FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

500 Internal Server Error!

bstevens
Hey Guys...
This is reserved for the frihost support team. Whenever I want to pull up my url, I get the following. I am on the DirectAdmin server, and my account was just created today.

EDIT: Just in case you didn't catch it in the link before, my site is: bstevens.frih.net

-----------
<Page Title: 500 Internal Server Error>

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@bstevens.frih.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
----------

I can log into DirectAdmin fine, and I can see all of the directory structure just as it needs to be when I open file manager. It even throws the same error message when I try to open a html page I create in a sublevel directory that I know exists. Please Help! I don't know if I haven't gave you guys enough time to set it up all the way or what, but I appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks,
Brad -- N00b (<------ Yeah, I know... Its embarassing)
I can log into
craig_t
What is your website? do you mean you cant view that?... the link for it will help.

EDIT oh, it is www.bstevens.frih.net i see, it must be something to do with when it was created, i cant help you on that one, sorry, you will have to wait for an admin/mod who can look into it further than i can.
bstevens
Craig... Thanks for trying! Wink The problem still isnt resolved.... Any help from an Admin would be greatly appreciated! Thanks very much in advance! Smile

-Brad
Bondings
It was the .htaccess file causing this. I renamed it to s.htaccess (= disabled it) and your website seems to be working again now.