FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Configuring Multiple Home Pages in Firefox

babumuchhala

If there’s more than one site you always visit after starting up Firefox, you can set your homepage to open several tabs of different web sites at once automatically.

From Firefox’s Tools menu, Options, General, enter the addresses of sites separated by a pipe | as shown above. Or, you can open up all the sites in tabs and hit the “Use Current Pages” button

Source: My Blog
steveadams617
Thanks. That works great. It's a shame the Firefox people don't make that a little more user-friendly. Many people can't even find a pipe on their keyboard. It's on the same key with the backslash if anyone still hasn't found it.

How did you figure that trick out?
Ikthar
steveadams617 wrote:
Many people can't even find a pipe on their keyboard. It's on the same key with the backslash if anyone still hasn't found it.

It depends on the keyboard layout... Rolling Eyes

It's a really nice feature, but I already knew it... It should be more user-friendly, I agree with steveadams617. I don't remember where I have learned that trick...
manumiglani
Well I already read that on some blog before. But its a great trick indeed, Thanks for sharing babumuchhala
Stubru Freak
If you choose "Use current pages" Firefox inserts them for you. That's a lot better then asking the user to find the pipe symbol.
babumuchhala
steveadams617 wrote:
How did you figure that trick out?
Well I knew this for a loooooooooooong time since. I just posted it on my blog and so thought maybe put it up on this forum too Very Happy

steveadams617 wrote:
Many people can't even find a pipe on their keyboard.

Ikthar wrote:
It should be more user-friendly

Well thenthere is always the second option.
Just open up all the sites in tabs and hit the “Use Current Pages” button
surdy
Hey this is a nice peice of info .... Smile
I will surely try this
Cheerz
redice
ooh, good. I use firefox for a long time, but never find this feature. My homepage is goole personal page, but I also want my company page be opened also. It just fit for me!!
Nyizsa
steveadams617 wrote:
Many people can't even find a pipe on their keyboard.

It would be a SHAME on any Unix / Linux user! Laughing
The feature is quite nice though. But it's inconvenient when you develop web pages and every click on the "View in browser" button results in retrieving two or more web pages I certainly don't need at that time. Of course this doesn't apply to all of us.
S3nd K3ys
That's cool but I'll never use it.

about:blank is my home.