FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Role-Playing-Game

Alistair
I am in the process of setting up a "Play-by-post" RPG using frihost as my host. You can find the early stages at http://avelyn.frih.net

If you go take a look, please be aware that it is far from finished, although I am getting there. There are a lot of images and heaps of background info still not written, so the game is not ready to start.
Oh and I don't have the forums set up yet either.

Would love any feed back or comments - if you find anything that doesn't display properly let me know - but don't worry about links that don't work as there are quite a few pages that aren't uploaded yet.
Marston
Why would you advertise an unfinished website?
Alistair
Because sometimes other people's feedback can improve the site before it is finished.

It is about 3/4s done, but if someone says "the navigation sucks" I can go back and fix it before I do a full release. For me it's a bit like beta testing a new PC game or software program.

Consider it a first release and the full version will be finished soon and bugs can be taken out as I go.
tamilchild
Good website

background is dark!! Embarassed
ninjakannon
I've had a look at your site, without actually signing up and it looks good. Very proffesional, good job. I'd just like to know exactly how it works; you obviously post on the forum to help your character / account progress. But how exactly does it work?
Technaut
i do like the site, very nicely done. i like the tranparent menu, and how it fades in. if you can do stuff like that, you might start selling templates for $20 to $40 bucks. and the idea is pretty cool too, although i dislike doing it by forum, because it takes time away form me to post in other forums, such as this one. but i will probably sign up once the site comes online. if you could set up a PBeM game, i would love to do that, since i can just download the emails and get to them whenever i have time. anyhow, great site. Very Happy

@ ninjakannon
PBP? havn't you ever done it by email (PbeM)? you should look it up google. sorta like a story that everyone contributes; you get to decide how your character reacts to events, then someone decides how thier character reacts to the events, or to your characters actions, or not react, or whatever. Smile
ninjakannon
Oh cool. That's a pretty interesting concept; I guess you have to trust that everyone will contribute fairly and not go over the top, or be too rude or riduculous. It sounds like quite a lot of work too, you'd have to keep checking up on where the story was and everything else. But I still like the idea.

No, I haven't played a PBP before (as you can probably tell by now Razz).

And yes, I suggest that you try to get some cash selling templates and similar things, that would be a good little earner Wink.
Alie
I like your design - cool!

It's about forum games or AD&D games? (I haven't registered yet)?
rayx
Yeah it is cool, I like the design more improvement on navigation and change the dark background.
Technaut
i just noticed that you have also made a custom skin for phpBB. very awesome. i wish i had a couple thousand dollars to buy that site from you. if you can get people intrested in this, i see you going far... very far. Very Happy i am sure you could find some way for this to support itself, like selling t-shirts and hats once it gets popular.
Sava
really nice, I would love a pm when you finish it so I can register.
Change the menu style or at least the colours of the menu. You can't see it clearly.
Congrats if you made the design. It's really cool
ninjakannon
Sava wrote:
Change the menu style or at least the colours of the menu. You can't see it clearly.

You can see it, but the menu is a bit dark - like the rest of the site actually. Maybe the colours should just be brightened up a bit. But don't change the colours too much, as they're really well chosen. Smile
Jaan
What's the game about? Is it like runescape, or a text based game?
I might sign up.... Wink
Nice site btw!
ninjakannon
Jaan wrote:
What's the game about? Is it like runescape, or a text based game?
I might sign up.... Wink
Nice site btw!

It's text based:
Technaut wrote:
PBP? havn't you ever done it by email (PbeM)? you should look it up google. sorta like a story that everyone contributes; you get to decide how your character reacts to events, then someone decides how thier character reacts to the events, or to your characters actions, or not react, or whatever.
keccoblu
Hi, I like very much your sites, but there are some visualization problem with firefox. Especially in the main menu.
Sokken
I think your site is great. I do however think that your site could be overall a little brighter.
The concept of this game is pretty cool and it looks like you put some work into making this.
Kyoushu
The design is nice and really fits the theme of you're website. How is the mmorpg playn? What features are in the game? Those are a few more things you should put on your home page.
urangkayo
i like your design, it's very" cool for me Smile

is this a online game or offline ?
burnett.mathew
keccoblu wrote:
Hi, I like very much your sites, but there are some visualization problem with firefox. Especially in the main menu.

Yeah, the overhead menu blends with the background in FireFox, even in the latest version, so it's probably a scripting problem. Other than that, it looks like one of the better made sites of the sort that I have seen. I'll go check it out in Internet Explorer...
ninjakannon
Kyoushu wrote:
The design is nice and really fits the theme of you're website. How is the mmorpg playn? What features are in the game? Those are a few more things you should put on your home page.

READ:
Technaut wrote:
PBP? havn't you ever done it by email (PbeM)? you should look it up google. sorta like a story that everyone contributes; you get to decide how your character reacts to events, then someone decides how thier character reacts to the events, or to your characters actions, or not react, or whatever

But I think that the concept of the game should be discribed in an easy-to-find place so that people - like me - who have never played that type of game can understand what it's all about and maybe even sign up.
Technaut
for everyone asking what kind of game this will be, let me clear it up once and for all. it's a forum rpg, meaning each story is a thread much like this one. it's role-playing, not an interactive program. since it's a forum game, it is online. so please stop asking questions about what it is when they have already been answered.
ninjakannon
You tell 'em, Technaut! That was bugging me too. Razz