FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hangman Contest - Phase/Phrase 2 - Ended

dwcnps
This is the second phase/phrase or the Hangman Contest.

(see old phase/phrase)

This time the least amount of frih$ is 5frih$.

(The minimum amount of frih$ you pay will not rise unless we are desperate (unlikely) It may even fall (50/50))

Final pot is 83.2455frih$

3.2455frih$ were added on from last pot.

Players:
chizeled
scorpio
seastatue
mistuh griddlez
squirrelmaster

(New Phase)
seastatue
When will you send me my prize fri$ from last contest? Can you just deduct fri$5 from it for this one for me? Thanks.
dwcnps
seastatue wrote:
When will you send me my prize fri$ from last contest? Can you just deduct fri$5 from it for this one for me? Thanks.

Sorry already sent!

You'll have to send it to me yourself.

I'll put it on the pot though.
Scorpio
Alright, I think I am missing something here Embarassed

When exactly will the "dashes" for the phrase be given?
seastatue
dwcnps wrote:
seastatue wrote:

Sorry already sent!

You'll have to send it to me yourself.

I'll put it on the pot though.

No problem. I'll send it to you right now. As I'm new and a little shaky with the donation thing, could you just send me a pm to let me know you got it ok? Thanks!

How large of a pot are we waiting for before we begin?
KMKM
scorpio wrote:
Alright, I think I am missing something here Embarassed

When exactly will the "dashes" for the phrase be given?

Same question as scorpio from my side too...
Please edit your first post and put when the Phrase will be released.

Kudos!
~KMKM
chizeled
Is 5 $FIH now, I will have to give you three more $ FRIH. I will send now.
SNES350
Update: Contest started! The phrase updated with guesses will likely always be on the last page of the thread.

This one is a movie quote.

Code:
_ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _!

Shorter, but no two letters will make the entire phrase obvious this time.
chizeled
So how do we do this, do I say e and then you put an e in?
SNES350
chizeled wrote:

Some rules I remember I posted in the last thread:

We start when dwcnps thinks we have enough people. As of right now we do not have enough people.

There will be rounds of guessing, likely going to end up one round = one day.

Each person can only guess one letter (or word or the entire phrase) per round.

Guessing is only allowed AFTER the participant has paid the Frih$5 entry fee. The fee is one time per phrase, meaning the next contest will require an additional entry fee to participate.

Note I changed this post to say only ONE WORD per round, not multiple words (unless the entire phrase is being guessed).
chizeled
I donted so, when we are ready to go I will be ready! Thanks for clearifying those rules with me.
Scorpio
SNES350 wrote:
chizeled wrote:

Some rules I remember I posted in the last thread:

We start when dwcnps thinks we have enough people. As of right now we do not have enough people.

There will be rounds of guessing, likely going to end up one round = one day.

Each person can only guess one letter (or phrase of word(s) or the entire phrase) per round.

Guessing is only allowed AFTER the participant has paid the Frih$2 entry fee. The fee is one time per phrase, meaning the next contest will require an additional entry fee (again Frih$2) to participate.

Could you please indicate on the first post, the name of the participants?
dwcnps
Done, look at the first post.
mistuh griddlez
can i play? if so i'll donate 5 frih$.
dwcnps
mistuh griddlez wrote:
can i play? if so i'll donate 5 frih$.

Yes of course you can Very Happy .
mistuh griddlez
ok i'll donate as soon as i'm done posting this
seastatue
SNES350 wrote:

How many people total to have a contest?

So the phrase this time is something one of the characters actually says in the movie? Can you give us a hint about the movie? Like, say, it was released sometime in the 1990s or something like that...or it is a comedy, adventure or suspense?

Thanks!
SNES350
I made a mistake in my last post (which I have already corrected): I wrote Frih$2 is the entry fee, but it is Frih$5 this time, as stated in the first post of the topic.

The phrase is from a comedy movie. That is the only hint I will give, as I actually don't know much about the movie. I have not even seen the entire movie actually, but this is a fairly well-known quote among my friends, so I assume others will know it also.
dwcnps
I think the pot will need to be a bit higher so we'll wait.

I'll advertise it on my sig, what about you SNES350?
SNES350
I did, but it seems that since I didn't have a signature before, it isn't retroactive.

I've decided to change what I posted before; you may only guess ONE WORD per round, not multiple words as previously posted.

This of course only applies if you are guessing a word, and not just a letter or the entire phrase.

So guessing is allowed for one letter, one word, or the entire phrase, per person per round.
dwcnps
Added 20frih$ to the pot.
Scorpio
When could we start?

(sorry about getting impatient)
squirrelmaster
im in, but who do i donate to? SNES350 or dwcnps?
SNES350
squirrelmaster wrote:
im in, but who do i donate to? SNES350 or dwcnps?

dwncps is managing the pot.

Are we going to wait more or start now?

Also, the list is still the same as before the last Frih$20 were added.
squirrelmaster
OK i donated 10FRIH$ to dwcnps
dwcnps
squirrelmaster wrote:
OK i donated 10FRIH$ to dwcnps

Ok, got it.

I think we can start now.

Please wait for SNES350 to give the out the phrase...

Until then anyone who has not can still donate but only until SNES350 has given the phrase.

Thankyou...
chizeled
Is it 10 $FRIS now? Did I donate enough?
mistuh griddlez
i'm gonna donate some more! I donated it to you dwcnps.
dwcnps
Got the 20frih$ Wink .
chizeled
Did I post enough? Do I need to post more? Just wondering...I didn't hear the last time. Can someone let me know.
SNES350
chizeled wrote:
Did I post enough? Do I need to post more? Just wondering...I didn't hear the last time. Can someone let me know.

If you gave Frih$5 or more, then you gave enough.

The pot is big enough; we can start now. Round 1 of guessing has begun; you may guess one time today; I will update the phrase tomorrow when I get the chance. Today's round will end in about 10 hours and 30 minutes, at midnight EST; tomorrow's will end 24 hours after today's ends, at midnight EST again.

The next round of guessing will start immediately at midnight EST, but I don't recommend guessing before I update the phrase. I will likely update very close to midnight (end of this round or early hours of next round) or 8-9 hours into tomorrow's round, when I wake up.

Quote:
This one is a movie quote.

Code:
_ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _!

Shorter, but no two letters will make the entire phrase obvious this time.
chizeled
Can I guess an e?
squirrelmaster
can i guess an h?
SNES350
Code:
_ _ _ _ _ _   e _ _ e _ _ _   _ h e   _ _ _ _ _ _ h   _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _!

Guessed letters: e, h

I'm ending the first round right now; round two starts now also, so all who joined have one guess for the next 24 hours and 40 minutes or so (as of this post it is 11:20 PM EST).
chizeled
Can I guess the letter t?
squirrelmaster
going with the letter I?
seastatue
I would like an "O".
SNES350
Code:
_ o _ o _ _   e _ _ e _ t _   t h e   _ _ _ _ i _ h   I _ _ _ i _ i _ i _ _!

Guessed letters: e, h, t, i, o

About midnight EST as I'm posting this, so next round starts now.
squirrelmaster
now i shall guess the letter 's'
seastatue
I am assuming that that's a uc "I" as the first letter of the last word. Hope I am right, cause I'm going to take a guess at the phrase.

One of the funniest moments from Monty Python is the one on the Spanish Inquisition. So funny that is has been referenced in other people's comedies and online games.

My guess is:

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

--Michael Palin said it the first time, I think, in Monty Python's Flying Circus
SNES350
seastatue wrote:
I am assuming that that's a uc "I" as the first letter of the last word. Hope I am right, cause I'm going to take a guess at the phrase.

One of the funniest moments from Monty Python is the one on the Spanish Inquisition. So funny that is has been referenced in other people's comedies and online games.

My guess is:

--Michael Palin said it the first time, I think, in Monty Python's Flying Circus

He got it. I thought about using all lowercase letters, but that could be considered deceptive, since those words should be capitalized.
seastatue
Thanks for letting me know, SNE. When we play hangman around here, we use proper nouns too. If you don't uc something that should be uc, you get accused of cheating. Plus it's good to have them as a change up. The uc didn't give it to me, it only helped a little.

So I will get like fri$80 for winning?
SNES350
seastatue wrote:
Thanks for letting me know, SNE. When we play hangman around here, we use proper nouns too. If you don't uc something that should be uc, you get accused of cheating. Plus it's good to have them as a change up. The uc didn't give it to me, it only helped a little.

You get 75% of the Frih$~83 pot. Frih$62.1 or something like that.
squirrelmaster
Quote:

i sincerely thought it was that, except for this
Quote:
Code:

you did not post all the letters that were guessed you said that t and o were all guessed therefore they cannot be in it but they are, you should have done
Code:
_ o _ o _ _   e _ _ e _ t _   t h e   _ _ _ _ i _ h   I _ _ _ i _ i t i o _ !
Razz

oh well no hard feelings, but next time can you double check it? Very Happy
SNES350
squirrelmaster wrote:
Quote:

i sincerely thought it was that, except for this
Quote:
Code:

you did not post all the letters that were guessed you said that t and o were all guessed therefore they cannot be in it but they are, you should have done
Code:
_ o _ o _ _   e _ _ e _ t _   t h e   _ _ _ _ i _ h   I _ _ _ i _ i t i o _ !
Razz

oh well no hard feelings, but next time can you double check it? Very Happy

I just wrote an entire paragraph not seeing the problem, but I after reviewing it again I see it. I did try going through it again but I still didn't catch that at the time. Sorry for the mistake.

Code:
N o b o d y   e x p e c t s   t h e   S p a n i s h   I n q u i s i t i o n!
Kovalchuk17
im confused at the goal of this game is iit hangman itself or a variation?
seastatue
SNES350 wrote:
seastatue wrote:

You get 75% of the Frih$~83 pot. Frih$62.1 or something like that.

Are we going to play another round? If so, you can deduct the entry fee from my winnings.

I have not received my prize Frih$ yet.

Thanks.
mistuh griddlez
Nice job seastatue. I forgot to check back here!!! So I never guessed oh well....anyway when you do another round let me know!!!
SNES350
I don't know where dwcnps is and he has the Frih$ for the contest. If he doesn't return soon I may just start another one myself, or if anyone else is up to it they are welcome to.
dwcnps
SNES350 wrote:
I don't know where dwcnps is and he has the Frih$ for the contest. If he doesn't return soon I may just start another one myself, or if anyone else is up to it they are welcome to.

I'm here SNES350, just been busy for a week or so, here's the phrase because SNES350 hasn't gave it yet so I guess I will.

Code:

_ _ _ _ _ _    _ _ _ _ _ _ _    _ _ _    _ _ _ _ _ _ _    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _!

The space between the words are represented by four spaces and the space between the letters are represented by a single space, telling you just in case.
SNES350
dwcnps wrote:
SNES350 wrote:

I'm here SNES350, just been busy for a week or so, here's the phrase because SNES350 hasn't gave it yet so I guess I will.

Code:

_ _ _ _ _ _    _ _ _ _ _ _ _    _ _ _    _ _ _ _ _ _ _    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _!

The space between the words are represented by four spaces and the space between the letters are represented by a single space, telling you just in case.

The second hangman contest was won by seastatue in case you missed that. There were two or three days of guessing, I made a mistake in there somewhere, and he got it despite that. My long post above contains the completed phrase for the second contest.
dwcnps
SNES350 wrote:

The second hangman contest was won by seastatue in case you missed that. There were two or three days of guessing, I made a mistake in there somewhere, and he got it despite that. My long post above contains the completed phrase for the second contest.

Sorry, I missed that but congratulations seastatue, you win the prize!
seastatue
mistuh griddlez wrote:
Nice job seastatue. I forgot to check back here!!! So I never guessed oh well....anyway when you do another round let me know!!!

Hey, thanks, Mistah and SNE. It was a fun one. Thanks for the winnings, DW, and whoever does the next one, pls let me know too..
dwcnps
seastatue wrote:
Thanks for the winnings, DW, and whoever does the next one, pls let me know too..

I'll let you when the next one is starting, I just have to do some calculations while SNES350 makes the new phrase.

Thankyou...

Please close this moderators.

New Phase!