FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how people earn with forum

battrick
hi..

i just little worried or excited how people get earn or afford to give free website like this....
i see there are lot many website which offer free webspace with fourm posting..

so if they do not earn with forum then why they do that but if they earn then how ?

i see no ad here...

can anybody help me.
jayandsilo
there are ads
babumuchhala
battrick wrote:
i see no ad here...
What d00d Surprised
This forum is full of ads.

Please turn the adblocker off its againts the Rules & TOS of Frihost to do so.

Quote:
B) Rules and restrictions
6.The use of regular banner blockers (not pop-up blockers) is forbidden while 'being active' on our forums. Simply deactivate them while browsing our website.

Read the TOS: http://www.frihost.com/tos.php
Read the Rules: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-13011.html
Blaster
yes please no ads blockers. I think a lot of people are using them. Help keep frihost in bussiness. Turn off ad blockers.
zirkov
I never turn on popup blocker, but I dont see any popup appearing from this forum Confused
Scorpio
zirkov wrote:
I never turn on popup blocker, but I dont see any popup appearing from this forum Confused

No

There are NO POPUPS on this forum.

They are talking about ad blockers,

ad blockers block the banner ads like google adsense from apppearing on the site.
babumuchhala
zirkov wrote:
And thats why pop up blockers are allowed Very Happy
NeoRayden
Blaster wrote:
...Help keep frihost in bussiness. Turn off ad blockers.

Oh yah couldnt miss my oppurtunity to pick on this one... Lol just bcause I dont use an add blocker doesnt not mean i have to look, read, acknowledge, execute, click, scan, mouse over, mouse under, mouse arround, or anything else with those ads which means only one thing u will not be making money off of me any time in the next few eons... lol. Laughing
tidruG
NeoRayden wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Oh yah couldnt miss my oppurtunity to pick on this one... Lol just bcause I dont use an add blocker doesnt not mean i have to look, read, acknowledge, execute, click, scan, mouse over, mouse under, mouse arround, or anything else with those ads which means only one thing u will not be making money off of me any time in the next few eons... lol. Laughing

Actually, even page impressions count.
So, just by letting the ad load on your browser window, it could be of (a very small amount, though, of) help to the forum. Wink

Well, anyway, clicking on the ads is up to you, but making sure that all ad blockers are switched off is not your choice. It's in the rules, and if you have an ad blocker on, you may get banned, which won't help your website.Wink
NeoRayden
Gotta have it approved first lol
Scorpio
tidruG wrote:
NeoRayden wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Actually, even page impressions count.
So, just by letting the ad load on your browser window, it could be of (a very small amount, though, of) help to the forum. Wink

Well, anyway, clicking on the ads is up to you, but making sure that all ad blockers are switched off is not your choice. It's in the rules, and if you have an ad blocker on, you may get banned, which won't help your website.Wink

And yet it is said that, you have no way of knowing who has ad blockers on unless they let it slip out.

So people may use ad blockers without telling you and you can do nothing about it, right?

PS: I dont use an ad blocker cause I am too lazy to add on one to FF
Blaster
HAHA i love how you said in a couple of eons. But if i suspect two users have ad blockers who should i report them too? Because in one thing it looks like two people have ad blockers on.

Also what if you are at a house that has them on and you can't turn them off put you post and they find out?
jipmerite
Google Ads rock. They are non intrusive to the site and also relevent to the site contents (so i hear).... And some people actually earn quite a bit from Google ads.
tidruG
jipmerite wrote:
Google Ads rock. They are non intrusive to the site and also relevent to the site contents (so i hear).... And some people actually earn quite a bit from Google ads.

Umm....?
We have Google Ads on Frihost right at the top.
I think you ought to be able to see them. Are you sure you're not using and Ad blocker?
alkady
I see 3 Ads per Page on average, 2 when I'm trying to post, It's either you have an adblocker like many say, But maybe you mistaken the ads for links, It happened to me when this AdSense Started, I always thought of them as site links.
KMKM
alkady wrote:
I see 3 Ads per Page on average, 2 when I'm trying to post, It's either you have an adblocker like many say, But maybe you mistaken the ads for links, It happened to me when this AdSense Started, I always thought of them as site links.

Lolz...!
Yes! Frihost has ads.. and that is what help all of us here to run our sites. So i often click on one or two of them. One strange incident was that i was searching for something in frihost and the google ad gave me the link to the software Laughing Google ads are pretty relevant too.. so i dont think there is any need to use ad blockers.

Kudos!
~KMKM
jipmerite
No I am not using an adblocker. I see those ads just fine in frihost and any other site that has them. But somehow they don't seem to be very relevent in here. Anyway I don't find them intrusive at all. In fact I sometimes click google ads in free forums just to give the owners some money. But only if the ad is interesting as well Wink
wsco
I am not using an adblocker too
AR Styles
I never knwe how business goes here...I see.thx guys
raaeft1
I am bit confused about google adsense. I am using google adsense on my forum---three ads including search and one link.
I read here that FriHost also runs Google Adsense. I can't find them on my forum. Am I doing something wrong. Could someone kindly review my forum as I do not want to violate any rules/guidelines.
Bondings
raaeft1 wrote:
I am bit confused about google adsense. I am using google adsense on my forum---three ads including search and one link.
I read here that FriHost also runs Google Adsense. I can't find them on my forum. Am I doing something wrong. Could someone kindly review my forum as I do not want to violate any rules/guidelines.

I'm not sure I understood it correctly. We don't put any ads on the websites of the users, only on this website.
babumuchhala
raaeft1 wrote:
Hell No you are not doing anything wrong As bondings said above, ads are only present on this site (i.e. Frihost homepage and forums and directory) and no where else.

You are free to put ads on all your pages.

I myself have my foru, (http://www.teenhungama.uni.cc) full with ads Very Happy
sujan
ya there is google add sense there to earn money