FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Show US how it's done, Russia...





S3nd K3ys
For at least a couple of centuries, the Soviets have been very successful and straightforeward in dealing with terrorists.

They terrorize them.

When the Islamic terrorists in Lebanon kidnapped a Soviet diplomat a couple decades ago, the Soviets delt with the problem very decisively: They kidnapped a family member of one of those responsible for the Soviet's kidnapping and sent a body part to the kidnappers, claiming more would follow if the diplomat was not promptly returned. He was.

Now the Russians are blaming the US and Iraqi governments for not being able to get their kidnapped embessy personal out of Iraq alive.

Granted, it wouldn't be as easy there as it was in the 80's, but I think the US could learn a lot from the Soviets.

If the terrorists want to play without rules, then by all means, the US should oblige them and take off the gloves.
nopaniers
It's intesting you should point out the similarities between Soviet policy and current US policy. That's one of the most perceptive things I've ever seen you say. The KGB could come and take you away in the middle of the night, and hold you without trial in violation of your human rights. They sometimes used brutal methods, like the torture, which have modern names like "external rendition" and "stress positions". In the west, security services could not do that to you. There was no KGB, and no Stasi. To be convicted of a crime you had to have a free and fair trial. That, more than anything else, was what it meant to live in freedom in the West.
Scorpio
S3nd K3ys wrote:
For at least a couple of centuries, the Soviets have been very successful and straightforeward in dealing with terrorists.

They terrorize them.

When the Islamic terrorists in Lebanon kidnapped a Soviet diplomat a couple decades ago, the Soviets delt with the problem very decisively: They kidnapped a family member of one of those responsible for the Soviet's kidnapping and sent a body part to the kidnappers, claiming more would follow if the diplomat was not promptly returned. He was.

Now the Russians are blaming the US and Iraqi governments for not being able to get their kidnapped embessy personal out of Iraq alive.

Granted, it wouldn't be as easy there as it was in the 80's, but I think the US could learn a lot from the Soviets.

If the terrorists want to play without rules, then by all means, the US should oblige them and take off the gloves.


Where is the source for this? Rolling Eyes
S3nd K3ys
scorpio wrote:


Where is the source for this? Rolling Eyes


Source for what? My opinion about how the US should start acting against terrorists?

Source for what? The way the Soviets handled their situation? I heard it on the radio or saw it on TV many many years ago. Try google.
Scorpio
S3nd K3ys wrote:
scorpio wrote:


Where is the source for this? Rolling Eyes


Source for what? My opinion about how the US should start acting against terrorists?

Source for what? The way the Soviets handled their situation? I heard it on the radio or saw it on TV many many years ago. Try google.


Nobody cares where you heard it.

This forum is to discuss NEWS. In other words, an article or news item which is credible.

To lend credibility, you need a source(like CNN or BBC) which is reliable

A source, on the other hand cannot be your mind, which is mostly unreliable and not exactly credible
S3nd K3ys
scorpio wrote:


This forum is to discuss NEWS. In other words, an article or news item which is credible.


Oh, then I guess the FACT that at least one Soviet Diplomat was kidnapped by terrorists some time in the 80's isn't credible because YOU say it's not?
S3nd K3ys
Here. I'll make it easy for you because it seems you're incapable of accepting anything not shoved down your throat by CNN.com and the BBC...

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ho/pubs/fs/5902.htm

As for reading, you'll have to do that yourself. I have to draw the line somewhere and can't be responsible for holding your hand for the rest of your life. Some day you'll have to grow up and be a responsible person, capable of making decisions on your own. Wink
nopaniers
It disagrees with you. It says there were four Soviets captured, and one killed.
S3nd K3ys
nopaniers wrote:
It disagrees with you. It says there were four Soviets captured, and one killed.


Oh.

S3nd K3ys wrote:
Oh, then I guess the FACT that at least one Soviet Diplomat was kidnapped by terrorists some time in the 80's isn't credible because YOU say it's not?


Reading and Comprehension is key.
Scorpio
S3nd K3ys wrote:
scorpio wrote:


This forum is to discuss NEWS. In other words, an article or news item which is credible.


Oh, then I guess the FACT that at least one Soviet Diplomat was kidnapped by terrorists some time in the 80's isn't credible because YOU say it's not?


Look, I am not really interested in flaming you or your topics

But, according to the "Rules" of this forum, you have to post a source, right?

A debates forum would be better for such a topic, but the admins dont seem to be taking an effort toward this.

Since you are in the world news forum, the rules state that a source is needed.


Even though a news item may be universally known to have happened, but the rules ask for a source and that is why I asked you for one.
indiagsm
hate gives birth to hate but the way the soviets worked those days was really the right way to go and solve the matter .

i think u.s is seen as the source of all evil in this world till this view of us is not changed the attacks will continue. u.s has to be seen and perceived as a strong country till this perception does not change the so called terrorrists will continue to thrive.
S3nd K3ys
scorpio wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
scorpio wrote:


This forum is to discuss NEWS. In other words, an article or news item which is credible.


Oh, then I guess the FACT that at least one Soviet Diplomat was kidnapped by terrorists some time in the 80's isn't credible because YOU say it's not?


Look, I am not really interested in flaming you or your topics


Um. Ok. That's why you do it almost every time I start a topic, right? Wink

Quote:
But, according to the "Rules" of this forum, you have to post a source, right?


Um. Ok. If that's your interpretation, perhaps you should go back and take some English classes.

Bondings wrote:
The Discuss World News forum is there to discuss about everything that happens in the world. It is NOT meant as a place where you can spam by copying and pasting articles from news sites. This will no longer be tolerated. All news stories will have to be quoted.

This is how an ideal topic should start:

1. What do you want to talk about? Rephrase the content in a few sentences and mention the most important parts of it in order for everyone to know what you are talking about.
2. (optional)Quote a part of the article or the whole article if it isn't too big. If there is no article and you just want to talk about something you heard, then summarize the story.
3. Put a link to the article under the quotation. This is quite important and certainly adds to the credibility of you story. Wink
4. Finally tell us your opinion about that news story and why you want to talk about it.

Those rules may seem overkilling, but they are needed because of the abuse. Of course your post shouldn't always be so strict. However, if you post an article, you should always quote it and give your opinion about it.


Rule 1: Adhered to.

Rule 2: Adhered to.

Rule 3: Negated by the use of Rule 2.

Rule 4: Adhered to.

Anything else Mister English Major who isn't interested in flaming me?? Rolling Eyes
sketteksalfa
The Soviets learned to play dirty after so many horrible experiences with the Chechens. It's kinda barbaric in a way, but having an iron fist gets the hell out of the terrorists. However, new terrorist are born out of the Soviets victims and they are getting more dangerous than ever. The US, in their own way, deals with it diplomatically that their strategy were being abused badly. Their resources are just eaten by terrorist to buy more arms and hire more mercenaries. Either way i dont know who should teach whom to deal with terrorist in a better way.
Billy Hill
sketteksalfa wrote:
The Soviets learned to play dirty after so many horrible experiences with the Chechens. It's kinda barbaric in a way, but having an iron fist gets the hell out of the terrorists. However, new terrorist are born out of the Soviets victims and they are getting more dangerous than ever. The US, in their own way, deals with it diplomatically that their strategy were being abused badly. Their resources are just eaten by terrorist to buy more arms and hire more mercenaries. Either way i dont know who should teach whom to deal with terrorist in a better way.


Israel would be a good teacher on how to deal with terrorists. Kidnap ONE soldier, and have a whole army unleashed on you.

How long do you think it will be before Palistines kidnap another Israeli soldier? I'm guessing they'll think twice before doing it again. If they get out of this one alive, that is. Wink
nopaniers
It was almost a full day before two more soldiers was taken... Killing those seven children really stopped the terrorism!
Billy Hill
nopaniers wrote:
It was almost a full day before two more soldiers was taken... Killing those seven children really stopped the terrorism!


Do you mean teh 2 that were taken in Lebanon?

Shocked

(slightly off topic:)

Oh, wait, got source to back up your claims?? Laughing Laughing Laughing

I can see why you catch so much flak from some members here.

It's been what, 6 years since Israel left Lebanon? Guess what? They're BAAAaaack. Wink And I'll take bets on how long before Lebanon decides to kidnap another Israeli soldier too.
S3nd K3ys
What happened to scorpio? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Its funny (funny strange, not funny haha) how it seems like, when ever the US tries to restrain Israel from taking defensive or pre-emptive action, the poop hits the ventilator and everyone around them starts starting shit.

I don't think the US will be trying to hold them back much more. With the support that so many countries over there are giving terrorists, I think it's time to let Israel take care of business the way they see fit.

I think it's time to put a clear line in the sand: Denounce terrorism or die in a fire.


Quote:
nopaniers wrote:
It was almost a full day before two more soldiers was taken... Killing those seven children really stopped the terrorism!


Yeah, by a different country. Please do keep up. (Lebanon is now figuring out just how bad of an idea that was, btw. Wink )
nopaniers
Yes, taken by Hezbollah. And yes, I have a source to back up my claims:
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,19772835-31477,00.html

In a completely disproportionate respone, Israel has now killed 35, mostly civilians.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5175160.stm
S3nd K3ys
nopaniers wrote:
Yes, taken by Hezbollah. And yes, I have a source to back up my claims:


Hezbollah = Iran = Terrorists.

Quote:
In a completely disproportionate respone, Israel has now killed 35, mostly civilians.


It's not going to stop there. And it shouldn't. These "civilians" need to step up to the plate and tell the thugs to quit their shit.

Kidnapping.

Murdering women and children.

Hiding in churches and schools.

Dressing as civillians and hiding amungst them.

All in the name of "Peace".

My ass. Rolling Eyes

It's time the entire radical islamist community is stopped, or face being erradicated.

It's time for radical islam to come out of the 12th century and live in the slightly more civilized 21st century

If you refuse to denounce terrorism, I feel you are in support of them. And that sentiment is rapidly growing.

Anything else?
nopaniers
I speak out against anyone killing civilians. There are now around 50 dead.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5178058.stm
cloudship
S3nd K3ys wrote:
For at least a couple of centuries, the Soviets have been very successful and straightforeward in dealing with terrorists.

They terrorize them.

When the Islamic terrorists in Lebanon kidnapped a Soviet diplomat a couple decades ago, the Soviets delt with the problem very decisively: They kidnapped a family member of one of those responsible for the Soviet's kidnapping and sent a body part to the kidnappers, claiming more would follow if the diplomat was not promptly returned. He was.

Now the Russians are blaming the US and Iraqi governments for not being able to get their kidnapped embessy personal out of Iraq alive.

Granted, it wouldn't be as easy there as it was in the 80's, but I think the US could learn a lot from the Soviets.

If the terrorists want to play without rules, then by all means, the US should oblige them and take off the gloves.


this is really instesting to know about. But I don't think USA will do that.
Otherwise, it is very hard for him to sell his democracy to the small and developing countries, when he just acts no different from the terrorists.
bangala
nopaniers wrote:
It's intesting you should point out the similarities between Soviet policy and current US policy. That's one of the most perceptive things I've ever seen you say. The KGB could come and take you away in the middle of the night, and hold you without trial in violation of your human rights. They sometimes used brutal methods, like the torture, which have modern names like "external rendition" and "stress positions". In the west, security services could not do that to you. There was no KGB, and no Stasi. To be convicted of a crime you had to have a free and fair trial. That, more than anything else, was what it meant to live in freedom in the West.


Well said nopaniers!!
Actually, because of these "smart" tactics of the former USSR, this country failed and collapsed and the Russians are now trying to copy the American way. Another alive example is Israel, which is still using the old Soviet way. They capture the family members of "terrorists" and demolish their houses and farms. That's why they have now more than 10,000 prisoners, and that's why they are in a constant war, and that's why they are still trying to survive. I hope they can get it before they face the same reality of the former USSR.
S3nd K3ys
bangala wrote:
that's why they are in a constant war, and that's why they are still trying to survive. I hope they can get it before they face the same reality of the former USSR.


They are in constant war because the arabs don't want them on the Holy Land. Shocked

Israel has made concession after concession to the terrorists, and the terrorists have lied again and again.

Every time the Israeli's gave in to terrorists, they were attacked again. It's high time Israel put an end to the lies and the cowardice of the terrorists hiding amungst civilians.
bangala
S3nd K3ys wrote:
bangala wrote:
that's why they are in a constant war, and that's why they are still trying to survive. I hope they can get it before they face the same reality of the former USSR.


They are in constant war because the arabs don't want them on the Holy Land. Shocked
.

Or may be because Israel don't want the Arabs in its Holy land Idea
Any way I thought this thread was not intended to discuss Israel- Arab conflict, was it?
S3nd K3ys
bangala wrote:


Or may be because Israel don't want the Arabs in its Holy land Idea


That's a great idea! Oh wait... Israel is in that land, arent' they? Laughing Laughing
SainT
Israel actually WANTS arabs on it's territory. Why the hell not??
Peaceful Arabs, of course, not Islamic Extremists.

Arabs that have no racial based problem living within Israel will only benefit.

They don't have to be Jews at all...
I can show you my ID, it doesn't say that I'm jewish, although I am.
The reason for that is because Israel accepts all religions and races, not only jews.
Plus, we have plenty of mosques and churches down here :\
bangala
S3nd K3ys wrote:
bangala wrote:


Or may be because Israel don't want the Arabs in its Holy land Idea


That's a great idea! Oh wait... Israel is in that land, arent' they? Laughing Laughing

S3: there are Arabs living in Israel (20%), West Bank (~95%) , and Gaza (100%).
S3nd K3ys
bangala wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
bangala wrote:


Or may be because Israel don't want the Arabs in its Holy land Idea


That's a great idea! Oh wait... Israel is in that land, arent' they? Laughing Laughing

S3: there are Arabs living in Israel (20%), West Bank (~95%) , and Gaza (100%).


um. Ok.





So? Confused
bangala
S3nd K3ys wrote:
bangala wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
bangala wrote:


Or may be because Israel don't want the Arabs in its Holy land Idea


That's a great idea! Oh wait... Israel is in that land, arent' they? Laughing Laughing

S3: there are Arabs living in Israel (20%), West Bank (~95%) , and Gaza (100%).


um. Ok.





So? Confused

So?!! Did you lose track of what was discussed?
Enjoy your time and have a drink!
bgillingham
I have to post this because I know that S3nd K3ys is the type of guy that loves what we're (USA) doing in Iraq....

Putin and Bush argued a couple points at the G8 summit:

Quote:
Bush: "I talked about my desire to promote institutional change in parts of the world, like Iraq where there's a free press and free religion, and I told him that a lot of people in our country would hope that Russia would do the same,"

Putin: "We certainly would not want to have the same kind of democracy that they have in Iraq, quite honestly." Taken from CNN


Bush could learn a few things from Putin - that's for sure.
S3nd K3ys
bangala wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
bangala wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
bangala wrote:


Or may be because Israel don't want the Arabs in its Holy land Idea


That's a great idea! Oh wait... Israel is in that land, arent' they? Laughing Laughing

S3: there are Arabs living in Israel (20%), West Bank (~95%) , and Gaza (100%).


um. Ok.





So? Confused

So?!! Did you lose track of what was discussed?
Enjoy your time and have a drink!


Wow. You're so wrapped up in your drivel you can't even tell the difference between a government/religion and the cultural make-up of any given population? Rolling Eyes (You might consider keeping the garage door open when you warm up your car)
nopaniers
Quote:
Putin: "We certainly would not want to have the same kind of democracy that they have in Iraq, quite honestly."


Hehehehe. Yes. I saw that too. Not very diplomatic, but I think he made his point. Smile
bangala
S3nd K3ys wrote:
bangala wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
bangala wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
bangala wrote:


Or may be because Israel don't want the Arabs in its Holy land Idea


That's a great idea! Oh wait... Israel is in that land, arent' they? Laughing Laughing

S3: there are Arabs living in Israel (20%), West Bank (~95%) , and Gaza (100%).


um. Ok.





So? Confused

So?!! Did you lose track of what was discussed?
Enjoy your time and have a drink!


Wow. You're so wrapped up in your drivel you can't even tell the difference between a government/religion and the cultural make-up of any given population? Rolling Eyes (You might consider keeping the garage door open when you warm up your car)

That's the worst thing about how this site works, some people keep flooding the forum with nonsense and spam just to get points. They write and write and copy and paste until they have no idea about what they are writing themselves.
I'm borrowing horseatingweeds's signature here: Stop typing and start reading!!!!
bgillingham
bangala wrote:
That's the worst thing about how this site works, some people keep flooding the forum with nonsense and spam just to get points. They write and write and copy and paste until they have no idea about what they are writing themselves.
I'm borrowing horseatingweeds's signature here: Stop typing and start reading!!!!


Hey bangala - you're exactly correct! I already busted that S3nd K3ys for plagiarism in one of my posts - no feedback once I busted him. This one loves to paste things - and let you assume that he typed it all in... sort of like what Coulter is accused of in her "Godless" book. Check it out in my Chemical Attacks post in our forums here.
S3nd K3ys
bgillingham wrote:
bangala wrote:
That's the worst thing about how this site works, some people keep flooding the forum with nonsense and spam just to get points. They write and write and copy and paste until they have no idea about what they are writing themselves.
I'm borrowing horseatingweeds's signature here: Stop typing and start reading!!!!


Hey bangala - you're exactly correct! I already busted that S3nd K3ys for plagiarism in one of my posts - no feedback once I busted him. This one loves to paste things - and let you assume that he typed it all in... sort of like what Coulter is accused of in her "Godless" book. Check it out in my Chemical Attacks post in our forums here.


Oh, nos!!!

I forgot to add quote tags when I put up a list so long it would take a month to write!!! And I really could have remembered all those numbers by heart! Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

OMG Ban me! Ban me!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
bangala
S3nd K3ys wrote:
bgillingham wrote:
bangala wrote:
That's the worst thing about how this site works, some people keep flooding the forum with nonsense and spam just to get points. They write and write and copy and paste until they have no idea about what they are writing themselves.
I'm borrowing horseatingweeds's signature here: Stop typing and start reading!!!!


Hey bangala - you're exactly correct! I already busted that S3nd K3ys for plagiarism in one of my posts - no feedback once I busted him. This one loves to paste things - and let you assume that he typed it all in... sort of like what Coulter is accused of in her "Godless" book. Check it out in my Chemical Attacks post in our forums here.


Oh, nos!!!

I forgot to add quote tags when I put up a list so long it would take a month to write!!! And I really could have remembered all those numbers by heart! Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

OMG Ban me! Ban me!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually you forgot so many things, because you keep typing, copying, and pasting without reading. Read more instead and start with this statement: Stop typing and start reading!!!!
S3nd K3ys
bangala wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
bgillingham wrote:
bangala wrote:
That's the worst thing about how this site works, some people keep flooding the forum with nonsense and spam just to get points. They write and write and copy and paste until they have no idea about what they are writing themselves.
I'm borrowing horseatingweeds's signature here: Stop typing and start reading!!!!


Hey bangala - you're exactly correct! I already busted that S3nd K3ys for plagiarism in one of my posts - no feedback once I busted him. This one loves to paste things - and let you assume that he typed it all in... sort of like what Coulter is accused of in her "Godless" book. Check it out in my Chemical Attacks post in our forums here.


Oh, nos!!!

I forgot to add quote tags when I put up a list so long it would take a month to write!!! And I really could have remembered all those numbers by heart! Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

OMG Ban me! Ban me!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually you forgot so many things, because you keep typing, copying, and pasting without reading. Read more instead and start with this statement: Stop typing and start reading!!!!


OMG just ban me! OMG OMG OMG I'm such a bad person!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously, I tend to not read things in HUGE or COLORED letters.

It's a clear sign that the person typing it is either outraged and/or obsessed with something besides the subject and they're not worthy of my attention. Wink

If you want to capture someone's attention, whisper
horseatingweeds
Whole Lee Sheet

Just because S3 is a little lazy doesn’t mean he is after points. For fk sake look at his purrs!

Anyway, he is a bit of a hard lined believer in proactive democracy and preemptive freedom. He also tends to bite off a little more than he can chew by posting many subjects supporting the US activities in a forum such as ours that is so disproportionately ‘anti’ American or at least ‘frustrated with’ American. His kind might seem belligerent in our comfortable times but his kind, and lets remember, are the reason we are all not speaking Russian and serving the motherland, or in a jihad against the evil Iron Curtin.
bangala
horseatingweeds wrote:

He also tends to bite off a little more than he can chew by posting many subjects supporting the US activities in a forum such as ours that is so disproportionately ‘anti’ American or at least ‘frustrated with’ American.

That's exactly the point!
Regarding the ‘anti’ American thing, remember that USA is the #1 super power, dominating earth and space. It's GDP is almost triple the 2nd ranked country. Its army is spread almost everywhere around the globe and involved in almost all conflicts and disputes. So what do you expect? It's very much natural to see anti American threads in this forum and others. It's unrealistic to be anti-USSR (already collapsed) and funny to be anti-Spain or Italy. If this forum existed 60 years ago, you'd probably feel it's anti-UK.
Any way in our culture, there's a famous say: "People through stones only on fruity trees."
horseatingweeds wrote:

His kind might seem belligerent in our comfortable times but his kind, and lets remember, are the reason we are all not speaking Russian and serving the motherland, or in a jihad against the evil Iron Curtin.

Sorry I dissagree! His kind only frustrate people and give a bad example about Americans, whom I know are very kind and frindly.
nopaniers
I agree. Americans are not bad people, but hardliners like SendKeys give them a bad name.

And if he is a believer in democracy why is he supporting the destruction of a democracy, and why is he supporting undemocratic methods to do that? So much for supporting democracy. No. He is blindly supporting Israel, and would do so no matter what type of government Lebanon had. He is not supporting democracy.
bgillingham
bangala wrote:
horseatingweeds wrote:

He also tends to bite off a little more than he can chew by posting many subjects supporting the US activities in a forum such as ours that is so disproportionately ‘anti’ American or at least ‘frustrated with’ American.

That's exactly the point!
Regarding the ‘anti’ American thing, remember that USA is the #1 super power, dominating earth and space. It's GDP is almost triple the 2nd ranked country.
USA has GDP near 10 Trillion, and according to a recent China daily report, China had near 9.5 Trillion GDP. China's GDP Approaches USA's. We only have billions of dollars of debt to China... we're not super for long - that's all. Perhaps - before Bush ruined our economy, we could boast a double GDP of others, but not now.
myspace
This hate between the two neighbors needs to stop already!
Its just stupid and old.

Peace!
S3nd K3ys
nopaniers wrote:

And if he is a believer in democracy why is he supporting the destruction of a democracy, and why is he supporting undemocratic methods to do that? So much for supporting democracy. No. He is blindly supporting Israel, and would do so no matter what type of government Lebanon had. He is not supporting democracy.


I am supporting the destruction of terrorism. Not democracy.

I don't expect you to be of sufficient cognent ability to understand that, though.

I'm an American, and IMNSHO, terrorist is wrong and should be removed.

If Lebanon, as a government, could control what was happening inside it's own country, this wouldn't be a problem. I would support them if they were trying to get rid of the terrorists that run that country. But they're not.

Yes, Hesbollah is controlling that country. Therefore they need to be removed, because they are terrorists. They are hiding rockets in mosques and homes, and hiding amung the civilians because they know they will be destroyed if they don't.

Same for Hamas. They were voted in, right? That doesn't mean shit if they still perform terrorist activities, like they have been. A terrorist democracy is still terroristic.




LoL, "Bush ruined our economy" LoL Laughing
polarBear
Showing your sustained love to terrorists like mr. Posada Carriles, responsible for bombing two airplanes, doesn't actually help your agument, s3. As 99% of what you ever say.
S3nd K3ys
polarBear wrote:
Showing your sustained love to terrorists like mr. Posada Carriles, responsible for bombing two airplanes, doesn't actually help your agument, s3. As 99% of what you ever say.


Just because you can't comprehend 99% of what I can see doesn't have to mean you're stupid, it might just mean you're ignorant. Wink
Tiger
A small point here - the Soviets are gone and now it's just Russia again, or more correctly - the Russian Federation.

In the Soviet period, they didn't allow much to stand in their way. Modern Russia ususally also takes a hard stand against terrorists, but they have still softened a little in some areas.

The original post was about taking a stand against terrorism in a hardline fashion.

Let's be honest here. Terrorism is extreme and always will be. Once a nation takes military action against terrorists, the result is a lot of blood and violence. If they don't take action, the result is blood and violence, and a fearful population who are forced to restrict their lives in some way.

Terrorism is wrong and always will be.

Saying that Israel's rection to the kidnapping of its soldiers was extreme is too simplistic a view. Any action against a country's army may be considered a hostile act at least and possibly a declaration of war.

Entering a foreign country in a military uniform may be considered an act of hostility. Entering a country with a view to violent action against its population (military or civilian) is an act of war.

Should any country respond to such threats with military action, that would be normal. For example, if a bunch of North Korean soldiers entered Japan in uniform without the proper authorization, that would be a hostlie act. If they got shot and killed, that would be normal. If it happened again and war was declared, that would be normal. If a bunch of American soldiers in uniform entered Cuba, that would be a hostile act and could lead to war.

In the case of Israel's recent response to the kidnapping of their soldiers, they had no alternative. Allowing such things to happen would show them to be a weak and defenceless nation. Taking military action shows they are prepared to defend themselves.

The diplomatic soultions have been exhausted more than once, and still they are under attack. Why? Because a small group of people want Israel's land no matter what, and they are prepared to do anything to get it, even murder inncoent civilians.

They are not interested in the diplomatic solutions. They even hide behind women and children, and when the women and children are injured or killed they point fingers at those who are simply responding to protect themselves.

In World War II many civilians were killed in the war. The British and Americans and the Soviets also killed civilians, not just the Nazi Germans. These things happen in war. While most of us would wish for peace and hope that we could all live in peace, there will always be those who prefer conflict, and so conflict is what we have.
horseatingweeds
Well said Tiger.
S3nd K3ys
horseatingweeds wrote:
Well said Tiger.


And will go largly un-noticed by the terrorist supporters here. Wink
horseatingweeds
S3nd K3ys wrote:
horseatingweeds wrote:

Well said Tiger.



And will go largly un-noticed by the terrorist supporters here. Wink


Stop being ignorant and ignoring facts and supporting Israel blindly!!!

You’re a terrorist! Your terrorizing Frihost!

Laughing
tadssa
S3nd K3ys : are you drunk once again ?
where do u bring these ideas from? lol
i just want to reply , then i discovred that the post is yours !!! lol
bgillingham
This thread is dead. No news has been added recently - now it has become a debate over terrorists.

S3ndKeys loves to use names like "ignorant" and "terrorist". His job is to spread hatred. He is working for Bush - to make the war needlessly continue. If you feel like his bully posts actually win debates, all you have to do is look at the majority of posts - by other people for their content. He usually stands alone in most topics.

If you follow this line to its logical end, you will have to kill nearly all arabs - as well as all of those sympathetic to their beliefs - before you'd achieve peace this way.

Jesus would certainly not spread hatred and use labels like "terrorists". He'd probably find some way to reach out to the benevolent side of them... it's either that or he'd get his other cheek slapped.
Related topics
Chappelle's Show is 'Done' , says Murphy says
how many visitors you get per day ?
show us your tabs!
Not Voting is Reasonable for People Who Want Freedom
Can anyone make sense of AdSense to me...
science vs. religion
What has your cat done for you lately?
the 9/11 truth
ALIENS AND UFOs
any ideas for a movie club?
Macbeth Ebook
Donald Rumsfeld Resigned
Show your films
Google Earth - show us where you live!
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.