FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Playstation Portable site. TodayStation.





puredazzle
Hello.
I'm going to start a homepage about PSP. Its going to contain reviews of games and some short news that everyone can post. I have worked out a design... but I should need some help with:

programing the site and if someone are willing to write with me and me friend for the site.

here is the design:


its super simple, I know... but less is more. haha. would be nice with some coments.
SamiTheBerber
Nice layout. Like you said, page is very simple and simple is good for that page. It would be nice if site is so high and reading stories would have own scroll. Then it would match to smaller resolutions too. PSP is also small so why fan-site would be huge? Great idea and I hope for PSP users that you will have somebody to make that. ( I don't have time, because I go today to army Sad )
uslhoops
The layout is nice, One thing about designing it must be bright and neat .
dray101
Not bad... not bad...

What will the other pages look like and contain?

How do you plan on laying out the site in general?

I think you need to give people more of an idea (of what it will be like) before they can properly decided whiter to help create it or not.
puredazzle
thanks! for all the nice comments!

dray101 wrote:
Not bad... not bad...

What will the other pages look like and contain?

How do you plan on laying out the site in general?

I think you need to give people more of an idea (of what it will be like) before they can properly decided whiter to help create it or not.


ok... my plan is that the long stories (reviews and that sort of things) will come in an pop-up when you click on them. and I would like to have an interface so all the writers just can login and submit there articles direct on the site (maybe PHP or ASP will be good here).

the 3 latest articles will be shown on the main page with an little image. And when you click on the archive-button you will go to an side where all the archived articles are. Just simple table or something.

And thats just it. Hope you understand me.

If you got any further questions please ask!
dray101
puredazzle wrote:
And thats just it. Hope you understand me.

If you got any further questions please ask!

Cool, now I understand better Laughing

Why don't you split up the reviews and the news?
You should have a links section linking to other PSP sites and to places you can buy them and the games for them.

Ohhhh and a section or a links section for game guides, cheats, hints etc. Wink
puredazzle
dray101 wrote:
puredazzle wrote:
And thats just it. Hope you understand me.

If you got any further questions please ask!

Cool, now I understand better Laughing

Why don't you split up the reviews and the news?
You should have a links section linking to other PSP sites and to places you can buy them and the games for them.

Ohhhh and a section or a links section for game guides, cheats, hints etc. Wink


haha. ok!

i have split 'em up. on the left side you see all the latest short news. and then the bigger things like articles and other stuff you see on the right side with an image.

ah thanks for the tips! that would be great!

please come with more comments. and if someone will help me with the site?

can you program PHP well drey101?
dray101
puredazzle wrote:
can you program PHP well drey101?

its dray or dray101 Cool

and to be honest no. I haven't been making websites for long and only know basic HTML, JavaScript, PHP.

I don't think my site's too bad though... have a look, its www.drays-stuff.frih.net
puredazzle
ah ok. sorry about the name, dray101.

ah, nice site.
Donutey
Two improvements on the excellent minimalist design:

The 01. Contact 02 Newsletter... links need to have a higher contrast between the background and text, because you can barely see them (white on light grey)

Also, I'm not sure what the elk has to do with, but if you had a graphic of a PSP it would be instantly obvious to the user what your site was about.

Good Luck!
puredazzle
Donutey wrote:
Two improvements on the excellent minimalist design:

The 01. Contact 02 Newsletter... links need to have a higher contrast between the background and text, because you can barely see them (white on light grey)

Also, I'm not sure what the elk has to do with, but if you had a graphic of a PSP it would be instantly obvious to the user what your site was about.

Good Luck!


ah... I thought that they would be light blue when you hooverd them. but I will look over that!

haha. thats true, but it was hard to find a great PSP graphic to use. But I will look a little futher in to that.

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Anyone interesting in coding and maybe writing for the site?
Related topics
PlayStation Portable
Playstation Protable(PSP)
A NEW SECTION, come BONDINGS!!!
Playstation
Which linux is the best for a new user?
PS3
Adriano for PES 6
waar halen jullie je inspiratie voor een site
The Best Products of each year
PSP
what should i buy ?
PSP - PlayStation Portable
How many UMDs do you own.
Socom 3, PS2 Online game
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Webmaster and Internet -> Design Tips

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.