FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DOES SEX CONSTITUTE LOVE?

adiitya_dahunk
too many times we confuse the two what do u think?
Kaneda
I can't think of many who confuse the two, really. Noone I know, actually.

However... Does sex constitute love? Certainly not. Does sex require love? Nope. Is sex an important part of a romantic relationship? Absolutely. Is sex exclusive to your partner when you're in a longterm relationship? No question about it.

To me Smile
Devang
Yes, that's possible. and why not? If you love someone, Sex becomes a part of it. But sometimes where we mistake it we make Sex as "Heart" of love insted a "part" of love.

Everything in limit is good. Going beyond makes you bore and sometimes hurt.
Citizen Kane
I think it is completely possible to confuse sex for love. As a matter of fact, I've done it quite a couple of times.

Just F**K somebody a lot and try to see the difference then between if you love them or if they are just good in bed and you're just having a good time. Got me a little confused a couple of times. And hurt also.
tyrant
Distinguishing between sex and love is fairly easy, unless your a young kid whos exploring his physical and emotional self.

When having sex with a person you love its called passion.
When having sex with a person you don't love its called lust.

Rather then asking whether sex consitutes love, you should have asked if lust consitutes love. There are many people who have sex for the sake of having it. Some even believe it can provide miraculous cures -_-
JoeFriday
it's actually rather simple... sex is a physical act.. love is an emotion

"making love" and "having sex" are a better comparison, and are often confused.. but generally having sex is fulfilling a physical desire or need.. making love is expressing an intimate feeling in a physical way

IMO, making love is something in addition to having sex where the experience isn't about the physical pleasure, but rather the emotional connection and intimacy that two people are sharing at that moment
altikris
you can have sex with anything! it doesnt matter if its a human. now is that love? no. if your having sex with someone, it doesnt matter if your in love with them or not. its purely physical. when your in love with someone, thats when the emotional part shines out with your partner. its the greatest thing to be in love and make love to that person. its incredible. so if your having sex and you think the person is in love with you because of that......ehhhhhhhhh....your going to have to ask them, or find out if they really need you for anything else besides sex. if they need you emotionally outside the bedroom, there may be feelings brotha.
haak_heu
Kaneda wrote:
I can't think of many who confuse the two, really. Noone I know, actually.

However... Does sex constitute love? Certainly not. Does sex require love? Nope. Is sex an important part of a romantic relationship? Absolutely. Is sex exclusive to your partner when you're in a longterm relationship? No question about it.

To me Smile

what is love it is attraction ...normaly what we always call is attraction for having sex ..but we have some limitations (rules) in our mind like colour , body shape etc ..which we like , so we love that person only ....but what after
that we rush for sex ....sex is end piont for love and it is also start
fireydeviant
Short answer: no.

Long answer: I don't think I would have sex with someone without at least loving them first. Or at least liking them...
Sadow
No, I would have sex with a woman who would be attractive enough, even without love. And even if she would be a b..ch, I wouldn't care if the moment would seize me while I was hungry for it.
This might sound a bit crude, but it isn't. Sex is more physical while love is more emotional.
One can exist without the other, although they are very related.
imera
Many people confuses those two things, but then the other partner makes you belive that he/she loves you. It is quite often teens that fall for that.
wowz
sex is not love and love is not sex

i only realize now that i'm in love that in the past the people i had sex with i wasn't in love with...

sex is much better when you're in love though

i never really enjoyed it til i found love

so sex isn't always love, but it's SOOO much better when it is Wink
briancoit
wowz wrote:
i never really enjoyed it til i found love
so sex isn't always love, but it's SOOO much better when it is Wink

couldnt have said it any better myself Very Happy
Da Rossa
adiitya_dahunk wrote:

Not at all. There is sex, there is love, different things, at first. There is sex with love, and sex without love. This last one is good of course, but no comparison with the LOVELY SEX.
honestman
I think sex neither constitues love or confirms love. The both can exist separately. I think that if you like someone sex can begin to deveop the relationship further and so sex can be a pre-cursor to love.

The purists will say that it should be the other way and perhaps it should but in these daya of freedom it seldom does.

Jim
cbf-cma
Sex is a part of love, just like kissing or even a hug is an expression of love. So of course it "constitutes" love. But obviously sex doesn't always measure the love in a relationship any more than how many times you hug or kiss or say romantic stuff.

In order to sound faithful, some people like to say that "sex is meaningless", but if they really thought that was true then they would be having with sex with just about anything they could. Prostitutes are more likely to believe that sex is meaningless and therefore are more "faithful" to true love according to some strange value system. For example, just read this quote by Sadow - he seperates sex as merlely a physical urge and love as something different:

Quote:
No, I would have sex with a woman who would be attractive enough, even without love. And even if she would be a b..ch, I wouldn't care if the moment would seize me while I was hungry for it.

To me, love is a form of intimate communication that has many forms including sex, which might progress the relationship.
henrygl
yes, it is a union of the bodies. i wish i'd know what i'm talking about Smile
Bourgondier
Yes or no, I think it''s a hard question...
odinstag
I think that to some people it is love.

To some it is not.

I would nave to say that most the time it is not. But it can be a sign of love or a token of appreciation.

Some people just don't know any other way to thank others it seems.

Not love but it can be used to express it. That's my answer.

Or it can just be for fun if that's your thing I guess. We tolerate worse things IMHO. Sluts seem to be the least of the worlds problems.
schnitzi
Yes, sex constitutes love. The two are interchangable. If you have sex with someone, it means you love them. Also, if you love something, you should have sex with it. This presents a problem in some cases -- for instance, if you love baseball, or cool, crisp autumn mornings. But, as they say, love will find a way.
darth_pyro
Sex does not constitute love, but sex is required for a healthy relationship. One does not need sex to love, nor does one need love to have sex, but sexual intimacy is necessary in a healthy romantic relationship.
bluefossil
fireydeviant wrote:
Short answer: no.

Long answer: I don't think I would have sex with someone without at least loving them first. Or at least liking them...

I take it you don't drink much Smile it's a good thing.

Kids, don't drink and have sex. It's ok to drive
picsite
Ya i find the two hard to confuse....you can however, be in love and then have sex. I guess thats something different from what you're asking. Let me see if I understand your question properly, if you have sex with a person does that mean you are in love with them? IF thats what you're asking then I say NO, because you've probably heard of "one night stands" which is just sex.
siddharthlele
adiitya_dahunk wrote:

Thats a question everybody asks and no one answers...
There is a huge disconnect between the two.

1. Sex, is just, simply sex. You don't necessarily have sex with a person because you love the person. Otherwise, what would happen to One Night Stands Twisted Evil

2. Love is a feeling thats out of the world! When you are in love with a person, sex is not necessarily always on your mind.

Get the difference dudes??
moonshadowinn
Sex-a physical act
Love- an emotional feeling

So simple on paper. So hard in reality.
Do you get strange feelings when you think about the way someone looks? what happened late last night at their place? your last time in bed? sounds like lust.
Do you get strange feelings when thinking about how they act? how they make you feel? how they feel about you? must be love.
tylergram
Deleted
em0o
well, sex and love are two different concepts and sex could be a result of love or not.
Kaneda
tylergram wrote:
But I just wanted to point out that not all couples are monogamous and that sex isn't necessarily exclusive to your partner when you're in a longterm relationship.

Which was the very reason for the paragraph that said "To me Smile"... I'm monogamous, so is my girlfriend. You can't make general rules on sex or love - even if some religious people like to think so. However, there is rarely any "need for negotiation" if both parties don't agree on it in the first place. Then, in my experience, and as in your case, the monogamous party's preference should be followed.

I have yet to hear of a relationship that turned out well, where a "monogamous-at-heart" person ended up "agreeing" with the "polyamorous" - and I know - or have known - three couples so far, where it ended (very) badly. Rational negotiation can't be applied in such cases.
tylergram
Deleted
douzy
Sex on its own does not constitute love; it can be devoid of love. However, sex can also be a manifestation of love for it helps to bind two individuals together if they willingly and knowingly engage in it, in which case it's a form of intimate sharing of beings.
essentialmedia
adiitya_dahunk wrote:

I don't know anyone who would absolutely confuse the two things. Certainly younger people may feel that sex creates a bond that can be confused for love but sex and love and two entirely different things and have little to nothing to do with one another really.
moralesc
never mixed sex and love...... just kidding

i guess we can lie to ourselfs as much as we want, but the final true is always beneath those thoughts to let us know the real deal