drinking to much. As a cure there are several that are popular:
Make sure you have a full stomach
Drink the hangover away the morning after with one beer
A raw egg mixed with cognac (very risky because of salmonella infection risk)
Get enough fresh air after the drinking.
Take an aspirin (I hear this can be hazardous when you've been drinking to much but I don't really know for sure).
gh0stface
Headaches are caused by having a lack of water in your body. Alcohol is a diuretic, which makes you dehydrated. There isn't really known "cure" for hangovers besides not drinking.

One remedy that may prevent having a hangover is eating greasy foods before you drink. As the grease will stick to your stomach lining longer and will slow the absorption of the alcohol into your system.

The best way to rehydrate your body is to chug Gatorade before bed or when you wake up. It's the same principles when you're dehydrated when playing sports.
hunnyhiteshseth
gh0stface wrote:

One remedy that may prevent having a hangover is eating greasy foods before you drink. As the grease will stick to your stomach lining longer and will slow the absorption of the alcohol into your system.

dont you think, if their will be less absorption then the person drinking the alcohol will need more drinks to get that enjoying effect. Which means person will end up drinking more & with same headache? Think
Liu
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

dont you think, if their will be less absorption then the person drinking the alcohol will need more drinks to get that enjoying effect. Which means person will end up drinking more & with same headache? Think

You make a good point. Smile

Just sleep it off and drink lots of water. However, if you have a really bad hang over, you can force yourself to throw up to make yourself feel better. I know, it's horrible to do such a thing, but heck it makes you feel better.
qbawler311
Quote:
The best way to rehydrate your body is to chug Gatorade before bed or when you wake up.

I heard gatorade is terrible for your body when your drinking and dehydrated due to alcohol. The high sodium is bad for your liver, which is already being beat up by the alcohol. So its like kicking your liver while its down.

Has anyone ever used the new drug call 'Chaser'? If so, has it worked for you?
SainT
One beer in the morning works well Razz

I lived in -40 degrees some years ago. No life w/o vodka Very Happy
FerSx
Actually 2 alcazelzer before sleeping they do wonders, cause hangovers are stomach related felling, that’s why toes new pills 'Chaser' are good to they r for u stomach.

2 before sleeping, 2 more when wake up and you r good as new! Wink
prongs_386
i believe, don't drink too quickly, especially with spirits as the alcohol can take a bit to kick in, if your still drinking when you're all ready drunk, then you're not really gonna get any more pleasure out of it but you're gonna end up screwed the next day and that nigth. stop drinking a bit before you're fullly drunk and after a little bit, the rest of the alcohol will get in your system anyway.
i reckon drinking a fair bit of water before you goto sleep is good and also more water in the morning.
SusieSmacktard
For me, diet rockstar energy drink does the job. Maybe it's the caffiene, or the b vitamins, or some secret ingredient, but it always makes me feel better.
mschnell
I'm in China for the summer, and I don't know much about it and have never actually tried it but they say that Pu Erh tea helps with hangovers. I don't know if there's any truth to that. Has anyone else heard of this?
DopeyCriz
A bitch slap, and being thrown in a freezing pool and being laughed at.
Followed by towel slap and english breakfast.

Go outside, get your brother/mates to do a rugby tackles on you.

that certainly cured it.

Oh dear, my girlfriend is so cruel lmfao!
Davidgr1200
I agree, the best cure is not to drink too much in the first place. Anyway, like most "nice" things, it's the first one (pint) that tastes best. Better a pint a day for seven days than seven pints on the same evening: seven nice evenings and no hangovers!
kazikame
Drink a lot of water before going to sleep.
FerSx
kazikame wrote:
Drink a lot of water before going to sleep.

Yep u supposes to drink at least 6 glasses of water (recommended 10), to wash out all the alcohol in your stomach, but after all that alcohol u have drank in the neigh it will be hard to find some space for all that water, u will end up vomiting… hmm that help too in a second thought. Rolling Eyes
gh0stface
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
gh0stface wrote:

He want's a prevention, he never said the quanitity of alcohol he wants to absorb. ;o

Anyways, I found an excerpt on why eating greasy foods will help:
Quote:
While that might make it take longer to feel the alcohol's effects, it also gives the body more time to process the byproducts and will increase a drinker's chances of feeling decent in the morning.

qbawler311 wrote:
Quote:
The best way to rehydrate your body is to chug Gatorade before bed or when you wake up.

I heard gatorade is terrible for your body when your drinking and dehydrated due to alcohol. The high sodium is bad for your liver, which is already being beat up by the alcohol. So its like kicking your liver while its down.

Has anyone ever used the new drug call 'Chaser'? If so, has it worked for you?

Uh... considering an average persons daily intake of sodium which is anywhere from 3000-4000, I doubt chugging 1 bottle of Gatorade before bed Gatorade is going to hurt you. Since Gatorade only has 110mg.

The recommended sodium intake is 2400 FYI. Sodium encourages your body to retain water too.
aerialdreams
I think ibuprofen or acetaminophen should work to stop the pain, at least somewhat... Although I'm not speaking from experience, since i've never drank before...
Scotty Too Hotty
i must say that in my opinion the best way to fight a hangover, is to Drink a Tall glass of room temperature water, and take 2-3 Asprin, tylenol, adivil etc, personally i take the Advil (Ibuprofen)

Followed immediatly by sleep, but one thing about the sleep is that i cant be too long, or it has the adverse affect.
konflikt
MENUDO.

Plain and simple.

If you want to cure a hangover, go to a Mexican restaurant or taco shop and order some menudo. It works each and every time. When me and my homies get f****d up on Saturday night, the menudo on Sunday morning takes care of it right away. Try it once and tell me if I'm lying.
area547
hangovers are syptoms of two things:
1. dehydration
2. alcohol left over in your body

To deal with the first, simply drink a lot of water. Drinking water before you go to bed helps a lot. This is assuming you make a consious decision to go to bed.
To deal with the latter, either suck it up, or grind up some charcoal, mix it with water in a shot glass, and take that.
Thats the secret of the chaser pills.
Another neat trick is that charcoal will alleviate side pains.
mtoni
gheh.. I heard that a beer in the morning could help Smile although it might be bad for you, you may be cured from your headache Smile

I usually take some yoghurt and a high concentration of Brinta (some sort of cereals) -> mix it together and you have shot of calories.
I do this because it aint nice if you drink with an empty stomach.
gh0stface
area547 wrote:
hangovers are syptoms of two things:
1. dehydration
2. alcohol left over in your body

To deal with the first, simply drink a lot of water. Drinking water before you go to bed helps a lot. This is assuming you make a consious decision to go to bed.
To deal with the latter, either suck it up, or grind up some charcoal, mix it with water in a shot glass, and take that.
Thats the secret of the chaser pills.
Another neat trick is that charcoal will alleviate side pains.

I'm not sure if drinking charcoal mixed with water is such a good idea. Although I guess it depends on how much charcoal you use.

One thing I know is that charcoal IS used in alcohol poisoning case. The charcoal will absorb the alcohol and then gets pumped out of your stomach.