FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[Official][Apache Now Running] - Server 2 Down

craig_t
Start Edit by wumingsden:

Apache is now running smoothly on Server 2, we are sorry for the inconvenience that it may have caused you

This thread is now locked. Please do not open up another one on the subject. Apache is down but it will be back up as soon as possible. You may want to read this to understand the problem and the upcoming solution. Thanl you all for being so patient.

End Edit by wumingsden

Hi, my forum wont load, whats rong?
the link is: http://www.thecomputerhideout.frih.net/forum/index.php

original title changed, it was "website wont load."
Jaiye
yeah, mine's down also.
ranzon
craig_t wrote:
Hi, my forum wont load, whats rong?
the link is: http://www.thecomputerhideout.frih.net/forum/index.php

uhm.. my server is down too.. mabe whole server 2 is down?? or both.. or just the domain server because when i uses direct ip to the directadmin page i comes in..
brevity
are you guys on server 2? I am, and I can't access my site either. A couple hours ago it was fine, but now nothing. It's been pretty touch and go lately, wonder what's happening?
ranzon
i'm on server 2.. my site went down for about 5-10 mins ago
craig_t
must be server 2 then? or is server 1 down also?
ranzon
craig_t wrote:
must be server 2 then? or is server 1 down also?

i don't know.... someone know someone on server 1 or have server one here?? i don't know anybody on server 1

DirecAdmin wrote:
Apache 1.3.34 *** Stopped ***
Jaiye
i'm on the direct admin server (dunno if its 1 or 2) but my site's been down since about half hour ago.
BugBear
If you read the other posts they are saying that apache is restarting every 15 mins so that http (port 80) isn't working ...... ftp works tho

This is on server 2 by the way Wink
brevity
It would have to be the DNS then, if you can still get to the server by IP.

I just pinged retardedwizard.frih.net and tried the IP... it pinged fine, and the IP works. Yep, gotta be the name server.
BugBear
brevity wrote:

I just pinged retardedwizard.frih.net and tried the IP... it pinged fine, and the IP works. Yep, gotta be the name server.

no because i can access my site via ftp://destinedpures.frih.net but not http://destinedpures.frih.net

Razz
KMKM
Lets pray it gets fixed soon... i dont like down times much Razz

Kudos!
~KMKM
brevity
BugBear wrote:
If you read the other posts they are saying that apache is restarting every 15 mins so that http (port 80) isn't working ...... ftp works tho

This is on server 2 by the way Wink

Or, yeah. That would make sense if apache is restarting... because we can get to the machine, but not the web host.

hmmmm. It's hard to make sense and keep up with everybody posting at once!
ranzon
BugBear wrote:
brevity wrote:

no because i can access my site via ftp://destinedpures.frih.net but not http://destinedpures.frih.net

Razz

if you read in the directadin -> Server Information so you will see that the apache server is down on server 2.
Jaiye
ranzon wrote:
BugBear wrote:
brevity wrote:

Razz

if you read in the directadin -> Server Information so you will see that the apache server is down on server 2.

i don't even have access to my directadmin
craig_t
you can acces it by using http://216.32.85.170:2222/
brevity
Jaiye wrote:
i don't even have access to my directadmin

sure you do. http://216.32.85.170:2222

Server Information wrote:
Name Value
Processor Name AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+
Vendor ID AuthenticAMD
Processor Speed (MHz) 1791.754
Total Memory 1019240 kB
Free Memory 318752 kB
Total Swap Memory 1052248 kB
Free Swap Memory 933200 kB
System Uptime 30 Days, 6 Hours and 42 Minutes
Apache 1.3.34 *** Stopped ***
DirectAdmin 1.27.3 Running
Exim 4.60 Running
MySQL 4.0.23 Running
Named 9.2.2 Running
ProFTPd 1.2.9 Running
sshd Running
vm-Pop3d 1.1.7e Running
Jaiye
oh...

/noob
wumingsden
Currently apache on Server 2 (which has the DirectAdmin Panel) is down. We are trying our hardest to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Server 1 (which has cPanel) is running smoothly.
Nigeria
i can access my directadmin but is there any way i can view my site? i have updates to make and fans for the people i have websites about visit the sites often i cant have them not working.Is there anyway to be switched to server one?
ninjakannon
The server's gone down! It's been down for over 30 minuites now and I was just about to post something on the forum on my site. So now I've had the post a reply page open for half an hour! Evil or Very Mad
brevity
Nigeria wrote:
i can access my server but is there any way i can view my site? this problem needs to be fixed by tonight i have updates to make and fans for the people i have websites about visit the sites often i cant have them not working.

...ahem. FREE webhosting. They're working on it, man. Beggars can't be choosers, my friend.

Here's how apache works: All files you see through port 80 (default web browser port) in your website directory (public_html) are shown by a program called Apache.

this means if apache is not running, no files in the public_html are available. Period.
brevity
wumingsden wrote:
Currently apache on Server 2 (which has the DirectAdmin Panel) is down. We are trying our hardest to get it fixed as soon as possible.

That brings me to a question... does frihost run it's own servers, or do you sublet servers? if Frihost actually runs the servers, why not just restart server 2?
craig_t
does anyone know why this happend?
Panthrowzay
dual point there we just have to wait. But I was in the middle of making a important code based discovery!
brevity
Panthrowzay wrote:
dual point there we just have to wait. But I was in the middle of making a important code based discovery!

understandable. I was in the middle of tweaking my adsense stuff. But, hey... it'll be back. So, in the meantime, I'm looking up other stuff. It's not the end of the world.
Panthrowzay
the server is not completely down, Mozilla FireFox extention Fireftp can grab and place files and log me in easy, so what is the REAL issuse?
craig_t
everyone can connect VIA FTP but they can not view their site because

Quote:

Here's how apache works: All files you see through port 80 (default web browser port) in your website directory (public_html) are shown by a program called Apache.

this means if apache is not running, no files in the public_html are available. Period.
wumingsden
brevity wrote:

That brings me to a question... does frihost run it's own servers, or do you sublet servers? if Frihost actually runs the servers, why not just restart server 2?

The servers are located in America, Bondings is located in Belgium. Only the Tech Guys in America and Bondings has access to the Servers.

There are two possibilites:

• Bondings and/or the Tech Guys have noticed the problem and are fixing it

• Bondings and/or the Tech Guys haven't noticed the problem yet

craig_t wrote:
does anyone know why this happend?

Rolling Eyes I personally know nothing about Servers.

Nigeria wrote:
i can access my directadmin but is there any way i can view my site? i have updates to make and fans for the people i have websites about visit the sites often i cant have them not working.Is there anyway to be switched to server one?

No, there is no way that you can view your site, you can however still work on it through your DirectAdmin Panel, so if there's any changes that need to be made or if you finally feel like creating some certain page then you should busy yourself with this. There is no possibilty for you to be moved over to server 1 just like everyone else currently hosted on server 2. Remember that the FriHost forums are hosted on Server 1 and if these are down then the whole of FriHost is down, which will not be good. For this reason (and probably a number of others) no-one will be moved to a different server.

To all:

Please take into consideration that everyone hosted on Server 2 are currently having this problem, not just yourself. I however have every confidence that the problem will be fixed as soon as possible. More than likely apache will just need to be manually rebooted.

Quote:
This means if apache is not running, no files in the public_html are available.
Nigeria
hopefullyit will be working by tonight so i can upload my screencaps from the 4400.this is the first problem that has occurred since i was approved so it's not so bad.there is bound to be one problem at some time or another.
hsadmin
brevity wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

if you restart server 2, all of it, not just apache, won't the erase all of our files?
brevity
hsadmin wrote:
brevity wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

if you restart server 2, all of it, not just apache, won't the erase all of our files?

This is how a server works: A server is actually a computer, just like yours (usually running some flavor of linux, though) that people can have accounts on. That's where the usr/bin/perl and usr/home/yourdomain come in... that's how the linux directory structure works. So if you consider that all these files are stored on a computer (with real hard drives) somewhere, then you realize that it's just like rebooting the computer you're sitting at. The files don't erase just because you've rebooted, it just restarts every process running.
wumingsden
-locked- The problem will be fixed as soon as possible. Please do not stress out about your files, they will be safe, remember that you can login to DirectAdmin.