FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 2 weirdness...

Marston
Ok, I'm pretty sure it's not just me- Server 2 stops displaying webpages every 15 minutes. I get an "Unable to connect" message every 15 minutes. It happened at 3:03, and 3:18 earlier today, then I come on at around 7:05, and what do you know? I'm unable to connect at 7:18.

Would someone look into this?
Animal
Sounds like this may be an issue with Apache - I'll try and speak to Bondings about it. However, I'm fairly sure it restarts every hour or more - I would be very surprised if it was every 15 mins. Like I said though, I'll check it out.
SpellcasterDX
Yes, this time I agree with you. My site keeps going down every 15 minutes. It happened at 6:03, 6:18, 6:33, etc. Please look into this, Animal.
Commando_Sondre
Back at my webpage it is happening every 5 minute Sad I hope Bondings can fix it, because I'm starting up a guildwebsite, and I don't want it to be down in the beginning!
Marston
Why does server 2 restart at all?
wumingsden
Apache restarts because of something to do with the memory, forgot all the technical info. Apache restarts I believe every two hours now which has the possibilty of causing a small downtime of up to a minute but you say this is happening every 15 minutes so ... Rolling Eyes

I have noticed a slight increase of DA going down but not every 15 minutes. Is it still happening now?
Marston
DA doesn't go down every 15 minutes, no.

It's just that you can't view server-2 hosted webpages every 15 minutes.

Is there any possibility that server-2 will ever NOT have to restart every hour?

Server-2 is currently serving webpages, yeah.
wumingsden
Marston wrote:
Is there any possibility that server-2 will ever NOT have to restart every hour?

I have no idea Wink

The term "buffer" comes to mind, whether this has anything to do with the apache restart I do not know. I think the problem with the memory was that it was being used up at an alarming rate, which caused apache/the server (whatever) to crash. The quickfix was to get more memory and restart apache every-so-often, which resets the memory.
Marston
Hmm...

Anyways, check your website now! It should be down.

PS: PHPMyAdmin is insanely slow.
ChrisCh
Marston wrote:

PHPMyAdmin is always slow, even if you are running it off your local computer or network server... It's got something to do with the way it accesses and modifies the database Smile
FreeBay
same here. i'm building a new site too. i wouldn't want visitors to see my website down the first time they try to access it.

how come we got this problem just now?
Marston
ChrisCh wrote:
Marston wrote:

PHPMyAdmin is always slow, even if you are running it off your local computer or network server... It's got something to do with the way it accesses and modifies the database Smile
Oh.
polly-gone
I can get onto my website nly 75% of the time! Please fix this!
Marston
I think this should be stickied so we don't get "Server goes down every 15 mintues" threads every 5 minutes.

YO.
wumingsden
Please be patient, we are looking into the problem, -locked-