FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Christiano Ronaldo is Mr. "dive man" !!!

nappa
This guy has been trying to dive to get the penalty shot and he made it too obvious. Just watched the game and German won Portugal 3:1. If Portugese players pass the ball sooner and stop wasting the time by diving, shitting etc.. They might did it better. I don't understand why every single Portugese player (especially the dive man) always keep the ball until the last minute then past it to his friends. He passed the ball only when he couldn't get through. What a useless showing off. So long dude.
jipmerite
Diving, like it or not, is part of professional soccer. The best players know when to dive and when not to dive. When your team is losing the match 3-0 you should do everything possible to increase the chance of getting a goal.

There isn't a single professional player who would not dive in some instances. Sometimes dives are also made to stop injury...

Anyway it is sad that Portugal lost. But it was pretty sure that Germany would win even before the match. Portugal has many good midfielders but no real strikers. Nuno Gomez is a great forward that they had this time but he always was on the bench. Even tonight he came off the bench toward the end of the match and scored Portugal's only goal. They should have more strikers in the game instead of so many people who play well in midfield or the wing.

After Germany went 3-0, I was hoping that Portugal will not score. Because it was very unlikely that will score 3 goals. I wanted Oliver Khan to have a clean sheet. It was nice to see him play. I think he is still as sharp as before. Even Germany coach said that he and Lehman are of same quality.

But when Portugal scored through a Figo cross, that was also a satisfactory end for me because Figo came off the bench and helped to score a goal in his last game in the national team. It was a good ending to his career even though it would have been best if they won the cup. But they never had the quality to win the cup. It is good that they came this far.

Looking forward to the Final tomorrow night.
AndiMac
There was some talk that Christian Ronaldo lost out his chance at "Best Young Player" of the tournament because of his diving. Lukas Podolski was a great choice to win, but there's no denying Ch. Ronaldo is really talented as well. If he wasn't so fond of trying to get free kicks and penalties called for himself, he probably could have won it.
fkmax
Christiano Ronaldo should learn by now that, cheating won't win the game. ya instead of diving he had focused more or on playing and scoring a goal he could have help the portugal to beat Germany. He is a talented player and he is also young so, he should stop diving just to win, even if he wins by cheating then he will himself knows that he did not win it fairly....So Christiano Ronaldo stop diving.......
De_Luis
It's part of the culture in that sort of countries and in tournaments like these there's more focus on these kind of antics. Certainly when the media in a country beaten by Portugal gets kicked out and somewhat blames it on that fact. Although I didn;t feel his role in that game was that big. It was more afterwards that I saw that he played a part there, although the sending off was still more than correct. Ronaldo was pretty useless though then in the France game if you look at that dives. Only this time the ref was quality and didn't do much with it. Ok, perhaps he should given a card for the antics so they easier stop with it. Now they just kept trying. Even injuries with no Frenchie involved were seens as fouls by the Portugese bench. A bench with a staff you could say didn't help either in clearing the cheating antics. If I was a ref I would red carded that fellow too.
djsamsung
nappa wrote:
This guy has been trying to dive to get the penalty shot and he made it too obvious. Just watched the game and German won Portugal 3:1. If Portugese players pass the ball sooner and stop wasting the time by diving, shitting etc.. They might did it better. I don't understand why every single Portugese player (especially the dive man) always keep the ball until the last minute then past it to his friends. He passed the ball only when he couldn't get through. What a useless showing off. So long dude.

i totally agree with you. Ronaldo doesn't seem to show improvement, he either kept on sprinting or dribbling till someone gets close and do his stupid obvious dives or pass to nobody.

and now i heard he's planning on going to Real Madrid? wtf? he does nothing with MU lately and now he wants to go Real? hahaha
mayur
djsamsung wrote:
nappa wrote:

i totally agree with you. Ronaldo doesn't seem to show improvement, he either kept on sprinting or dribbling till someone gets close and do his stupid obvious dives or pass to nobody.

and now i heard he's planning on going to Real Madrid? wtf? he does nothing with MU lately and now he wants to go Real? hahaha

well all strikers dive in the penalty area and its quite expected when you are in the box. but ronaldo gives the feeling that he is pushing the limits!

as for his club future is concerned, after the rooney incident i don't see him return to england! so mardid is the best option
Alienz
He has been diving way too much and it was so obvious Evil or Very Mad
frenchy
Protugal have been playing dirty in there last games against England and France. But give it a few years and C.Ronaldo will be amazin.
jipmerite
If you think Ronaldo is Mr Dive man, what do you think of Malouda last night?

I'm not saying it was an incorrect penalty that Zidane scored...but in the rest of the match also he was falling down all over the field fo no reason.
djsamsung
jipmerite wrote:
If you think Ronaldo is Mr Dive man, what do you think of Malouda last night?

I'm not saying it was an incorrect penalty that Zidane scored...but in the rest of the match also he was falling down all over the field fo no reason.

malouda? guess he just did it at the right time and that moment is the first time he dives in the match. so, the referee buys it. Wink
wsco
i don't like him
wsco
i don't like him
cose of his manner
but he has good dripling
faker_phil
Nice double post.

Here's an image of his diving in the game against Germany.

Notice how he is about 3 inches away from Metzelder's foot, but still flying, and even grabbing his knee and turning towards the referee AND looking at him, showing "pain" Laughing
djsamsung
hahaha

how do you get this kind of pic anyways?
skynet
Well Ronaldo is a great player.. and maybe he gonna move to Real Madrid , and I hope that he will be better and better.
faker_phil
djsamsung wrote:
hahaha

how do you get this kind of pic anyways?

You have to have a video of it on your computer, then use a program like virtualdub to convert the video into a sequence of pictures. You can choose how many pictures per second, the longer the video the more pictures. Then use a picture editing software like fireworks or photoshop to create a .gif file out of those pictures. You can also check here.

Have fun.

Edit: The pictures can be pretty big, though. The one above is 2 MB, and its only a few seconds long...
djsamsung
thnx! Very Happy

and yes i will have a lot of fun... Cool
Sl1cK
faker_phil wrote:
Nice double post.

Here's an image of his diving in the game against Germany.

Notice how he is about 3 inches away from Metzelder's foot, but still flying, and even grabbing his knee and turning towards the referee AND looking at him, showing "pain" Laughing

lol thats pathetic. In my opinion, he deserved the boos every time he touched ball
jipmerite
I don't know if Ronaldo is an excessive diver or not because I didn't get the chance to see most of the matches in the world cup. But I do know he is a high profile player.

I did hear him being booed in one match and wondered to myself why they were booing him.

Either way I hope he does not go to Real Madrid. That was a great team before, until they started buying the best players from all over europe and ended up with great star playes and no chemistry between them. The proof to this is that they have not got any silverware for a couple of years now... Instead of buying new new players they should concentrate on building a team that works with the players that they have already. There is no lack of star talent in the team even now.

but football is not an individual game.

I am afraid that if ronaldo goes to ream Madrid, he will also get spoilt.
cghq
ronaldo is pretty stupid if you ask me.... Now that everyone knows that he dives at the slightest touch (or no touch at all for that matter) they treat him harsher.... Eg the referees, ronaldo has made some of them look very stupid if the refs see the replay after the games. Now that he is recognised as a pathetic diver he is awarded less freekicks and referees feel less inclined to award them anything.
Tvis
Christiano Ronaldo is a typical motherf*. For one time I agreed with the action of Khalid Boularouz from the Dutch team...once the diving man got real injured and not fake as many times he shows. But apart all the Portuguese are motherf*s!! Damn, if they come to the Mundial to play foorball, agreed, but they did not. They are just holding up the game. Damn, they irritated me against Holland. 200% sure that if they were playing a normal game they got beaten 3-0 at least. They are a worthless team and I really, really hope they won't make the Mundial in 2010. Hopefully without that son of a b* of a Figo they won't be able to get inspiration playing theatre.

At least the Germans played football (and sorry to say...I don't like Germans), as well as the French, even the Italians and the Argentinas played this year several times. Because we all know they are masters of delaying the game with rude actions and all kinds of things besides football...
faker_phil
Wow, that was a lot of cussing. Why don't you like Germans?

jipmerite wrote:
I did hear him being booed in one match and wondered to myself why they were booing him.

They were booing him because during the game England vs. Portugal, Rooney accidentially stepped on Carvalho's nuts. Ronaldo immediately began requesting red for Rooney, although it looked like an accident and they both play at Manchester United in England. In the end, Rooney received Red for whatever reason, and Ronaldo was booed out every time he touched the ball because of that, and because of his diving (and because he is so stuck up).
Here's the balls scene:
djsamsung
yeah...rooney is innocent, he just got tangled up between someone and carvalho, ronaldo started it.

he's such an a** for requesting a red card for his own teammate which is only an accident. rooney has the right for being mad and pushing him.

portugese football player's are a@#holes! hahahha, plz don't hate me. Wink
fkmax
Ya man Cristiano Ronaldo sucks and he is such a poor diver also, does not know how to dive, It was his fault that Rooney was shown red card, if he had not come, may be refree might have shown yellow card only. it is because rooney shoved ronaldo, that ref had to give red card to rooney, so its all Ronaldo's fault, if England had Rooney, surely they would have won and might have also beaten France to proceed to final.
tkcy
Hahaha, poor loser he is. No doubt he's a talented player, but well, at least dive better ronaldo. At least from players like Klinsmann or David Ginola. LOL. Cheers! Smile
Dragonfly
It is more easier for Cristiano Ronaldo to dive since his speed around the penalty area is fast and if he doesn't dive sometimes he could put himself or the defenders in danger. However, without any proper goal to his credit it became the talk of the town. And he became more visible as more people highlights his few diving or fans are observing more closely after his infamous role in Rooney's sending off and we all know too well that English fans are ready to corner him as much as possible. So, my opinion is that he dives like any other strikers but his will be highlighted more as he establishes his enemies with fans around the world.
nike7
Yes he is a diver. But there is alot of players that dives. Thats the way the football is today Sad