FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sudoku

kenweeks
Is anyone else into Sudoku?

I am majorly addicted. Does anyone know of some good free Sudoku sites out there? I currently play on the USA Today Online site it is pretty good.
linkman2004
I love suduku. I'm currently addicted to the free version that comes with Brain Age for the DS. It rox! As for free sudoku sites, I suggest going to WebSudoku.com. They have billions of puzzles ensuring that you never run out.
XeononyX
yes. http://www.websudoku.com/ is by far the best. Easy, Medium, Hard, Evil pick your poison good place free and better than other some programs I have bought.
Saber
well if you want more of a challenge http://www.samurai-sudoku.com/
kazikame
I love sudoku. I have 3 books of it, a PSP game, and play it all the time in newspapers.

Even after a year (i think), it's still fun. Smile

EDIT: Thanks very much, Saber. I'm gonna be playing that all week now >_>
Saber
I showed that to the rest of the IS department, we got it about half done by lunch. And then no one wanted to work on it after that... So now I have something to do when waiting for things to install.
Josso
My mums addicted to the things. I tried a few when they first started getting popular... I never really got into it even after cracking a few of them, I would do them if bored but getting books of the things and spending my spare time doing them is going too far for me Laughing
Pikokola
I'm lovin it Very Happy

I love it because it's sometimes too easy to be solved, but sometimes it cost me 1 weeks to end it Sad(
exarkun
I played sudoku on the internet through flash games. They are fun and interactive, and some can even save high scores. I just like it when everything can 'move', and not the dull type where you type in the numbers or something like that.
PhoenixFire
I've been really into sudoku lately. Awhile back, I vowed to never get hooked on them, but I inevitably succumbed to their wiles. I even have WebSudoku.com set as a bookmark on the toolbar for Firefox. I only do them on PC, though, because I find that on Macs, the times get distorted and you tend to lose several seconds for no apparent reason.

Cheers.
moonshadowinn
heya, i've been in to sudoku for some time, but ive been seeing a new version of it using 15 blocks instead of 9. are there any sites for this "hex" version of sudoku?
PseudoKnight
The developer of Natural-Selection, the popular Half-Life mod, made a Sudoku game called the Zen of Sudoku. It looks rather soothing and with an optimal interface for the game. There's a trial of the game, but ultimately he can't afford to let it go for free. So, if you love Sudoku and love independent game developers and like supporting novel gameplay, definetly check it out. Let your friends or family know about it too if they like the game. It's not exactly a charity cause, but I personally think it's worthwhile.

http://www.zenofsudoku.com/ ($13)

I can't wait until NS:S comes out. THAT I will be purchasing. I don't have excess funds to get this game, even though it's cheap. Sad
tony
i sudoku! my friend gave me a book so i do it the old-fashioned way! great game!
Coclus
sudoku is a really good game i paly it very often but almost everyone is too easy
mikewould
any tips? i cannot even do one. lol.
sad,
very sad
QrafTee
I used to play Sudoku everyday on campus at U.C. Davis, oddly enough I was introduced to it in my Pascal class and wasn't interested in it (partly because I had to develop a program for it which sucked), but after my first quarter I played it and got my roommates into it. Since summer though, I've stopped playing Sudoku as I have other forms of entertainment now.
kenweeks wrote:
Is anyone else into Sudoku?

I am majorly addicted. Does anyone know of some good free Sudoku sites out there? I currently play on the USA Today Online site it is pretty good.
Game Fortress
Sudoku honestly freaks me out a little. I am afraid to start playing it because it seems like it has become virulently addictive to those who DO play it. Its the same reason I dont smoke cigarettes either.
jds10912
i started doing them about 2 1/2 years ago when my math teacher showed them to the class
no one finished in the whole class, but i came rather close to it

i was really surprised when it just became a pop culture phenomonon (sp?) within the last year or so
i picked up a book of them and i've improved a lot

and has anyone ever tried a supersudoku? it has the # 0 and letters A and B so that there are 12 total characters, and sometimes the puzzle isnt divided into perfect squares/rectangles
i've tried only once, it took me a 4 hour car trip and a 3 hour round trip flight to finish the puzzle, but eventually i did
i really cant just do them when i dont have to for some reason tho
wombatrpgs
Sudoku seems to bore me too much. It seems to be much the same except for different configurations. Perhaps I tire of things quickly, but once I found most methods for solving, it became boring.
But fun for a little while!
tyrant
Brings me back to the days, when i got my entire class hooked onto it.. Its compulsory for everyone to have a laptop in our campus, as it its a wirless and paperless enviroment... Everyone was dead bored with that day's module so i introduced them to sudoku.. even the teacher joined in, when she realised no 1 was gonna do any work..

I've personally tried up to hard difficulty level, but takes me quite some time to solve..still an amateur..
SGbilder
No..., but my mom is in the sudoku-swamp.
Here you gys got one; http://sydsvenskan.se/sudoku/
Fenroy
I've been doing a lot of Sudoku puzzles lately. I noticed this thread awhile ago and took the advice of Saber. I've made it through a few of those Samurai Sudoku puzzles, but they're crazy hard. Even the ones labeled as "Easy" pose quite the challenge. I've gotten a lot better at them in recent history, though, because the more you do these things, the more you learn to recognize where to place certain numbers.
gr3gg3r
I honestly don't know how it got so big. I heard about this game a while back and never really thought about playing it. I tried it out like a month ago, but I just got frustrated and gave up. I got almost all ten rows and there was like 1 wrong number.

I'm just surprised everyone is addicted to basically cracking codes/programming numbers. Because that is basically all this game really is, not that fun to me. =/
Game Fortress
It is a pretty weird thing to think about. I guess its a good sign; The general populas is enjoying somthing that ISNT watching television. Unfortunatley, I have yet to join those ranks.
urbanbuddha
XeononyX wrote:
yes. http://www.websudoku.com/ is by far the best. Easy, Medium, Hard, Evil pick your poison good place free and better than other some programs I have bought.

That's where I play my sudoku... My fastest time in EVIL is about 12mins T_T
xkobram
i dont like it very much, its about nothing
Trent DeWhite
Most games are about nothing. Wink

Admittedly, sudoku is definitely a left-brained activity. I enjoy tackling the puzzles every now and again, but I tend to get stuck with the harder ones.
XeononyX
I hear ya there .. I realized I can never knock out a hard one effectively unless I complete a couple easier ones before I try it.
chrismen
I love it too. Ever since I saw one in the boston globe I couldn't stop. WebSudoku.com is by far the best site. Check it out.
xkobram
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Most games are about nothing. Wink

Admittedly, sudoku is definitely a left-brained activity. I enjoy tackling the puzzles every now and again, but I tend to get stuck with the harder ones.

Make life a game and its about nothing...

Sometimes I "play" sudoku, but i cant understand that people who spend all day doing it...
Ghost900
I do Sudoku's alot but I get mine printed out and I do mostly med-hards with my dad and we race on them.
foodman
its so boring, i think its a waste of time. major headaces. thats just what i think
chrisu
I solve sudokus in the newspapers, but it ain't often that I read newspapers. And I also got a sudoku game on my computer that I play when I'm bored.

It is a nice game to play when you don't got anything better to do. I'm not so good at it. Haven't solved any at the hardest level yet. But those at the medium level is hard enough for me. Maybe if I solved sudokus more often I could solve those at level hard too.
r_abbes
i love this game very much
driftingfe3s
My friend introduced me to Sodouku last year. I didn't really like it much then. After I got Brain Age for free with my DS, I've learned to like it.