FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gaming System

LivinBeyondDeath
What system do you guys like best? And why?

• PS1
  • PS2
  • Xbox
  • Xbox360
  • N64
  • Gamecube
  • PC
  • Mac
  • Anything else that I may have forgotten

I would persoanlly myself go with the PC, because not only does it have one of the best and most populare games (Counter-Strike) but also because you can do much more and its been out for longer Smile.. Plus you can cheat online lol (I never do that though) Razz
Hojo
you cant really consider PC and Mac as consoles since they are computers. on computers you can have all kinds of emulatoers where you can play console games, tho that is usually illegal.

my favorite console would be PS2, mostly because you can play ps1 and ps2 games on there, and out of all the consoles it has the most games that appeal to me.

if i had to choose between PC and PS2 id choose the PC anyday, for obvious reasons.
rayx
PC is not a console. If i will choose a game console i'll go for Playstation 3. I only choose PC if my Computer have the same specification as PS3 and if all the games on PS3 have also a PC version !
SilverDogg
how can you choose ps3 when its a couple of months away?

"yeah, i think xbox720 is the best console out there!" -_-

the nes is the best console ever, followed closely by the snes.
rightclickscott
Yeah, you can't really choose consoles that aren't out yet, or computers. It's just something you can't do, because noone here knows if the PS3 is just going to suck completely and be a total waste of money. Not until anyone gets the chance to play it.

I don't mean the version at E3 either. Just because I got a testimonial about how it just felt like the PS2 with better graphics by one Shawn Handyside, that doesn't mean I can judge it already.
TonkPilz
consoles to day are more computer than what a console used to be espesialy the xbox'es and the upcoming ps3

so out of spite im gona go whit the comp on this one Razz
LivinBeyondDeath
Well in that case lol xbox, xbox 360, ps1, and ps2 rnt consoles because ppl hack em and you can use emulators on them too.. lol I have ps1 emulator on my xbox, and a PC emulator on my ps2 (I dont have the PS2 ne more)

edit: I chose ps3 because there are beta testers out there, even though its like 0.001% chance or running into them, and also incase ppl read this topic in months to come Smile. Plus I was dead tired and wasnt thinkin lol..
cghq
yeh PC isnt really a console but it still my favourite to play games on..... Its so much better, by things like updates to games, mods, patches, add-ons etc. no other consoles have any where near the amount the of ways to change a game around
rayx
SilverDogg wrote:
how can you choose ps3 when its a couple of months away?

the nes is the best console ever, followed closely by the snes.

It means that i get one if it is already out on the market ! LOL ! Laughing
I don't really know how to use X-BOX because it is not that popular in our country.

And. . .
"How can you choose XBOX720 if it is not existed yet ! ! ! ?"
charseips
Personally I think I would have to go for the Sega Megadrive a console on which I can re-live the arcade fun. It's basically a nostalgia trip a bit like the NES and SNES for those who started off on them, but I began with the Master System. We all make our choices in life.
GProject
What about the Gamecube? Why is it missing from the list - you've got the N64 on there? Also, PS3 should be excluded for obvious reasons.

I own an N64, and actually think it is a fantastic console - very underrated when you consider the 'fandom' that surrounds the Playstation range. I bought a second-hand Gamecube quite recently, and I've been enjoying a bit of the newest Mario & Zelda games (Sunshine & Windmaker, respectively). It's a good console, and very cheap to buy right now!
LivinBeyondDeath
Sorry, lol I knew I forgot alot of things, I knew the main one gamecube I forgot, but If i did list em all like from the Atari to the Xbox360 lol thats ALOT of systems =/. Lol i should change it to gaming system Razz sorry that I did not
linkman2004
Definitely the GameCube. Mainly because it has games like Super Smash Bros. Melee, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, etc.. Not to mention the absolutely perfect controller that just slips into your hands. Sweet justice. Razz
Whong
linkman2004 wrote:
Definitely the GameCube. Mainly because it has games like Super Smash Bros. Melee, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, etc.. Not to mention the absolutely perfect controller that just slips into your hands. Sweet justice. Razz

I myself have the same reasons as linkman2004 as to choosing GameCube!
Fire Boar
Whong wrote:
linkman2004 wrote:

I myself have the same reasons as linkman2004 as to choosing GameCube!

Me too. Then there's Fire Emblem: Path of Radience to add to that list, the slightly surreal Baten Kaitos and more!
faker_phil
rayx wrote:
SilverDogg wrote:
And. . .
"How can you choose XBOX720 if it is not existed yet ! ! ! ?"

That was a sarcastic remark, not to be taken literally.
vonboy
my favorite is the DS. i love the games on it so far, and the ones coming out later this year realy promising. i also like the portabilitie part of it, and the touch screen and other stuff.
LivinBeyondDeath
I want to try the 360 but I cant afford it right now! And by the time I will be able to the PS3 will be out and ill want that instead, or be confused between the two lol so im stuck as to which one to pick, I guess ill have to wait and see which one looks better.

Personally I think the PS3 will be better then the xbox. The xbox has so many flaws that ive seen and discovered. Microsoft should have kept it for another 6 months and fixed all of them. Some of these flaws are freezing on certien 360 versions of the dashboard. Scratching of the disk when system is tilted and other problems.

Plus they also geer the system to playing online. I would love to do that but my dad will not let me hook it up to his cable internet. So thats the other main reason I disaprove of it. What do you all think about it? I could be wrong, If i am please corret me lol
jkh13
I thought the Dreamcast was the best console for its time, it was short lived but had some of the best games ever on it. Soul Calibur (which scored 10/10 marks on IGN, Gamespot, EGM review), SF rush 2049, Sonic Adventures, DOA2, Shemnue and Phantasy star online amongst others, it was also predicted that the dreamcast hardware could have actually had better graphics than the ps2 if used to its maximum potential.

If including the pc, I would choose pc though as it is just so much better using my kb/m than a game controller.
izimngcubes15
I must say Nintendo Gamecube, even if no one sees it, GCN has the best family games and it's really fun, you never get tired of it, like you do with GTA.
rightclickscott
jkh13 wrote:
I thought the Dreamcast was the best console for its time, it was short lived but had some of the best games ever on it. Soul Calibur (which scored 10/10 marks on IGN, Gamespot, EGM review), SF rush 2049, Sonic Adventures, DOA2, Shemnue and Phantasy star online amongst others, it was also predicted that the dreamcast hardware could have actually had better graphics than the ps2 if used to its maximum potential.

If including the pc, I would choose pc though as it is just so much better using my kb/m than a game controller.

I completely agree with you. The Dreamcast is a freaking legend at this point. If it weren't for the rumors that the Dreamcast was going to stop being manufactured, then Sega would have continued being a gaming juggernaut.
Monkeydog
1)SNES - Love the old school gaming, Chrono Trigger and Earthbound. <3
2)GBA - It's like a portable SNES! Well...not really...2D FOR EVER!!!
3)Genesis - SEGA!!!
4)PS2 - If only because I can play my favourite PSX games and Katamari...if it wasn't for the backwardsness, it'd be much lower.
5)DS - Warioware Touched is so awesome... >.>
6)PSX - yay for BoFIV!
7)N64 - Starfox 64 and Blastcorps? Hell yes. N64 games have aged HORRIBLY though.
8)NES - Never was too into the NES, but...it has the classics.
9)GCN - Despite my love for Nintendo, the GCN was a huge let down...but it has Animal Crossing and ToS, so it ain't that bad.
10)Xbox - ewwie Xbox...a...well...it had KOTOR, best Star Wars game ever.

and I never owned anything else...I think.
bimbel
I think PC is the best "Platform" because of it's diversity you can run emulators on it to copy existing platforms and you have the internet ^^

Also playing game is mostly easier with mouse and keyboard!
Monkeydog
Playing any console game with a keyboard and mouse totally sucks.

but...the PC is really good, yeah...