FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Extremely quick for you Bondings.

Hogwarts
Front Page wrote:
A great community of over 15000 members to get support from.

Well... Now we are 150 members over 20,000 I think it is reason to change that to 20,000 Smile

Amazing how a site can become so big in a little over a year...
Scorpio
Hogwarts wrote:
Front Page wrote:

Well... Now we are 150 members over 20,000 I think it is reason to change that to 20,000 Smile

Not offending you or anything, but honestly, what difference is that going to make to this forum

As I ve said time and again, it is quite evident that 80% or more of the 20k members are severely inactive or busy to post(or put it however you want)

This change would simply be to boast that so many members are there and stuff

It is of no use anyway

I would be surprised even if 10% of that 20k members had answered support questions

PS: It is better to be honest i
Blaster
nope i like the idea. It is a good idea to make it seem like there are a lot of people here. And a lot of people answer support questions. So i say if you have the time and you feel like it bondings you do this. Also maybe even put something like we even allow differnt languages.
Scorpio
Blaster wrote:
nope i like the idea. It is a good idea to make it seem like there are a lot of people here. .

Make it seem?

Now what that means is that, though there are so many inactive members, Frihost can cheat users into thinking that there are indeed so many members who can offer support which is clearly not the case here

As I again say, it is good to be truthful

I would suggest that you change the wording to " a great community of more than 20k members" without using the specific term "to get support from" as it will be mis interpreted

Also, people get support questions answered here very fast indeed.
That is not a problem at all. But the number of people who answer such questions is the problem(and it is certainly nowhere near 20k)

As for this

Blaster wrote:
And a lot of people answer support questions

I would say BS
Hogwarts
scorpio wrote:
Blaster wrote:
nope i like the idea. It is a good idea to make it seem like there are a lot of people here. .

Make it seem?

Now what that means is that, though there are so many inactive members, Frihost can cheat users into thinking that there are indeed so many members who can offer support which is clearly not the case here

I would suggest that you change the wording to " a great community of more than 20k members" without using the specific term "to get support from" as it will be mis interpreted

Also, people get support questions answered here very fast indeed.
That is not a problem at all. But the number of people who answer such questions is the problem(and it is certainly nowhere near 20k)

As for this

Blaster wrote:
And a lot of people answer support questions

I would say BS

Actually, I just went through the meberlist and I found that only 497 members have 45 points or above. Although, this probably isn't acurate because it is only on people who have not posted in 1 day and people without hosting remain high and dry. Rolling Eyes
alkady
Actually I posted something similar a while ago, Based on my past findings, Only 12,000 where inactive, And yet everyday a small fraction of those who sign up everyday end up being active while mysteriously a majority of new users dont even post one darn thing. Not even a Laughing
Devil
I dont think its necessary.

The one important thing that we should do is remove all the members with zero posts older than say a month or so. Bcos if they are not going to post a single word in a month they never will.

As of today we have 11484 members who have not posted a single letter.
http://www.frihost.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=posts&order=ASC&start=11450

The ones older than a month are well over 10,500
http://www.frihost.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=posts&order=ASC&start=10500

Unless until you want to have them just for the sake of just statistis. And if so then update the frontpage too Razz
tidruG
Quote:
Actually, I just went through the meberlist and I found that only 497 members have 45 points or above.

That's actually quite good.
That means there are 497 people who login everyday and therefore have more than 45 points.

Any user with more than 25-30 points can be considered fairly active.
Scorpio
tidruG wrote:
Quote:
Actually, I just went through the meberlist and I found that only 497 members have 45 points or above.

That's actually quite good.
That means there are 497 people who login everyday and therefore have more than 45 points.

Any user with more than 25-30 points can be considered fairly active.

THAT may be good

But as specified by Devil, those statistics are not good and they far far outweigh the positive side

I would second Devil's suggestion in this case
mOrpheuS
scorpio wrote:

Trying to cheat users and being untruthful ... those are some serious allegations.
But I'll try.

What exactly guarantees that a particular registered member is not going to offer support?
In other words, on what basis do we exclude a particular registered member from the list of "members to get support from"?

Something subjective as that really cannot be measured.

The simple solution, that every forum on the internet employs, is to keep a count of registered members.
However, not many others get accused of dishonesty or cheating.
babumuchhala
@Scorpio,
Putting allegations of cheating is way too wrong. And also not all active members go out there to help ppl. Some are only happy with the General chat and stuff.

@mOrpheuS
Well we could certainly delete members who have not posted even a single post, as mentioned by Devil.
silvermesh
I think morpheus has a point here. although most people would certainly agree that those who do not post a single post could be deleted, I think it may be a bit presumptuous to assume that they never will. Some people just take some time to get used to a forum before they decide to post, and in a place like this where your posting quality is essential to your hosting, waiting until the right moment might be just the right thing to do. so if they sign up and never post, it could simply be that they're waiting until the right time to get themselves into the game.
alkady
Well atleast get rid of those older than a month that havent even posted a ., That would spare a reasonable amount of space used. Plus I doubt you'd need 1 Month to start posting.
S3nd K3ys
scorpio wrote:
Hogwarts wrote:
Front Page wrote:

Not offending you or anything, but honestly, what difference is that going to make to this forum

As I ve said time and again, it is quite evident that 80% or more of the 20k members are severely inactive or busy to post(or put it however you want)

This change would simply be to boast that so many members are there and stuff

It is of no use anyway

I would be surprised even if 10% of that 20k members had answered support questions

PS: It is better to be honest i

Dammit! I agree with you again! What's this world coming to? If you look at the 'who's on line' it will give a better indication of the activity of this board.
GProject
alkady wrote:
Well atleast get rid of those older than a month that havent even posted a ., That would spare a reasonable amount of space used. Plus I doubt you'd need 1 Month to start posting.

Yeah, I agree with this - you've got to put some kind of timescale in there because, for example, someone could have signed up last week & then gone on holiday (a bit strange, but it could happen). You wouldn't want them to return to find their account deleted.

A month without posting anything seems like an adequate reason for deletion. You should add into the TOS something like:
"You must make at least 1 post in the first 30 days. Failure to do so will lead to your account being terminated"

Maybe even add a certain number of posts per month minimum (maybe only 5). Then you could delete anyone who's been a member between 1-2 months with less than 5 posts, anyone who's been a member between 2-3 months with less than 10 posts, anyone who's been a member between 3-4 months with less than 15 posts etc.

That should help clear out the member DB a bit!
FerSx
Maybe not post in the first month but at least each 3 months have 5 posts, or at least sign in.
I know it’s hard to follow up to forums some time, I find my self a lot of time only having time to reed 1 or 2 interesting post without having time to make a good reply to them.
But in 3 months it’s enough time to at least write a post saying “too much work wana jump out the windows” Wink
Scorpio
Quote:
I think it may be a bit presumptuous to assume that they never will.

O Rly?

Quote:
Some people just take some time to get used to a forum before they decide to post, and in a place like this where your posting quality is essential to your hosting, waiting until the right moment might be just the right thing to do

Perhaps they are waiting till they turn 75?

I dont think it will be a problem registering again, that is, whenever they want the hosting.
Since they havent posted anything, removing their account would not cause them any loss

However I would suggest that a common email be sent to the email IDs of the non posting users.
Then wait for a week
If they have not responded by coming to frihost, delete the account
Quote:

. so if they sign up and never post, it could simply be that they're waiting until the right time to get themselves into the game.

LOL and ROFL , what more? Laughing
Josso
Would be good to change it in my opinion, would show that there are more people here adding to the attraction.