FRIHOST ē FORUMS ē SEARCH ē FAQ ē TOS ē BLOGS ē COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Did you help?

sonam
OK I have one question because I am surprised with reaction of my friends. But, in this moment, I will not tell you what happens. Situation is looking like that.

Your friend and his wife are peoples what doing what they think is good for them. In some situation they donít listening others. 10 years ago they sold there house and gone to another country. They did not work there and they spend their time in spiritual growing.

Sometimes you are writing to your friend how life is not very easy and how he must think about future but he always reply: ďDonít worry, everything will be OK. God will think about our lifeís.Ē

Now, after 10 years money is gone and they are coming back in motherland. They finds his flat totally demolished and they havenít money for repairing. No hot water, phone, etc, and many other things are broken in this flat. They have money only for month or two for food and nothing extra. Also this flat needs goooood cleaning. They didnít ask for money but any help is good for them.

QUESTIONS:
Did you help them with something what you donít need any more (e.g. phone, bike, TV) or with few ours of working hands?

Or maybe you donít like to help and why?
RhysAndrews
I'd help them, because I feel everyone needs to be forgiven, no matter how many mistakes they make. I've been in situations where i've made a mistake over and over, and after learning my lesson i've found that it was too late, nobody forgave me for those mistakes because they've forgiven me too many times. And even though I don't deserve that forgiveness, It doesn't make it any easier to live life knowing you could have not made that mistake and gone down a happier route.

So yeah, i'd help them. Get them started again; help them get a job, let them live with me until they get a nice little apartment....

-Rhys
alkady
Well isnt that what is a friend is for? Helping another friend in need? I would help as much as I can, But not that much to make it look like an invitation for a lifetime of ungrateful freeloading. There are limits... Give them what they need and nothing more than that.
moonblade
alkady wrote:
Well isnt that what is a friend is for? Helping another friend in need? I would help as much as I can, But not that much to make it look like an invitation for a lifetime of ungrateful freeloading. There are limits... Give them what they need and nothing more than that.

Exactly. After all, they'd go to their spiritual growth journey of their own accord, nobody had forced them to do it. Generally, this is absolutely a "I told you so" moment. Hopefully they'll learn that higher powers don't tend to help the careless.

In general though, their actions are somewhat to extreme in carelessness. Almost as though they didn't know that the money has a tendency to run out, and... Well, I'm sure you had those thoughts yourself. Certainly, help to them you probably should - unless you feel you are in no way obliged to do so - but give them the necessary basics. Which is possibly actual physical assistance with rebuilding - it's quite necessary to have a decent place to live in, not to mention that physical workout is generally good for you, as well (unless you have physical work type of job already, that is)
lors
If you're their friend, you would help them. They aren't asking for money, just your time and things you have no use for. So why not help?
GProject
I have to say Yes. You wouldn't be a very good friend if you didn't really. You may think that they haven't been very responsible in both their attitude or their actions, but that's not an excuse to leave them high and dry in their time of need.

It can be hard, but people make mistakes. Help them, because I'm sure they have already learnt from this situation.
FerSx
A friend itís a person that itís always there for you, helping you pick up your mess, instead of being in your back saying ďI told you soĒ.

If I was you, sure I will give them all that thing they need that I have and donít use, will be there with them giving one hand to rebuild there house, and if there with that GOD B.S. will HIT them in the head with my other free hand, but still being there for them.
rightclickscott
It would seem like I should help, but when it comes down to it, I can't fit 2 more with me. I'd find one of my friends to take care of them, or maybe they have friends of their own. Either way, I can't help.
hunnyhiteshseth
No, I will not. It is pure stupidity to go for spirituality without fulfilling your basic needs.
The Czar
alkady wrote:

Well, like Placebo's song... A friend with weed is better ...

I will try to help them financially.
FerSx
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
No, I will not. It is pure stupidity to go for spirituality without fulfilling your basic needs.

So u will give your friends your back only because they did something stupid??? Shocked
hunnyhiteshseth
FerSx wrote:

So u will give your friends your back only because they did something stupid???

No, not because they did something stupid but because
sonam wrote:

Sometimes you are writing to your friend how life is not very easy and how he must think about future but he always reply: ?Don?t worry, everything will be OK. God will think about our life?s.?

i.e. when I was their to help them, they didnt took my advice.
OutlawSpirit
if they are a friend of mine... a friend i respect... then i will help them out no doubt...

Cool
FerSx
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

Well isnít that for what friends for?
Always giving advice that they donít hear, and then they came back asking fore help when they have the sh** to there neck?

If I loose a friend each time I donít here there advice, I sure be a lone man!

We are all humans and mistakes itís our game!
Lucifer667
Ive got a best friend, not one of the other best friends, wich are a*swh*oleS!

him ill help every time, all money and work.
all the others: "f**k your mother!"

mfg
lucy
sonam
Yes, thanks to all for posts. I am happy because I see that most of people are ready to help. And same situation is with my friends. They are helping me so much. More then I have imagination. I donít want to write here all things what they are giving to me but this is absolutely incredible. Of course some of them are not ready to help, same like hunnyhiteshseth, but on the end this is very small number of my friends. And what is best, I told to all of them how I am ready to make something same in future. Wink

Sonam
hunnyhiteshseth
FerSx wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

Well isn?t that for what friends for?
Always giving advice that they don?t hear, and then they came back asking fore help when they have the sh** to there neck?

If I loose a friend each time I don?t here there advice, I sure be a lone man!

We are all humans and mistakes it?s our game!

Yes, friends are their to help but depends on the mistake.
Taking just an example, if your friend wants to have sex with your spouse, you tell him/her thats its wrong but still s/he proceeds with his/her plans.
Will you just help him/her because they are your friends, & every human commits mistakes.
Most probably you will say no. But there may be someone who will allow it.

So, basically it depends on every person, how much he allows. For me following spirituality & ignoring basic needs is a biggest crime in itself.

@Lucifer667: I cant find mine, so I f**ked yours. Damn, she is hot. Dancing
But an advice for you: Never ever involve somebodies family members in your debate Shame on you Shame on you It is me, who is not responding much, some people will just tear you apart & that too with choicest of words.

@Sonam: Those who are not helping you are infact are helping you most. Beleive me, you are now more prone to commit same mistake again, although may be in some another manner. Medicines are always bitter.
It is my personal experience.
FerSx
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

Yes, friends are their to help but depends on the mistake.
Taking just an example, if your friend wants to have sex with your spouse, you tell him/her thats its wrong but still s/he proceeds with his/her plans.
Will you just help him/her because they are your friends, & every human commits mistakes.
Most probably you will say no. But there may be someone who will allow it.

In this case, how can you even consider him a FRIEND? If heís really your friend he should respect you as YOUR fiend.

Friendship itís a two way highway.

Quote:

So, basically it depends on every person, how much he allows. For me following spirituality & ignoring basic needs is a biggest crime in itself.

And here itís the problem (in my humble opinion) I wouldnít se the mistake but in stead just try to help my friend in need.
Maybe itís just me donít get me wrong, but all my good friend I have I know them for more than 20 years, and couldnít seat back and donít help any of them if needed; and I have one of them in England living like a hippie, and still love him and will give any thin for him, its his choice of life, cause its different of my thinking that doesnít mean his wrong (what if we are the wrong one?), as a friend I should respect his way of life, and even embracedÖ

BTW SONAM good to se you r getting back on you feetís, good luck and donít pray too much. Wink

Quote:

@Lucifer667: I cant find mine, so I f**ked yours. Damn, she is hot. Dancing
But an advice for you: Never ever involve somebodies family members in your debate Shame on you Shame on you It is me, who is not responding much, some people will just tear you apart & that too with choicest of words.

Just wana said Agreed 100%
sonam
Hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Quote:
@Sonam: Those who are not helping you are infact are helping you most. Beleive me, you are now more prone to commit same mistake again, although may be in some another manner. Medicines are always bitter.
It is my personal experience.

This is not real truth. It will be a truth if I would like to live in Croatia. But I donít like to live in Croatia. I like this country very much, but my hard are stay in India. I WANT GO BACK!!!

Now, I am a not graduate friend on ďHe/she is help meĒ or ďHe/she is not help meĒ. I am just thankful for anything, good or bad. To live here is not my choose but I cannot do anything in this moment. But, if I get any chance to go back in India, I will do that.

FerSx wrote:

Quote:
And here itís the problem (in my humble opinion) I wouldnít se the mistake but in stead just try to help my friend in need.
Maybe itís just me donít get me wrong, but all my good friend I have I know them for more than 20 years, and couldnít seat back and donít help any of them if needed; and I have one of them in England living like a hippie, and still love him and will give any thin for him, its his choice of life, cause its different of my thinking that doesnít mean his wrong (what if we are the wrong one?), as a friend I should respect his way of life, and even embracedÖ

This is real friendship. Also, my entire friends can ask me for any help (they do that many times) and I will help if I can without any doubts.

Quote:
BTW SONAM good to se you r getting back on you feetís, good luck and donít pray too much.

THANKS FerSx

Sonam