FRIHOST ē FORUMS ē SEARCH ē FAQ ē TOS ē BLOGS ē COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Should we wear uniform to school?





wendy86
I agree that students should wear school uniform to school. I believe that by wearing uniform, students will be more even though some students say it is such a hassle. I agree students should wearing uniform because teacher will easily identify the students. Images that there are no name tags, and students are wearing many types of cloth that follow the latest fashion. Maybe all of the teachers will give up because there is no discipline in school. So by wearing uniform , it shows that the students of the school are well-disciplined. Are you agree will my opinion. If not what is you opinion?
Becky
I agree too, even though i absolutely hate my school uniform.
Wearing a school uniform stops people being judged as much for what they wear, also for children who cant afford lots of different clothes, so they would end up wearing the same thing over and over again, it prevents them from being teased/bullied for that.
And, on school trips it helps the teacher identify the students, especially in a place like a museum where lots of other school children may be.
ItsWesley
Alot of children don't like wearing school uniform, but for all the years i was at school I didn't mind it. Uniforms are better as it makes the pupils look less scruffy, and it shows that they belong to the school.
I also agree that it stops people being descriminated against because of what they wear, and also, that school uniforms are good because they have loads of pockets to put stuff in.
Becky
ItsWesley wrote:
Alot of children don't like wearing school uniform, but for all the years i was at school I didn't mind it. Uniforms are better as it makes the pupils look less scruffy, and it shows that they belong to the school.
I also agree that it stops people being descriminated against because of what they wear, and also, that school uniforms are good because they have loads of pockets to put stuff in.


My uniform has NO pockets Wink
jharsika
At my school many people I know want uniforms. Most of them think they are cute Smile I agree that uniforms are a good idea, because of all the reasons previously posted. Also because it's convenient, you wouldn't need to decide what to wear!

The only downside is that uniforms, you have to buy them, are very expensive. Maybe if they had some kind of program to help poorer kids buy them, it would be just fine.
Becky
jharsika wrote:


The only downside is that uniforms, you have to buy them, are very expensive. Maybe if they had some kind of program to help poorer kids buy them, it would be just fine.


There is a program to help the poorer kids (or people whos parents/parent doesnt work like mine or are n benefits) in the UK, i get an allowance once a year to help purchace the uniform. Very Happy
jharsika
Becky wrote:

There is a program to help the poorer kids (or people whos parents/parent doesnt work like mine or are n benefits) in the UK, i get an allowance once a year to help purchace the uniform. Very Happy

Well I haven't heard that before....like in Japan and stuff.
Srs2388
NO because it is your own right to wear what you want
I don't know why people are trying to make you wear what threy want
it should be your choice.
but i will think this in any situation
exept things like marijuana being legalized. and uner aged drinking
jharsika
Srs2388 wrote:
NO because it is your own right to wear what you want
I don't know why people are trying to make you wear what threy want
it should be your choice.
but i will think this in any situation
exept things like marijuana being legalized. and uner aged drinking

You make a good point, about expressing yourself and individuality. But that can be done in many other ways. Such as actually talking to people and telling them what you think/getting to know them, maybe putting up your art work, i.e. doing something that really stands out. Not just wearing cool clothes.....
kazikame
I think uniform is a good idea. On the few days we don't have to wear uniform at my school, everyone gets rowdy.

However, it should be a sensible uniform, unlike the bright green one my school has. Embarassed
Becky
kazikame wrote:

However, it should be a sensible uniform, unlike the bright green one my school has. Embarassed


its more like BOGEY green our uniform, lol Razz
kazikame
Becky wrote:
kazikame wrote:

However, it should be a sensible uniform, unlike the bright green one my school has. Embarassed


its more like BOGEY green our uniform, lol Razz


That's why I never wear the jumper. Very Happy
GProject
Srs2388 wrote:
NO because it is your own right to wear what you want
I don't know why people are trying to make you wear what threy want
it should be your choice.
but i will think this in any situation
exept things like marijuana being legalized. and uner aged drinking


But that's not strictly true - you shouldn't have free reign over what you wear in all situations. It's good training for later life. Like, if you work in an office, then you're going to have to wear a shirt and maybe a tie. It's not your choice, but you wear it because that's what is right.

School uniform has lots of benefits which have already been mentioned. I can understand why kids don't always think a uniform is a good thing, but it certainly makes sense as you get older.
Becky
kazikame wrote:
Becky wrote:
kazikame wrote:

However, it should be a sensible uniform, unlike the bright green one my school has. Embarassed


its more like BOGEY green our uniform, lol Razz


That's why I never wear the jumper. Very Happy


well, thats coz your cleverer than me Cool coz i wear the jumper ALL the time Laughing haha.
SainT
I'm not going back to school, especially in a school uniform Razz
jharsika
kazikame wrote:
I think uniform is a good idea. On the few days we don't have to wear uniform at my school, everyone gets rowdy.

However, it should be a sensible uniform, unlike the bright green one my school has. Embarassed


That's another thing, there are usually casual days when you can express yourself!
kazikame
jharsika wrote:
kazikame wrote:
I think uniform is a good idea. On the few days we don't have to wear uniform at my school, everyone gets rowdy.

However, it should be a sensible uniform, unlike the bright green one my school has. Embarassed


That's another thing, there are usually casual days when you can express yourself!


Yup. Like these people at my school..

ballista06
I dont agree because, why should we wear uniforms?, its like putting a tag on us. Ia m lucky i dont have to waer uniforms to my school.
kazikame
ballista06 wrote:
I dont agree because, why should we wear uniforms?, its like putting a tag on us. Ia m lucky i dont have to waer uniforms to my school.


You already have a ****-load of tags on you anyway. Most schools just choose a generic blazer which looks like all the rest anyway.

Most, but not all. See my earlier comments about bright geen uniforms. >_>
Traveller
Srs2388 wrote:
NO because it is your own right to wear what you want
I don't know why people are trying to make you wear what threy want
it should be your choice.
but i will think this in any situation
exept things like marijuana being legalized. and uner aged drinking

The reason for these things is that the possession of rights is not a monolithic concept: when one has rights, one also has responsibilities. In this case, you have the right to pursue and education at a government or private school. Whichever school you attend, your right to that education is balanced by the responsibility to follow the rules of that school. If that school imposes a dress code of any kind, including uniforms, you have the responsibility to follow that code or you encounter the third concept that goes with rights and responsibilities: consequences for your actions.

Furthermore, the right to wear whatever you want is also subject to other responsibilities, such as the responsibility to obey the law. Thus, if you decide that your clothing for the day will be a single strip of Scotch tape, you will quickly learn (if you do go to school like that) that you have also violated your responsibility to obey the law against indecent exposure, and will suffer additional consequences.
CompactHaven
wendy86 wrote:
I agree that students should wear school uniform to school. I believe that by wearing uniform, students will be more even.

Sure, they could be more even, but they'll never be totally even. Some will still have crappy haircuts, some will have beautiful colors in their hair and some will have to live with ugly facial features or pimples. It's part of life. Everybody isn't equal.

[quote="wendy86"]

I agree students should wearing uniform because teacher will easily identify the students.
Quote:

Actually, the opposite is true. For example, at the park I noticed a friend just because he had a white undershirt hanging down lower than his overshirt. He was also wearing the same style pants he normally does. If everyone dresses the same there's less to look for to identify them.

[quote="wendy86"]Maybe all of the teachers will give up because there is no discipline in school. So by wearing uniform , it shows that the students of the school are well-disciplined. Are you agree will my opinion. If not what is you opinion?

In theory, that sounds great, but I just graduated high school, and we never had to wear uniforms like some private and public schools do. In fact, we hardly had a dress code and could wear hats. We were and still are one of the top schools in America in academics and behavior.
Andrew426
I think its a good idea.

Gives school pride and respect.
B0unc3
I think Uniforms at school is stupid man, we should dress like we want everywhere we go, i mean what's the thing about it. Do they think we are in prison? lol Anyways, i hope i've prooven a point to this topic. Later Very Happy
Mysterious Euphony
Although I despise my school uniform with a passion, I must say that I think wearing a uniform is a good concept. It identifies a body of pupils well, and occasionally enhances the reputation of the school that wears it.

I mean, it's school. Uniform is just ONE more constraint that we have to deal with. And unless you have an opulent and large wardrobe where you never wear something twice in a term or month, casual wear at school is just a little absurd. I am biased - I must admit that, having only worn casual clothing to school on mufti or fundraiser days which number about four to seven every year - but it's just my opinion. Smile
soulman
it's not necessary to wear uniform after high school, but before that, a uniform is a very good concept to help pupils to keep them concentrate on their study but not fashion, aviod them to have jealousness with others. Although some of the uniforms svck but you cannot choose to leave it...
Ducksteina
I'm against wearing uniforms at school.
Nobody should be allowed to decide how you look except you. Wearing an uniform makes you just like the other people - you can't express your personality if you wear the same like everybody else.
Also, a grey uniform makes even the most beautiful girl ugly.
-> wear whatever you want!
Nyizsa
I say that school uniforms are good, although I have never worn one. If you are proud of your school, it's a good thing to show the world that you attend to that particular school. If you hate it... that's an other story.
Also I think that it prevents turning the time in school into a "newer and more expensive clothes show-off".
And when working in a lab you ruin your uniform instead of your usually more expensive everyday clothes. (This may or may not apply to your country / school.)
Andrew426
I Just thought of something, while reading a few of these posts.

At my school (public All boys boarding/day school) theres no need to look good, theres no need to show off your clothes because theres noone to impress (Unless you happen to be gay, and I assume very few few students are - even tho I have my doubts about the boarders)

Based on what Iv seen on mufti/casual days, I wouldnt get any work done without uniforms because I would be laughng my arse off at the wannabe "gangstas" all wearing either blue or red and doing that flicky thing they try to do with their hands that looks like their having some kind of spasm.

It would also be distracting not having a uniform, ushually on mufti/casual days I do very little work and come home with movie quotes and song lyrics and the like written all up my shirt sleeve.
jharsika
Andrew426 wrote:
I Just thought of something, while reading a few of these posts.

At my school (public All boys boarding/day school) theres no need to look good, theres no need to show off your clothes because theres noone to impress (Unless you happen to be gay, and I assume very few few students are - even tho I have my doubts about the boarders)

Based on what Iv seen on mufti/casual days, I wouldnt get any work done without uniforms because I would be laughng my arse off at the wannabe "gangstas" all wearing either blue or red and doing that flicky thing they try to do with their hands that looks like their having some kind of spasm.

It would also be distracting not having a uniform, ushually on mufti/casual days I do very little work and come home with movie quotes and song lyrics and the like written all up my shirt sleeve.

offtopic moment: Everybody at my school knows how to do that. I hate it. It's stupid!

Come to think, at my school where we don't have uniforms, there's often a lot of weird stuff going on with clothing. Girls tryng to wear less and less. Punk-whatevers trying to wear more and more outrageous clothes. And then teachers like jumping at every 'offensive' saying. Once this really weird teacher told a kid to take off his shirt taht said "All my Heroes are Evil". With a uniform, you wouldn't get in trouble with dresscode issues and offending people.
hsadmin
wendy86 wrote:
I agree that students should wear school uniform to school. I believe that by wearing uniform, students will be more even though some students say it is such a hassle. I agree students should wearing uniform because teacher will easily identify the students. Images that there are no name tags, and students are wearing many types of cloth that follow the latest fashion. Maybe all of the teachers will give up because there is no discipline in school. So by wearing uniform , it shows that the students of the school are well-disciplined. Are you agree will my opinion. If not what is you opinion?


Are you kidding? We are having a dress code in our school region soon, and some kids are acctually moving away because of it. If you ask me, dress code is just another way of, how do I put this, NON-Independency.. I mean, dressing every kid the same??? Kids should be able to express thereselves with close, not just with words, or there hairstyle, or makeup.. I think it is very cruel for people to have to wear the same thing... I mean, I can pick out my friends but there shirt.. In the morning I see them, and for the whole day, I'll know who I'm trying to find... But, with dress code, if someone had the same hair, you would come up behind them, and start talkin to them, to realize it's really not who you thought it was.. but then again, that's just from my point of view..
wsco
I agree ==> students should wear school uniform to school. Laughing
jharsika
hsadmin wrote:

Are you kidding? We are having a dress code in our school region soon, and some kids are acctually moving away because of it. If you ask me, dress code is just another way of, how do I put this, NON-Independency.. I mean, dressing every kid the same??? Kids should be able to express thereselves with close, not just with words, or there hairstyle, or makeup.. I think it is very cruel for people to have to wear the same thing... I mean, I can pick out my friends but there shirt.. In the morning I see them, and for the whole day, I'll know who I'm trying to find... But, with dress code, if someone had the same hair, you would come up behind them, and start talkin to them, to realize it's really not who you thought it was.. but then again, that's just from my point of view..


Ok Let's clarify, dress code is not the same thing as uniforms! A dress code is just rules that say, you can't wear hats, or your skirt can't be yay short, and you can't have spaghettie straps or shirts with offensive logos etc. While uniforms is like every one wears a set of the same type of suit, whether skirt, jacket, pants, sweater or whatever. Having a dress code is EXREMELY reasonable. You're just kids! You shouldn't be dressing like prostitutes, strippers, or sporting shirts that say "Hitler is cool" etc. [Of course you should never do that but anyways]. Uniforms are just a step up from a dress code. Even with uniforms there would still be a dress code. They would tell you how you have to wear the uniform....without these rules expressly stated I know several people who would take advantage of it, and change their uniforms.
AR Styles
yeah why not..its important...in a unifrom a student looks decent and it represents the school so its important
girlcalledjay
My school had uniforms and I never had a problem with it. All the kids looked the same and there was not obvious separation between the kids with the cool clothes and the not so cool kids.

Also it identified us as members of a specific school community and I think, in lots of situations, made us think twice about what we were doing when we were out and about in uniform.

Another plus is that we never had to get up in the morning and wonder what the hell to put on!!!
chargoyle
In an ideal society, uniforms are great. They give a sense of consistency to all of the students and help keep kids from being judged by their clothes. However, this isn't a perfect society. While a student would ideally express themselves by joining a club or taking a class office or something, most kids express themselves by their dress because it is something that everyone can readily see. Uniforms aren't going to eliminate cliques, peer pressure and social groups. While it does seem beneficial on the surface, most kids won't take to uniforms happily and most won't see the use of consistency and unity in a school. At a time when children most are finding out their place in the world and how they will fit in, a need for individuality cannot be discarded.
mjohnson
Before I am a college students I like wear uniform,nowadys when I browse my old photos,I can recall all the past happy days.
Lied
As far as i am concerned it depends.If the uniforms are like japanise anime i would not have a problem ware uniform since the girls would ware skirts and high shocks. Laughing Laughing

Tho, i consider dress code right.Recently in my country a dress code for all schools was impide.Even so nobody go with it because the dress code,dispite having some meaningful articles,it also includes restictions about sexy underware and hair gel.So nobody can take this order seriously and the teachers cannot realy say "you must remove your string" Cool
crimson_aria
As for me, I prefer students to wear uniforms (though I donít like my uniform that much). It identifies them as such and it looks more decent. Itís good once in a while to wear the clothes you want in school though. Smile
Nuetral
i would have to say no. no because everyone has a right to where what ever they want i can see why some schools would want to do this because of how should i say "bad shirts"
lors
I don't think kids should have to wear uniforms, they should be able to express themselves by what they wear and wear what they like and what looks good and is comfortable to them.
adamh1989
i dont think we shold but still i dont need worry i at college now
themik
You said:
Are you kidding? We are having a dress code in our school region soon, and some kids are acctually moving away because of it. If you ask me, dress code is just another way of, how do I put this, NON-Independency.. I mean, dressing every kid the same??? Kids should be able to express thereselves with close, not just with words, or there hairstyle, or makeup.. I think it is very cruel for people to have to wear the same thing... I mean, I can pick out my friends but there shirt.. In the morning I see them, and for the whole day, I'll know who I'm trying to find... But, with dress code, if someone had the same hair, you would come up behind them, and start talkin to them, to realize it's really not who you thought it was.. but then again, that's just from my point of view..

But i desagree. You know why i think...
meet in rio
Yes, as long as the uniform is comfortable and practical.

A uniform is a great leveller and makes it harder to judge peers based on appearance. It also keeps you from having to decide what to wear every morning and helps you to be less self-conscious about your appearance.

Having experienced both, I'd definitely say a well-designed uniform.

Yes, it did annoy me when I was told by a uniform nazi to change out of the 'wrong shirt' or that I had holes in my pantyhose, but most of the teachers were sympathetic if wanted to wear a shirt of a different material or a necklace, as long as it preserved the general look of the uniform.
Jack_Hammer
We wear school uniforms in England, it is a lot better for equality, but like everything has it's dis-advantages.
bigdan
I think wearing a school uniform is, on the whole, is a good idea.

Let's face it, you can't exactly wear what you want in the world of business and employment, you might as well get used to it.

When I was in my last year of high school, our school introduced a new tie, as an optional piece of school uniform, and the majority of us wore it without being told to.
frozenhead
Well, based on my experience, I got no problems wearing uniforms (grade and high school days). What's good about it is you dont have any problems what to wear. Wink
healyrj
Good question! One we could spend hours talking about. As a teacher, I guess I have no objection to a student not wearing a uniform. It is a matter of a student presenting neatly and I guess the student's behaviour and academic work is the most important thing while they are at school. Really uniform is pretty immaterial compared with the much bigger issues at play in a school.
kingvarun
I agree that we should wear school uniform because atleast we can save ourselves from being judged by other people who think they are too cool
quartnee
I've experienced both sides: wearing uniforms and not having to, and in the end I have to say I prefer uniforms. I'll admit at first it was nice to be able to "express" myself through my clothing, but then it became a hassle when I had to start waking up earlier and earlier each morning, and wasting time at night to figure out what I would wear tomorrow. With a uniform I already know what I'm going to wear, so I can spend more time sleeping in or staying up.

Another thing is that people say that it is more expensive, well yes, orginally it's more expensive, but when you factor in the amount you spend on "back-to-school" clothes, doesn't it cost the same? Also, if you wanna agrue that once your done with that school you can't wear it anymore, well most of the time the school or uniform depot will buy it back at close to the orginal price.

Also, the "your taking away their chance to express themselves", who are you expressing yourself to? It sounds as if your agruging because you can't advertise your personality. It's not that bad, as someone stated before, if you want to express yourself, do it through some other creative way such as writing or designing.

But I will knock out one myth about uniforms, the one were every expects that putting a school in uniform will automatically bring "good" behavior. Not so true, there are as many "bad" children at my private school than there were at my public school. Public schools just get more media attention because it's well, public and involes taxpayers money.
jongoldsz
No we shouldn't. Didn't we have a thread like this a few months ago.
xkobram
NO!NO!NO! Imagine: I want to go to Fun-Park in another town. I end school at 15:10. SO Do I have take bus home which takes 30 minutes, take off my school uniform, 30 minutes back and 45 minutes to funpark? Or can i just go to funpark from school? Should i go to fun-park in school uniform? I realy like not wearing school uniform...
arjay
There is one post that brought up the idea that wearing a school uniform removes oneís right of personal expression. Shocked When you attend a school, you do it for education and not for partying. You can always express yourself and your individual ideologies with your uniform on. If you want to disobey the schoolís standard on proper school uniform then you should not be in that school on the first place. Wink

I have been to both types of school Ė with school uniform and with no school uniform. I still prefer the former - the school which has good rules in uniforms. The reasons? First, uniformity of clothes, thus removing the poor-rich disparity that sometimes influences the very core system of education. 2nd, discipline Ė the advantage is not so visible when you are still inside your school. But the character that you carries when you are out of that school and the habit of keeping oneself respectable stay. 3rd, let us give our school itís identity and let us make ourselves proud wearing the uniform of the institution that will mold us to be good citizens of our community now and in the future. If we canít respect our uniform then there is no way we can respect our school, and when we canít respect our school we canít respect ourselves while inside that institution - so be sure before trashing your uniform, you are out of that school for good because your uniform represents your school as much as you are representing your school. Very Happy

Shame on you By the way, if your reason why you donít like wearing school uniform is your inability to bring fashion in the school then there will always a place for that. Think You can start partying after and outside the school. If you canít do that, you might as well bring homeworks to parties and see how you feel. Razz Lols.
amusic
Students should wear uniform to school until they are in the high school. Small kids should be controlled by introducing wearing uniform in school because they are still kids and cannot think wisely. When they grow bigger, I think wearing uniform is not necessary anymore.
Davidgr1200
When I was at school (admittedly that was a number of years ago) there were a few kids who liked school uniforms and a vocal few who disliked them. However, the vast majority didn't care at all. I would expect that the situation is pretty much the same today. I expect kids are more anxious about their mobile phones than the clothes they wear to school.
triggerhappy
i do not think uniform is a good shcool thing i'm glad my school does not have uniform rules otherwise everyone would be in black and white ties and suits and creepy stuff like that Smile
matttai
I think a uniform is a good thing that will help to establish identity and image in a student and their school. Plus students would be less inclined to be nasty as a uniform makes them alot more readily identifiable.
Andrew426
I read these "students should be allowed to express themselves through what they wear" posts and I begin to wonder.

People dont go to school to express themselves, they go to school to learn.
Uniforms aid learning as well as self respect, and they also make the school look good.

It also helps prevent violence, mostly from wannabe "gangstas" who believe they are part of the "crips" or the "bloods" and show this by wearing all one color, calling each other "nigga" and trying to beat each other up - If they all wear the same color (at my school its grey) they are less identifyable.
Rmgk
School Uniform FTW
poisonhzkj
i went to high school in china ...the uniform of that school is very ugly...
so i refuse to wear it everyday ... i had thought out many reason for my action..
silvermesh
Uniforms are another way for kids to never grow up. if you become one of the mass, you never have to stand up for yourself as an individual. I think this sort of thing is detrimental to society as a whole. It's getting to the point where kids don't even grow up by the time they've graduated from college. when are they to grow up?

choices have consequences, this is real life. the more choices you give to the kids when they're in highschool, the more they will learn how to make the right ones. it starts even so simple as what clothes to wear.
Tvis
I would say, it would be a good idea to put uniforms. The point is that in Holland (where I went to school) there are no uniforms. This means that the children have to be dressed according to the latest fashion. That is not an obligation of course, but as a kid you might fall outside of the group wearing old fashioned clothes or no-brands. Particuarely when parents do not have the money to put their kids in the best clothes. With uniforms parents do not have to buy their children that many clothes and within the school everybody is equal.
izimngcubes15
Yes, since dress code is not working at all, and some of the clothes they wear is not appropriate for anything. It's so disgusting. Uniforms should change it. And it looks sophisticated Smile
mying
wendy86 wrote:
I agree that students should wear school uniform to school. I believe that by wearing uniform, students will be more even though some students say it is such a hassle. I agree students should wearing uniform because teacher will easily identify the students. Images that there are no name tags, and students are wearing many types of cloth that follow the latest fashion. Maybe all of the teachers will give up because there is no discipline in school. So by wearing uniform , it shows that the students of the school are well-disciplined. Are you agree will my opinion. If not what is you opinion?

I am agree too with you opinion.... :p
38club
wendy86 wrote:
I agree that students should wear school uniform to school. I believe that by wearing uniform, students will be more even though some students say it is such a hassle. I agree students should wearing uniform because teacher will easily identify the students. Images that there are no name tags, and students are wearing many types of cloth that follow the latest fashion. Maybe all of the teachers will give up because there is no discipline in school. So by wearing uniform , it shows that the students of the school are well-disciplined. Are you agree will my opinion. If not what is you opinion?


yap... i am agree with you opinion...
THE11thROCKô
Civilian clothes or casual wear will do. I just agree with uniforms for disciplinary purposes. Well as the word "uniform" says, it's good for an institution to have one form especially with the clothing.
Icantation
Tvis wrote:
I would say, it would be a good idea to put uniforms. The point is that in Holland (where I went to school) there are no uniforms. This means that the children have to be dressed according to the latest fashion. That is not an obligation of course, but as a kid you might fall outside of the group wearing old fashioned clothes or no-brands. Particuarely when parents do not have the money to put their kids in the best clothes. With uniforms parents do not have to buy their children that many clothes and within the school everybody is equal.

I strongly have to agree. Some kids wear really weird clothes, and we have to be FORMAL in school. Wink
lujango
well, if u wear uniform, u can maintain ur daily clothes clean. but booooring would be...
Stef1508
I think uniforms are a good idea - even though my schools is really strict. Last time we had a non-uniform day we did nothing but mess about.

That said we don't have to wear uniforms on long school trips such as overnight ones.

At my academy in the UK the uniform is:
grey trousers
shirt (top button has to be done)
black shoes (has to be shoes no trainers)
tie (has to be all the way to the top and end before the waist but after the chest)
and
school blazer (not allowed to be taken off)
we also have an optional V-neck sweater and don't even get me started on the PE kit!

Thats a topic, if you agree with uniforms what about PE kit?
McDucque
I definitely agree with school uniforms, though I don't believe they should be so stuffy... the general american school uniform is polo shirts, khaki pants, skirts, etc... dress it down a bit, to maybe a non-graphic solid color tee, same rules with the pants.

One day a month, you can wear what you want... within reason of course... I remember my local high school girls... yeesh.
SpellcasterDX
I disagree. Wearing uniforms sucks because we all have to buy and wear the same old same old clothes every day. Dressing how you want is a big way to express yourself and show your individuality.
McDucque
The average cost of traditional uniform clothing for an entire week (3complete outfits) is less than the average person would spend on one outfit or a fair pair of sneakers.

Talking to people and not learning about people based upon the stupid unfunny junk on their chest used to be the best way to discover individuality.

True, someone wearing a shirt that says "Dumb people are stupid" saves me a lot of time in realizing I never want to talk to them ever again.
rheanna
Absolutely not! I think it is a bad idea. People need to express themselves. I know some get carried away with it but I don't think it should be mandatory.
deanhills
School uniforms always look good. Gives a sense of formality to attending school. Looks really neat. It also simplifies wardrobes and has a certain amount of dignity to it. Only part that is important though is that the school should choose a design that is affordable and low cost. Some schools have uniforms and blazers that really cost a lot of money, including sports clothing, and make this very expensive for parents who already have to face the burden of school fees.
myleshi
Some arguments for school uniforms:
Save money on clothing, uniforms will cut down on teasing and cliques, schools will be safe from outsiders, parents will no longer have to buy designer labels, and uniforms will separate the public schools from the catholic/private schools.

Some arguments against school uniforms:
Uniforms ultimately cost more, uniforms do not teach children how to deal with people who are different then themselves, cliques will still form, it is impossible to prevent all outside intrusion, children will still ask for designer labels for outside of school clothing. (Uniforms will not make this issue go away.), if you need uniforms to distinguish between public and catholic/private schools it's time to re-evaluate where your child is going, and uniforms teach children that in order to get along everyone must conform to the same standards.

My personal opinion is that school uniforms are fine. It cuts down on clothing costs for the child and everyone is dressed relatively the same in school.
Crinoid
I'm favoring the uniforms use in the school: less social stratification, based on parents' income.

Also, they are not of the bright colors, that distracts from concentration on learning. Many working places have the proper dress code, and employee, freely expressing itself by wearing Hawaiian shirt and shorts (or cork helmet), or blood red low cut clingy dress (and feathers in hair), will not last long there. Attending the school (or kindergarten earlier), is also the job-like inclusion of the individuals in the fabric of society. Adapting to this is not less important, than learning calculus.

Another version is prolonging childhood: do what child wants, when it wants and how it wants. Until adult "child" accustomed to the right to express itself freely as the first and foremost right enters employment and faces the rude awakening by the realities of life.

Both points of view are valid, and from the point of view of human rights and freedoms, it will be better to have a possibility to choose, which system to enter. But this is unlikely to happen for economical reasons.

As a user of school and other uniforms in the past, I strongly disliked sexual discrimination in uniforms, low quality and uncomfortable design (I'm talking about brown dresses and aprons for the girls, not the blazers, white shirts and ties). When temporary switch to the new kind on uniform was made, multipart uniforms were much more comfortable, and they were of the more neutral colors.

I remember the situation, when someone used the warm sweater of the bright spotty colors. Teacher asked then, what this one was thinking: will it be easy for the people, sitting behind, to concentrate on what was written on the desk, instead of involuntary drawing eyes to this piece of art and thinking about anything else, but mathematics. Also the valid point.

Some people are trying to make a progress in school, while some others come to the school, because they have to do that. And right of the ones to freely express themselves shouldn't interfere with rights of the others to get education. Also a valid point.

Again, the best way would be to have a possibility to choose, which system to attend, so everyone could pursue own rights without interfering with the rights of the others. And again, this is unlikely to happen for economic reasons.
vvforgs
[quote="hsadmin"]
wendy86 wrote:
I agree that students should wear school uniform to school. I believe that by wearing uniform, students will be more even though some students say it is such a hassle. I agree students should wearing uniform because teacher will easily identify the students. Images that there are no name tags, and students are wearing many types of cloth that follow the latest fashion. Maybe all of the teachers will give up because there is no discipline in school. So by wearing uniform , it shows that the students of the school are well-disciplined. Are you agree will my opinion. If not what is you opinion?


Alot of children don't like wearing school uniform, but for all the years i was at school I didn't mind it. Uniforms are better as it makes the pupils look less scruffy, and it shows that they belong to the school.
I also agree that it stops people being descriminated against because of what they wear, and also, that school uniforms are good because they have loads of pockets to put stuff in.
Sphaerenkern
Uniforms decrease the expressed individuality. I can understand why they use them in the army, but I wouldn't want to have them in school (I'm glad we didn't have them in school).
Wearing uniforms so people don't discriminate each other because of their clothing doesn't solve the problem. You only avoid it. The kids should rather learn to not discriminate each other instead of being deprived of the chance to do it.
saratdear
My school requires students to wear uniforms, and I think it is the best idea.

Uniforms...well, make sure that everyone looks uniform, and makes sure that people don't dress up as they like. I am not saying that everyone does, but you could wear exposing clothes, and the institution will have to control that, which, more or less, means the idea behind uniforms.

Also, different people may have different colour senses, and what may seem appealing to one may seem revolting to another. And people usually don't like being ridiculed about their tastes and fashion sense.

Also, uniforms can hide disparities between rich kids and children from places of limited means. It would seem bad to the poor kid as well.

Just my 2 cents.
Guelila
I have been to school requiring uniform and others that dont, and i must admit that i prefer no uniforms...

Its so much more comfortable to wear whatever I feel like wearing.
As long as the restrictions are low, i prefer non-uniform clothing
miacps
I had to wear uniforms in 8th grade and it was a real pain. The uniforms were terribly uncomfortable and I don't know of any student that actually liked wearing them. Ever try sitting still and concentrating countless hours in itchy, ugly clothes? Uniforms.. Not talking
sondosia
No. In real life, people aren't all the same. They don't look the same, they don't think the same, they don't act the same...if school is to teach kids ANYTHING about life after graduation, uniforms cannot be instated. If the administration is too lazy to discipline students who dress inappropriately, that's THEIR problem. Let the vast majority who dress correctly be allowed to wear what they want.

Furthermore, administrators should not fool themselves thinking that uniforms would prevent cliques and bullying. These things are caused by the personalities and behaviors of students, not by what they wear. However, what they wear is influenced by their personalities, obviously, so that's where that misconception comes from.

Just to clarify, I'm a senior in high school. I've spent twelve years in public schools, observing the way things work. I'm annoyed by the fact that these kinds of decisions are made by people who have not been teenagers for decades, and see school through the lens of their own administrative position.
bleizer
Uniforms are useful in some way. Like having no one special between kids. They believe they are all the same, and no one is better than anyone. It's good then you want to teach kids by experience.

On the other hand, i don't like those uniforms Smile
Firilacroco
I have to wear an uniform, but I hate it. I don't like to wear the same clothes 100000..000 times.
JoshuAAR
I had to wear a uniform to my high school, and at the time i didn't like it very much. But now that I'm going to college and i wear normal everyday clothes it is actually a bit of extra hassle. I'm a guy and i still find myself wondering about what I'm going to wear. With a uniform its simple, and nobody can judge you on how you look and what brand you are sporting (like most school kids do).
Entrepod
Well, wearing uniforms do help to keep a school look organised and joined together as a single body of students. Its as if it represents the unity of everyone in school. It is also a way of recognition of each child and teenaher, one look at the uniform and you can immediately tell the school which he/she is from.

Of course there are many other disadvantages, such as students not wearing their uniforms properly, or pupils who are wearing the uniform does bad deeds outside of school, causing the reputation of the school to drop dramatically due to this 1 or 2 students.

Overall, I think students SHOULD wear uniforms to schools. Although at a teenager's age, everyone would want to dress up and look nice, however, thats not the main purpose of the school is it? Wearing a uniform makes everyone looking the same, resulting in a so called "fair" treatment. This is so that if students would have to wear uniforms, those students from low income families would not look too shabby or feel lousy if they were allowed to wear their home clothes, as usually pupils from high income families would wear all those high class clothing and look glamarous compared to the poor students, as if they were inferior to them.
neji
Well, first of all this is my opinion...
In our country school uniforms aren't weared at all.

Some people say that wearing a school uniform could stop bullying about cloths etc.
Well if I'm right, the bully is someone with "cool" clothes.

If everyone wears the same uniform (to show that they have dicipline,...) they will just start bullying people who HAVEN'T that uniform.

(other schools,.. Stuff AFTER scool, not in school.)

You are just moving the bully problems from in-school to out-school and that's much more worse I think. But again, that's my opinion of someone who never had to wear a uniform and never know someone in my enviroment.
ericf
The way it worked with me is that I had uniforms in middle school and we got to wear anything we wanted in high school. (In the school I attended previously -- a private school, we had no uniforms)

I think it depends a lot on the location of the school and the circumstances surrounding the culture there. If there will be bullying at a school because a kid isn't wearing the latest fashion or whatever, then maybe it's a good idea. It's also useful for spotting kids who shouldn't be at the school in the first place (which was actually a problem at my middle school and high school -- kids would go to the school to hang out with the friends, ditching their other school)

But anyway, the point is... it really wasn't necessary at the private school I went to, because the classes were small and for the most part, the kids were friendly. At my middle school, it was a great idea and even then, no matter how dorky I felt, I thought it was a good idea. My middle school was a place where you wouldn't want to be bullied.

But of course, sometimes it is a hassle. When this goes into effect, the school should definitely have a plan for students who can't afford to buy the new uniforms. No policy should go into effect without this plan.

I don't think there's a way to have a blanket answer for all schools, but things need to be taken a look at on a school-to-school basis.
rajupp
as the name suggests, uniforms are meant to bring uniformity amongst children. Why children? cos at that young age, kids are more prone to succumb to comparisons and distinctiveness between rich and poor, which is really wrong.
Atleast here in India, uniforms in schools have proved to be a way t tackle the distinctiveness between rich and poor kids.
ptfrances
Yes I agree with rajupp and I don't like this idea of uniformity. I think that school is the place where children are going to shape their character and clothes are part of this character.
Arrow
missdixy
I'm all for uniforms in elementary and middle schools. Not sure about the higher ages (15-18ish). Small children can be cruel to others who may not be able to afford as pretty/expensive clothes. Uniforms help alleviate this problem some. Sure, there will be some people in higher grades who might make fun of someone for having shitty/non-label/old clothes or whatever, but from my experience it's really not as many teenagers who act like that.
norbert1
yes, much cheaper and prevents bullying because of clothing
hofodomo01
Only if they're provided by the state. Depending on where this is to be implemented, it would be a problem for poorer families (and uniforms can be quite expensive as well). Put in the context of the US, uniforms can run around $150 - $250. That money can be worth nothing to some, but a fortune to others.
Name_Pending
I live in Australia now and here basically every school has uniforms and I like it. I lived in Canada until I was 18 and when I was younger I went to a private school with uniforms until grade 12 when I went to a public school. I think I prefer the uniforms because it just makes things easier. Your not trying to put together oufits or worry about how your dressed. It also helps with discipline, for most students their first job will require wearing a uniform everyday.
Donutey
In hindsight I think I would have preferred a uniform of some sort, although none of my schools required it. I believe it would have simplified things, socially and economically.
watersoul
I think uniforms are good, in my school the kids who's parents were poor didn't have to deal with insults about their clothes because the uniform was provided free to them and everyone dressed the same
vineeth
Uniforms are good, according to my opinion. The best part of this is that the sutdents of the same class, college or course will fell unity among themselves if they are in uniforms. There won't be any visible mark of rich and poor students and you just can't identify the status of any student just by looking at them.

But I would say that the uniforms should be supplied by the institution at a nominal cost, atleast less compared to open market to all the students so that the unity will be further enhanced. It is also suggested that they should use eco-friendly, cost effective materials for giving some consideration for the mother earth and community as a whole.
Tphilakone
I agree with Vineeth but if we are live in civilize country uniform not need anymore
biljap
While I was in school there were no school uniforms. Iím not sure about that idea, sometimes I think that it would be much better if everybody has same clothing. I sow a lot of girls having problems because they didnít have cloths that is popular enough to make (and keep) friends at the class. I think this is very wrong and sad.

On the other hand, having a chance to wear something you like and that represents you as a person is niceÖ Though, you can wear what ever you like after classes Wink

I donít know, wearing uniforms might be better. Having several types of uniforms to choose from would be even better Wink
ashish2005
When I was in school I had to wear this stupid school uniform. For 10 years in the same school I had to wear the same uniform. It was so boring wearing the same uniform everyday for 10 years. The same light blue shirt, grey pants, grey socks, black shoes and a stupid looking blue tie on my neck. I really hated wearing that uniform, So I think that there should not be any uniforms for school children. They should have the freedom to wear what they want.

In college now I do not have to wear any uniform and it totally rocks. I am free to wear what I want and it seems that the burden of wearing school uniform is finally over. But then there are days when we have to dress up formally (during presenatations). But those days are also more exciting because since we do not wear formals everyday, wearing them for a day is fun.
burntup56
I had to wear a uniform at school and now that im in college and starting to go into the business world I think it helped me out alot with knowing how to dress in business attire.

Also I already have a large wardrobe of shirts and ties because my highschool required pants, button up shirt, and a tie.
Zombie
I think you should only have to wear the school uniform if you want to... teenage life is all about expressing yourself as an individual right? How can you show your individuality if you all look the same??
razhan
all have pro and contra.. let say if we wear the uniform to school.. the pro is, even we dont wash cloth for week, people dont care, cause we wear uniform... if we can wear anyting, the negative side is we need to plan what to wear everyday..
Futile
There is nothing wrong with wearing uniforms. I wore uniforms when I attended school and it didnít bother me or hinder me from expressing myself. School is for learning and getting an education, not a fashion show or platform to make a social statement. Wearing a school uniform does not deny you your self -expression or individualism. As several people posted school is school whether you are wearing a uniform or not there will still be the jocks, the nerds, the cool kids, the not cool kids, the Goths or whatever clique you claim The social, individual structure is still there. Uniforms provide a sense of structure and unity whether it is believed or not.
I have taught both middle school and high school and seen students assaulted because of different clothing, shoes and colors. True, uniforms may be uncomfortable, ugly and plain. But they serve a purpose.
TheLastKnight
There'd be nothing wrong with it really. Only if you were to do any sports or anything, cause then you'd have more uniforms to wear. It would probably get hectic
pretty-dreamz
I don't think we should be wearing uniforms because, like 5 years later (in England) we don't need uniforms no more. And they are also expensive you know. And then you throw them away.
pmehta51
Yes, we should wear uniform to school. Do we know what is purpose for this. The purpose is to establish that we all are same. We go to school to study and not to show our status. And student who are young human being they have to learn to accept all type of people in society. So wearing uniform is kind of establishing that all human are equal and they learn to accept all kind of people. Also student can focus on learning than showing up their status. Young minds are very sensitive. And imprints are made at that level stays for lifetime. So it is good if they learn good things when they are young.
raine dragon
We had a dress code while I was in school. No hats. No gang/drug/alcohol paraphernalia, nothing that promoted self harm or illegal activity. No nudity depicted on clothing. Shorts and skirts had to be to the finger-tips and bare midriffs were discourages. Weapons were not permitted as jewelry. Feet could not be bare. Boys must wear shirts during school hours. (boys were permitted to not wear shirts in some sport practices after school in the hotter months)

Quite honestly? I saw a few issues with girls who were wearing too little, but they would be sent down to the gym and given a gym uniform and told they must change, and were given detention. At my school, being forced to wear a uniform was a punishment for those who couldn't obey the dress code.

I prefer not having uniforms. It makes people so much easier to find. Like my friends could find me from the back easily because I had a very bright scarf, and some of my friends I recognized more quickly based on their clothes. I went to a large school, and there were always a ton of people packed anywhere, so it was helpful to have them not look like a sea of the same colors.

Honestly, while I see some advantages to uniforms, I think that students learn a lot by wearing their own clothes. they learn how to dress in an appropriate manner, and how to interpret what their peers opinions are on those things. Then, when they get into the real world and go into the office, they already have this understanding of right clothes for the right time, without someone telling them "this is what you wear". They will just notice other people, and copy, or notice other people's reactions and adjust.
hofodomo01
It's also a factor that western culture promotes individuality, and potrays standing out as a good thing (within reason, of course). For example, some Asian cultures, especially Japan, discourage individualism, and see one's attempt to "stand out" in a negative light instead. Thus a possible reason nobody has ever voice a concern about mandatory uniforms in public schools there...
YungGunz
I have witnessed a shoot-out because of "Someone had the better version of Air Jordans", and to me it is quite insulting that fellow Humans could act so.....inhumane. It sickens me to think that somewhere in African countries, children tote around AK47's and slaughter one-another because of the simple reason of "He has clothes, and I want them".
carlospro7
I went to a school where we had to dress in uniform, and then later moved to a district where schools did not have that rule. They had bigger issues with dress codes than my first school. In my first school, if you didn't have your uniform on, you simply could not come into the building. I thought it was great when I didn't have to wear a uniform to class, but then again I hated having to pick clothes to wear, whereas before you only had to wear the same thing. I think both have their advantages.
jsarnold
As a teacher I have worked in schools that have uniforms and those that haven't. I have also been in schools which normally have a uniform, but a few times a year they have a mufti day (non uniform).

I always wore a uniform at school myself, and didn't have a problem with it.

As a teacher I have certainly preferred the uniformed schools. Not only does everyone look tidier, but there is less competition and bickering. Those from poorer backgrounds are less likely to stand out and be picked on.

Having said that, a lot does depend on the uniform itself.

I worked at a girls' school which had a very unflattering uniform, and strict rules on no makeup. Although the girls didn't think a lot of this in many ways, it did make them all look like children - rather than prostitutes.

Not many miles away was a girls' school run by a former army officer who designed the uniform himself. The skirt was so short that almost nothing was left to the imagination. As a parent I would have been appalled.

So sometimes it can work, and in other cases it can work against the best interests of everyone. It does largely depend on the uniform in question.
RubySlasher
Yes, especially if the uniforms looked something like this:




Then you'd have kids enrolling into the school left and right, just for the chance to wear such awesome clothing in public and with a decent excuse, too.

"HAHA, what's up with that gay getup?"

"Um, I have to wear it. It's my school uniform."

"Oh... ...Hey, where's your school, and does it cost to enroll?"
HamsterMan
I agree that you should have the freedom to choose whatever clothes you see fit.
Kids should also learn to express, and think for themselfes, not comforming to one single standard.

With my HORRIBLE facial recognition skill, I'm really happy that we don't wore uniforms here.
rajupp
ptfrances wrote:
Yes I agree with rajupp and I don't like this idea of uniformity. I think that school is the place where children are going to shape their character and clothes are part of this character.
Arrow

ahhh.. glad you agree with me Very Happy cheers mate!!!
Shazephre
wendy86 wrote:
I agree that students should wear school uniform to school. I believe that by wearing uniform, students will be more even though some students say it is such a hassle. I agree students should wearing uniform because teacher will easily identify the students. Images that there are no name tags, and students are wearing many types of cloth that follow the latest fashion. Maybe all of the teachers will give up because there is no discipline in school. So by wearing uniform , it shows that the students of the school are well-disciplined. Are you agree will my opinion. If not what is you opinion?


No! They can't say to stop bullying because of the way someone dresses because that happens anyway =/ Who cares if they can't identify their students... Just easier to bunk lessons ^^
nigam
Yes. It is really nice to see students wearing uniform. Aside from they are neat to look, you will distinguish if he/she is a student or not. As a parent, I would love to see my child wearing his uniform.
codyb113
IMO...
Our parents pay for us to go to public school...Meaning we shouldn't have to wear a certain suit..
On the other hand i can see if it were in private school...Then yes.
James_Hicks
It's just another form of control. With simple uniforms so people cannot express their views or fashion. Simple outfits help to ensure simple minds. That's why the USA is near the very bottom of the educational process globally. The US government wishes to keep their sheep grazing so they won't think. It's plain as day. A wolf can snatch a sheep whilst the other sheep move out of its way and continue grazing. Uniform enforcement is no different from the Chinese Zhongshan suit. Last time I checked the United States of America wasn't into enforcing communist views and ways of life. I just thought the United States was turning into a fascist police state... Woe is me.
amitniec
I think that uniform should me made compulsory in schools. With the school uniform discipline comes. All the students are being identified easily outside the school and in other events also. If the uniform will not be there the students will follow fashion trends school which will not bw good for school decpline.
kristine
i agree of wearing school uniform.You look student on it people respect that your a student with pride and dignity.
Kekku
In Finland we don't have school uniforms, what is maybe good thing. But i really wanna come some school which have uniforms. It looks nice.
AlcatrazAgony
Nver in your life should you need a uniform. Watching how a student dresses and performs his/her clothong shows a unique side of that one student. It will show alot about them.
wellerchap
wendy86 wrote:
I agree that students should wear school uniform to school.


I agree fully....it helps to instill discipline & a sense of pride in ones school, aswell as cutting out all the opportunity for kids to ridicule other kids as they don't have the "right" jeans / trainers / labelled t-shirts etc.
Branded clothing as status symbols have caused endless problems in the way kids are seen by their peers.
torboxz
i live in a country which require students to wear uniform to go to schools. only on primary and secondary school (up to ages 17) not our colleges or university. do you believe that school uniform lets student, especially girls, vulnerable to sexual harassment/attack? i didn't think so if the uniform is decent enough.
linkmenot
I think not. It should be a personal choice. That will symbolise our freedom.

wendy86 wrote:
I agree that students should wear school uniform to school. I believe that by wearing uniform, students will be more even though some students say it is such a hassle. I agree students should wearing uniform because teacher will easily identify the students. Images that there are no name tags, and students are wearing many types of cloth that follow the latest fashion. Maybe all of the teachers will give up because there is no discipline in school. So by wearing uniform , it shows that the students of the school are well-disciplined. Are you agree will my opinion. If not what is you opinion?
torboxz
it's true that it symbolize our freedom, but to a certain degree, sometimes we should have something in common to show that we belongs together and to restrict student from dressing inappropriately, well students do need to concentrate on studies, don't they? how can they concentrate if those dresses stealing their attention. we should think about those teachers too.
PatTheGreat42
Uniforms suck.
PatTheGreat42
To be more specific, one of the arguments I hear for uniforms is that they make it so the underprivelaged kids or whatever that can't afford all the coolest clothes can look like everybody else. But uniforms are freakin' expensive, and they have to look really good or else you still stick out. A ratty uniform can't be hip or cool, it can only be ratty because your mom can only afford to buy you one polo shirt and a pair of slacks. The Goodwill look is the in thing these days.
shikukustars
i enjoy wearing school uniform, as it gives me a sense of school pride or if im getting mugged only because of my uniform (not really but hear me out). also its good to look smart and the best bit is when u know u have the freedom of wearing ur own clothes on the weekend whereas with no uniform there is no freedom...theres my random rant!
torboxz
shikukustars wrote:
i enjoy wearing school uniform, as it gives me a sense of school pride or if im getting mugged only because of my uniform (not really but hear me out). also its good to look smart and the best bit is when u know u have the freedom of wearing ur own clothes on the weekend whereas with no uniform there is no freedom...theres my random rant!


Nice. It makes sense. If you can wear your clothes whenever you like, it's doesn't feel like freedom, it's just normal, just like breathing, you breath all the time. But with restriction, there's freedom! Nice shikukustars!
KronikSindrome
I'll tell ya what they should make kids wear to school.
Burlap sacks. That's right - burlap sacks.



I mean sure, they are itchy and uncomfortable as hell(o).
Which may or may not be a distraction during class - but
then when they scored well they could reward them with
a few days of coton wear. It's the whole with-hold and reward
theory, I think it would improve dedication emensely.

Then there is the 'social' aspect of wearing burlap sacks,
everyone would look like chit and therefore couldn't make
fun of others for their atire - plus they'd be way too miserable
to muster the effort to make fun of eachother. 'Cause we all
know the new generations means of apraising their peers value
isn't based on actual acheivement, displays of oustanding
character, nor even in a superficial assesment of physical composure...

no...no.....it's a monetary quality placed upon a name alone supported "label".

yeah! chya.....so anyway....

I say we send the lil brats to school in burlap sacks...
if they wanna express individuality they can get a
feckin hobby. And if they want to be proud of their
monetary status, they can get a damn job and buy
their own damn clothes.

other non related thoughts on uniforms....? yes....

they are hella sexy:





Subaru
Last photo is IMO the best Wink
ahem
Uniforms are good thing but if it is composed with some knowledge...
1) Uniform is not 200% formal...just some things like uhm...I will say jacket because I can't find good word...but I hope You know what I mean - not too much Cool
2) What about price??? what to do with those uhm children/kids/people that don't have enough money to buy it??? Uniform should not be too expensive plus there should be some understanding for those who can't buy uniform at the moment...
suren0203
i did not agree. no 2 school uniform
torboxz
Subaru wrote:
Last photo is IMO the best Wink


Agree! I will not skip any class if all the girls have that kind of uniforms.
I want to live in Japan. Twisted Evil
KronikSindrome
feck yes...school girls rawk...
in fact this upcoming week
my company is sponsoring
the 'smoochknob school girl
fashion show' ---- have I mention I luf my job?

and I like my school girl outfits too







If they let me wear that to
school every day I might
have had a 4.0 Twisted Evil
nivinjoy
I compleltely agree with the idea of wearing uniform to the school...!!!It is a matter of pride and prestige that people recognise us by seeing the schol uniform and say "Hey he is from this or that school"...!!

To say, my uniform in my school was white shirt and grey pant along with a grey tie on weekdays except on friday..!!And on fridays we used to wear full white dress..That is white shirt,white pant and a white tie..!! I always loved wearing my uniorm to school..!! But even then, sometimes i hated wearing tie in summer seasons..!!
blk3
Wearing student uniforms helps identify students who likes to cut classes. Its a big giveaway that a student is cutting classes if he/she is wearing a uniform at the mall. But then of course if the student also brings civilian clothes then thats another thing.
amitniec
I think that uniform should me made coumpulsory in school
Subaru
torboxz wrote:
Agree! I will not skip any class if all the girls have that kind of uniforms.
I want to live in Japan. Twisted Evil

Uhm I want to live in Japan too...but not just only for this cute school uniforms Cool I would like to learn Japan language too ^_^
So in the end it looks like school uniforms is good idea Very Happy
Maybe I will ask quietly my Principal if that idea would be possible xD
Dean_The_Great
I went to a uniform school, which was/is very uncommon in the region in which I went to school, but I must say that I loved it!

Growing up I wasn't a very trendy guy, and it was a relief to not have to think about what to wear. Also, on the few days we didn't have to wear our uniforms (about once a month) it was nice to be able to pick out your best duds and don them well!
TomGrey
Yes to wearing uniforms.

The reason not to? When choosing your own clothes:

Quote:
It will show a lot about them.


Exactly -- so the 'in' rich group can exclude the not-in not-rich group immediately based on the clothes being worn.

It's better to form groups and friends based on non-clothes differences. This is true up thru about 18 years old, altho colleges that require uniforms can also be somewhat cool. (Like McCain's)
amitniec
yes, we should wear uniforms in schools
it is a symbol of discipline and it is good for children.
killerqueen
I've been wearing uniform all my life. At first I hated it, but now as a teenager I think it's a really good thing. Nobody is insulted for having weird clothes. Everyone dresses the same, and there's no problem. Besides... plaid skirts ROCK Twisted Evil.
SlideR.nl
killerqueen wrote:
I've been wearing uniform all my life. At first I hated it, but now as a teenager I think it's a really good thing. Nobody is insulted for having weird clothes. Everyone dresses the same, and there's no problem. Besides... plaid skirts ROCK Twisted Evil.

Where do you live?

Here in Holland there is no such thing as a uniform school outfit. And it's good. I like to look what people are wearing, its just funny.
RosenCruz
In Turkey students must wear school uniforms..The main goal here in Turkey is not discipline but clearing the difference of economical status of the students..There are many poor familys,there s a huge lack of income equalency.....
torboxz
TomGrey wrote:
It's better to form groups and friends based on non-clothes differences.


It's the best for all. You'll never know what they have in their mind after you know them. Sometimes they have better ideas how to improve lives, and latter when you know their family status, I'm sure how grateful you are to have a good family and how hard it is to make a living. (If they're being modest)

Subaru wrote:
So in the end it looks like school uniforms is good idea Very Happy
Maybe I will ask quietly my Principal if that idea would be possible xD


Hahaha. Laughing You better ask him good. You'll benefit from it Subaru. Twisted Evil After the uniform is implemented, the school's attendance surely is going to be better. Wink
bonestorm74
I think on most occasions it's for the best. Especially on school outings, it looks very scrappy when kids are wandering about and not in their uniform. At least with a uniform you have some control over the standard of dress.
dcfive65
Uniform will allow students to be more ogranized. Instead of having to figure out what matches with what, students will be able to look like everyone else and not have to worry about what they wear. I had attended a school with a uniform policy and and it was tiring wearing the same looking clothes everyday but it kept me organized and I did not need to worry about what I will wear the next day.
pashmina
Every student should be liberal enough to pick their own clothing, so I am and will always be against school uniform.
houdney
For - Gives pupils an equality in fashion that they may not achieve in a school without a uniform policy. Poorer pupils would be targeted and victimized for not wearing socially acceptable clothes. I finished school 10 years ago and it was true then and probably true 30 years before that.

Against - Lack of expression I guess. Although, there are other pieces of apparel that can be added or embellished, shoes, hats etc. Also hairstyles, tattoos, nipple rings, lo-jackers, guns, knives (perhaps with engraving), and barbie dolls.
nhatanh123
uniform Suck ass
"Du me" Twisted Evil
chatrack
Hi,

We used to wear uniform upto higher secondary level. Happy that no uniform in College.
But, to this generation, there is strict uniform even for Engineering / medical students.

I like the concept of Uniformity in teahing. The idea of Similarity in all respect, even thought students
differ in various aspects.
priyank
i do not liek to wear uniforum to school it s jsut so discomport
ankitdatashn
First of all I do support the rule of having a uniform in a school, Secondly the thing I want to emphasize is that the uniform should not be costly and it should be simple yet elegant. See the foremost thing required for discipline is equality, now if any student gets a dress of high cloth material and if another child gets a dress made of low grade material than it would create an invisible divide of ego's in children, The uniform should be SAME in all respect for every child, maybe every college can fix a particular tailor for uniform, but then this is also disadvantageous since the tailor can hike up his rates to get more profit.
ankitdatashn
barlower wrote:
I think having a uniform looks great make us more formal.
And it help us to be easly to be identiiify.


How does it help to recognize easily? Okay granted if a batch is there with the name it may but normally informal clothes become the identity of any person I believe.
Bikerman
As a teacher I support school uniforms for the following reasons:
a) It reduces obvious disparity in parents incomes - the 'rich' kids wear the same uniform as the 'poor'. Now, of course, the rich kids might have their ties in silk and an Armani blazer, but uniforms at least help.
b) It means that teachers are not forever getting drawn into arguments about what clothing is acceptible and what is not. How short can a skirt be? Is a t-shirt with 'fcuk school' OK ? etc....
c) It actually makes it easier for the pupils, since they don't have to worry about what to wear.
d) It gives the school an identity (not the individual pupils). It also means that misbehaving students on their way too or from school can be identified and therefore acts as somewhat of a deterrent to such behaviour.
congra
on one hand,i am agree with you. with school uniform ,people can easy identify who you are . maybe can improve school degree to some extent. on the other hand,in modern society most of students have their characters and they are appeal to fashion,it would be difficult to let them wear school uniform if school never has this demand before.
ratanegra
Uniforms only help people recognize you as a student (and in some cases know in what school you study in), so it would all depend on the pros and cons of that fact.
loremar
Everyone should wear uniform not only in school.
That would be sooooo cool.

....Wait that rhymes. Shocked
ankur209
I think Yes we should ! Uniform means something good and we should take pride in wearing it Cool
vidafenomenal
I think it's better. uniform make you uni.
MrPasture13
A school is the place where we learn discilpline and prepare ourselve to become a most cooperative and
consecutive member of society. wearing a uniform is a sign of discipline and cooperation with the management and rules and regulations of school. it is necessary.
pll
I think both sides are good.

People needs to have some liberty to express themselves even if they have uniforms. They would need to get another way to express themselves if it's not by what they wear.

But I don't think violent messages on a t-shirt would be good...
Hello_World
I think it is infinitly better to have a school uniform. Navigating the social hierachy of school for kids/teens is already hard enough, without worrying about trying to keep up with the expensive fashions, wearing a faux pax, etc. It removes a layer of all that and that is a really good thing.

There are many better ways to express your individuality, outside what you wear.

In fact I wish we would wear a uniform at work.
drunkenkoz
I believe that kids should have the right to wear what ever they wish to. Enforcing some strict uniform code is just wrong, especially if the uniforms look odd.
inuyasha
I prefer to wear uniforms at school. As you have said, students in uniform look well-disciplined. But some uniforms are really not well designed. That's disappointing.
Peterssidan
I guess there is some advantages with having school uniforms but I think it's not worth it. I don't know exactly how it usually work because school uniforms are not used in Sweden but I guess the school uniform have to be different depending on the season? I also think you should allow both sexes to use the same kind of clothes. I mean, forcing the girls to wear skirt while the boys wear pants is discrimination!
jazzylove01
I'm In between. Some uniforms can be really ugly. I just got out of fifth grade and my uniform was hidious. Now I'm going to go to a middle school without uniforms. I'm happy but worried. Many kuds get in fights because someone was judging someone else on their looks.
chatrack
Hi,

Here even in engineering school, pupil wear uniform. This is good for the education point of view.

Teachers will have an idea of equal consideration to all. No one is better than any one

Student also feel the idea of equality in all sense

Its a mean of identify our students in a large mob.

any way, what students think about it may be different Smile
deanhills
I had to wear a uniform at school and hated every minute of it. It was expensive to purchase as well. I could not wait until the end of the day to get rid of it. As for making all pupils equal, not sure about that. The uniforms looked different on those who could afford brand-new uniforms to those who could only afford second-hand uniforms. Those with lack of interest in school wore their uniforms differently with an attitude so to speak, i.e. loosened tie, shirt out at the back, sleeves rolled up. So not sure how equal it made every one after all.
Cosmoslayer
If it is required, then I must comply! Surprised
Hello_World
@Deanhills - if you think uniforms are expensive try purchasing enough clothes for school kids to keep up with the fashions...
deanhills
Hello_World wrote:
@Deanhills - if you think uniforms are expensive try purchasing enough clothes for school kids to keep up with the fashions...
Probably true. But would that not be the case any way whether they are wearing uniforms or not? They'd still want to wear cool clothes after school.
johans
wendy86 wrote:
I agree that students should wear school uniform to school. I believe that by wearing uniform, students will be more even though some students say it is such a hassle. I agree students should wearing uniform because teacher will easily identify the students. Images that there are no name tags, and students are wearing many types of cloth that follow the latest fashion. Maybe all of the teachers will give up because there is no discipline in school. So by wearing uniform , it shows that the students of the school are well-disciplined. Are you agree will my opinion. If not what is you opinion?


YES, i believe uniform in school will keep us reminded by the basic rules and regulations... wearing uniform is the foundation of following basic rules.. and it has many purpose.. it also reminded us that we are treated equally.
kenxeiko
I don't think uniform really needed.
But for some reason, it's needed thought.
Like when we do some tour with another school, our friend uniform help us to find our group when we are lost because of something.
Especially if there are many schools join the tour.
But, personally, I hate to use uniform. Really really really hate it.
Using uniform makes me looks suck. Mad
ankitdatashn
I support uniform, the reason is simple: Everyone is equal for education and hence there should be no discrimination.

However there could be an exception for schools which are for poor children as they might not be always able to afford the uniform.
loremar
My parents didn't buy me clothes because I wear uniform to school anyway and I'm the kind of kid who is usually home-school-home-school. Growing up having no clothes, I've always become reclusive and have no friends.
the-guide
KronikSindrome wrote:




Umm... What's a lovely uniform it is? So cute... Razz

.
.

P.S. In my country, the uniform is a must have on for all students here.

.
.
linux1993
I don't like wearing school uniform only when the uniform is not suitable for me .
Related topics
I hate school
Me going to school ;)
MY PHOTOS
Rigid School system in Asia
Male Student Wins Fight to Wear Skirt
school uniforms
Homeschooling- What do you Think?
Tell me about the laws in your school system
Men vs. Women
Bands Biography
School Trip
Do you agree we human beings unite to a whole country?
I was suspended for joining a facebook group!
Why hijab in Islam?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.