FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

family things that your family does that no one undersands

Blaster
What i mean by this is like all famlies have some thing they do that no other family would understad. Like for my family every time we go down the beach we sing the song On the way to Cape May When we go to the Jersy shore. One time we had my sisters friend and we where signing it and she was like what the heck. So that is one thing my family does that no one would get.

Another thing we do is we play a game down the beach called suck. Suck is played in the ocean and me and my cousins. What we do is we pretend like we are being riped out to sea by a rip current and we have to save them.

These are just some of the things we do that other families just dont' get. So do you have anything you do with your family that we probley wouldn't get. Well then share it with us.
Ray Gravin
Im not sure if this really counts for what was intended to be listed here but I think its strange enough.

I remember that my mother did not believe in using her hands to punish us a children. She would instead spread rice out in on the floor in the corner. then make us kneel with on them with our bare knees, wile holding our hands behind our back, and putting our nose in the corner. When we were particularly mischievous she would use beans, or worst lima beans.

I always thought that was an unusual punishment. What was she thinking? Know I can't figure out how I let her put me in that corner in the first place? What was I thinking?

I remember thinking it was neat the way my knees had the rice or beans traped in the folds of my skin on them : )
darvit
Ray Gravin wrote:
Im not sure if this really counts for what was intended to be listed here but I think its strange enough.

I remember that my mother did not believe in using her hands to punish us a children. She would instead spread rice out in on the floor in the corner. then make us kneel with on them with our bare knees, wile holding our hands behind our back, and putting our nose in the corner. When we were particularly mischievous she would use beans, or worst lima beans.

I always thought that was an unusual punishment. What was she thinking? Know I can't figure out how I let her put me in that corner in the first place? What was I thinking?

I remember thinking it was neat the way my knees had the rice or beans traped in the folds of my skin on them : )

My Mom actually did that when we were little. Sometimes it would be mongo/mung beans. I don't remember clearly if she used salt, though.
myrevolt
This is slightly off-topic because I don't spent as much time with my family as I do with my friends. We would consider the former descriptions along the lines of an "inside joke".

They tend to be odd phrases that come up in conversation, events that occurred while bowling or other activities. There are also games...such as an anti-memory game that has been passed along called "The Game" (look it up on wikipedia, if you are curious; if so, then you just lost.)

As for the knees on rice punishment, I have received it once before, though I rebel against authority, especially that of my parents.

----
I'm trying to minimize the annoying structure of my posts (spelling, emoticons, etc.), though I tend to stick to my bad habits.
hahame
if all the family do all the same thing,that will not have the different family,we will have the same though beside the body. Laughing
Donutey
hahame wrote:
if all the family do all the same thing,that will not have the different family,we will have the same though beside the body. Laughing

I have absolutely no idea what you just said, but it still made me laugh. Rolling Eyes
Blaster
yea i feel the same. But i never got the rice treatment. It would always be peper and hot stuff when we got punnished. Anyhow keep them coming guys. Very Happy