FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Pages sometimes not loading





FreeBay
Hello,

Sometimes my pages dont load even though this forum still works and I can still ping my address. The pages start working again in <1min when this happens. It happens around 10 times a day. I have my own domain.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it the server or my domain problem?
brevity
it is the server. Apparently apache has been doing some weird things lately.
Ratman2050
FreeBay wrote:
Hello,

Sometimes my pages dont load even though this forum still works and I can still ping my address. The pages start working again in <1min when this happens. It happens around 10 times a day. I have my own domain.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it the server or my domain problem?


Apparently you havent read aroudn the forums.
There is a topic here on that problem
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-43750.html
Once again please read around. Apaceh should be back up now
craig_t
its my topic so dont say i havn't read it lol... my forum is still not loading sometimes. couls this be looked into further?
Ratman2050
craig_t wrote:
its my topic so dont say i havn't read it lol... my forum is still not loading sometimes. couls this be looked into further?


What do you mean? I never said you didnt read it. I was talking to Freebay

My pages dont load at times today either, its just the whole server down problem I think. Fully fixing might take a while I suppose?
Marston
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-43585.html
wumingsden
FreeBay wrote:
Hello,

Sometimes my pages dont load even though this forum still works and I can still ping my address. The pages start working again in <1min when this happens. It happens around 10 times a day. I have my own domain.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it the server or my domain problem?


This forum and your hosting account are on different servers, frihost is on server1 (which has cPanel) and your hosting account is on server2 (which is the DirectAdmin Panel).

This small amount of downtime happens because apache restarts (I believe every 2 hours now). This has the possibility of making your site in-accessable for up to 1 minute every 2 hours
photon
Quote:
This small amount of downtime happens because apache restarts (I believe every 2 hours now). This has the possibility of making your site in-accessable for up to 1 minute every 2 hours


actually it happens to me a lot frequently than that. every 20mins or so, the site is not accessible for 10-15 sec (apache i mean, directadmin works fine during the same time). its a minor annoyance, and nothing serious. as long as nothing serious happens im not complaining Smile
Bondings
I'm trying to fix it, but because I didn't find the cause of it yet it might take a while.
Related topics
*OFFICIAL* Which Browser do you use?
CPU and memory usage
IE not working
Server Timeouts ~ lots of 'em
AJAX tutorial [2nd part now updated]
Yeah my account is up
Running video on LCD monitor using both DVI-D and VGA.
directadmin WTF?!
Use E-bay Ads, which have products the users here want.
website timing out
Software download site improvements
my site
Recent downtime...?
my website is down while servers are up???
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.