FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Vista-What will Gates say and remove?

ZeFiR
At the beginning Microsoft said that in Vista there will be new databased filesystem and 3D appearasnce. But later Microsoft said that these features won't be present in the official non-beta version. Your suggestions?
Ikthar
I don't have any suggestions, but I think that it's result of a bad planning. Microsoft should know your own limits, instead of promising everything for Vista. They should make real predictions and stick to them, then, if a new feature could be implemented, they implement it. It's way better to make more features than you promise then make less features...
Nyizsa
I think it's part of their advertisement policy. Promise all the stars in the sky and then sell DOS again in an other colorful clownsuit.
Zuwiki
They seem to do that with most of their products. Although, to their largest targeted market (People who think Windows is the only operating system in existance AND barely know how to use it), a pretty GUI is all that matters.

Althought the part where they didn't give the promised 3d GUI is surprising. You'd think with the above statement, it would've been their top priority! Laughing

Just kidding. I'm not big on M$, so sorry if you work for them or love them or something and are offended. Microsoft sucks!
Darius
Well Gates will soon resign from his post (at least i heard on the new). Though he will be helping some time new directors to get used to new posts. Still i hope this chage will bring some positive things to Windows Series and stop that "New mega windows, with super cool shiny toolbars" crap
Hughesy
Gates is after more and more money, pretty soon he will be knocked off his throne and he knows that.

On topic, vista looks to be more advanced then any other operating system but most of it is just effects, although I am liking the thought of virtual space so that you can use a memory pen to add more to your virtual memory.