FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

could not connect to the database

craig_t
Hi, i am trying to install PHPBB3 BETA and when i put the database info in, i can't connect, i get this messege:

Could not connect to the database, see error message below
Host '216.32.85.171' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

What do i have to do?
Bondings
craig_t wrote:
Hi, i am trying to install PHPBB3 BETA and when i put the database info in, i can't connect, i get this messege:

Could not connect to the database, see error message below
Host '216.32.85.171' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

What do i have to do?

Where is your database located?
craig_t
I have solved the problen, i have the server thing instead of local host there.
craig_t
now it says:

A fatal and unrecoverable database error has occured. This may be because the specified user does not have appropriate rights to CREATE TABLES or INSERT data, etc. Further information may be given below. Please contact your hosting provider in the first instance or the support forums of phpBB for further assistance.

install_install.php [ 970 ]

SQL : CREATE TABLE craigt_testattachments ( attach_id mediumint(Cool UNSIGNED NOT NULL auto_increment, post_msg_id mediumint(Cool UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, topic_id mediumint(Cool UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, in_message tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, poster_id mediumint(Cool UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, physical_filename varchar(255) NOT NULL, real_filename varchar(255) NOT NULL, download_count mediumint(Cool UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, comment text, extension varchar(100), mimetype varchar(100), filesize int(20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL, filetime int(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, thumbnail tinyint(1) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (attach_id), KEY filetime (filetime), KEY post_msg_id (post_msg_id), KEY topic_id (topic_id), KEY poster_id (poster_id), KEY physical_filename (physical_filename(10)), KEY filesize (filesize) )

Table 'craigt_testattachments' already exists

BUT if i go to the url of the forum http://www.thecomputerhideout.frih.net/forum2/

it just says delete the install files as if it is done, do you think i should just use it?
after all, i am only testing the board.