I have use ftp and even DirectAdmin File Manager to replace some older version of my HTML files, but when I view my web site, the old version of the HTML files are still running.
Is there a cache? How to refresh it?
Many thanks. Help!
You should clear the cache for the browser you are running
tools>options>privacy>cache>clear cache now
I have clear my browser cache several times. It gives me the feeling, there is a cache of my old HTML files on the FriHost server.
Thanks, more help needed.
Thanks, I have deleted the HTML file using the File Manager in DirectAdmin.
In File Manager, I fire up my Index.html and browse to the the deleted page, and it does shows the FriHost page - indicating it is deleted.
I then tried, connecting to my web site in FriHost, and the deleted page still shows up - I did clear my browse cache several times again.
Works from within File Manager (The first icon in the list fires up a HTML page) - show file missing, but not via frih.net.
One more thing
The default page is always index.html
This is the page that will open when you go to yoursite.frih.net
Note that all the letters must be in lower case
If you have a file like Index.html (note the upper case letter) then it wont work and will only open the file with all lowercase letters.
Check if you have made a mistake in this naming thing
Thank you all, I have finally decided to use a different html menu file for one of the pane in my frameset (instead of the Jp2006Menu.html, I use Jp2006Menu1.html) and all went well.
Will have to monitor again, as I am still developing my site.
Thank you all, will try using all lower case for other pages.
I had a very simlar problem. Thought there may have been a cache on the server. The problem was with IE. I would "Delete Files.." but with no effect. It turns out I had to use Refresh!
Thank you all, yes, I did refresh, I did delete all offline files in IE. The problem is really not with my usage of the browser, and I was directed to use a Internet proxy server to check, which I did, and discover that the update was correctly shown.
The conclusion is that along my browser to the Frihost server, there is a cache, which most likely for my case, is my ISP. I believe they are filtering and monitoring contents in Singapore, which they may suggest is to speed up Internet access time.
From now on, I will use the Internet cache to check for my updates to my site.
Thank you all.