FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Backup Queue?

Marston
Ummmm.... Why the hell is there a backup queue? I didn't notice that there was one before, but in light of the terrible server 2 crash that happened a while back, isn't this a bit counter intuitive?

I'd also like to raise another issue: where's Bondings? Wouldn't it make sense that Bondings checks the Web Hosting Support forum more often, him being the server administrator and all... Seriously, the only guy with the power to fix problems with the server hasn't posted here in a few days. I'll go out on a limb and say that he's probably working on the new design (though I might be wrong.). Considering the facts that Bondings probably is human, and probably has a social life, and therefor can't check the forums every five minutes, wouldn't it make sense that he allows a few other people to be able to do stuff with the server, like restart apache and whatnot? Because lets be honest- web hosting companies are never run by only one person. There's usually a team of people.
wumingsden
Marston wrote:
Ummmm.... Why the hell is there a backup queue? I didn't notice that there was one before, but in light of the terrible server 2 crash that happened a while back, isn't this a bit counter intuitive?

I'd also like to raise another issue: where's Bondings? Wouldn't it make sense that Bondings checks the Web Hosting Support forum more often, him being the server administrator and all... Seriously, the only guy with the power to fix problems with the server hasn't posted here in a few days. I'll go out on a limb and say that he's probably working on the new design (though I might be wrong.). Considering the facts that Bondings probably is human, and probably has a social life, and therefor can't check the forums every five minutes, wouldn't it make sense that he allows a few other people to be able to do stuff with the server, like restart apache and whatnot? Because lets be honest- web hosting companies are never run by only one person. There's usually a team of people.

About the server, apache restarts on its own and the technical guys are on hand when needed.

Also Bondings is a very busy, and very private, alien. You may also like to notice that he is active on FH.
ChrisCh
Marston wrote:

The reason that there is a backup queue is to reduce the load forced upon the server, reducing the likelyhood of something bad happening such as a hard drive failure. Having less server load also keeps websites loading more smoothly. Smile