FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

pennymellow
I'm terribly excited about this film and will be seeing it this coming Sunday. I cannot express how excited I am to see Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightly and Jack Davenport reprise their rolls. I'm surprised these movies don't explode, what with all the pretty.

Who else will be seeing this movie? Have you already seen it? What did you think of it? No spoilers yet, please! If you must discuss something, please make sure it's marked very clearly, as per forum instructions. I'd hate for something to be ruined simply by reading a thread that I've started.
snowboardalliance
I'll be seeing it tomorrow. I hope it lives up to the first one.
Becky
I'm seeing it tommorow at 13:00, i cant wait! i really hope it is even better than the first one, because i loved the first one.
Also, i think Jonny Depp is GREAT in this film, i love his drunk walk Cool lol
snowboardalliance
Ok, I just saw it. Without giving it away, who else thought the ending sort of sucked?
jeffsolodky
OK, it sucked! It was longer than the Cracken's... well you know what... his... you know... his long... "tentacle." The plot was also scrambled and there were like 15,000,700,503,670,233,564 screenplays in the entire movie.
thebullet
I am looking forward to it, even though it isn't getting the best reviews I am still going to judge it myself.
Shewolf
I am SO looking forward to see it:) To see Jack again Cool (And all the others of course)...
The first movie was genious, so I hope for this one will be just as great as the first. Though, what are the chances? Confused
pennymellow
I just saw it. I actually really, really liked it. There are certain unexpected parts (you know...that part) that are just a fangirl's wet dream; I'm going to have fanfic fodder for a long while now, what with Superman and this movie.

I thought that it was terribly fun, with lots of action and adventure. There were sword fights, horrible beasties, referrences to eunuchs, and Jack really did steal the show (he's the best character, so I'm not complaining), though the others certainly weren't without their storylines. From a technical aspect, I thought that the CG was outstanding and the acting A1; even little Orlando Bloom seems to really be coming in to his talent.

To all of those who didn't enjoy it, why not? Some people don't like movies or books with a 'cast of thousands' feel - is this one of the reasons why you didn't enjoy the movie? Was it the ending? I thought that the ending was terribly Lord of the Rings, very "...credits? Credits!?" I love a good cliff-hanger! I'm curious to read the reasons behind your dislike!
bonestorm74
It wasn't too bad. Nothing spectacular. I thought it was missing a bit of heart and soul mainly, it seemed like a bunch of action sequences strung together without a compelling storyline to bind them together.
angelussum
Eh - this sounds interesting enough, don't think I'll actually go see it. I never actually found the first one to be that good, and sequels always tend to disappoint.
ylmun
Is Jack Davenport (Commodore Norrington) in this movie?

I didn't see him in the trailers.
Garethm1976
Laughing I have seen it, its selling out nearly every night, but finally got to see it it yay and Nooooo !!! It is quite good, but the ending.....wat the hell !! anyway if you liked curse of the black pearl then you shud like the dead mans chest.
desertwind
Me too eagerly waiting for the movie. Who does not love Depp.

shantharam is another depp movie i'm eagerly waiting for.
Tac-Tics
Snape kills Dumbledore.

Wait. Wrong movie.

This movie had potential, but after they find the chest, the movie started kinda sucking. My biggest problem with the movie was the unnatural abundance of spinning objects during fight scenes. Seriously, a kcufing waterwheel??? No!

Also, while Davey Jones had a cool character design, his crew reminded me of the Putties from Power Rangers.
pennymellow
ylmun wrote:
Is Jack Davenport (Commodore Norrington) in this movie?

I didn't see him in the trailers.

He is, the dear. He's terribly different, too.
dyrtyrice
I just saw it, thought it was excellent. Yeah the plot was pretty deep, but so what? It was a great movie, a lot of fun, great stunts, and the ending was a bit cheesy, but dude..it's a damn Disney movie. All and all great. A lot of sequels are better than they are made out to be, it's just the sequel complex, people put such high expectations on the sequels that they almost never live up. Truth be told, a lot of people want a carbon copy of the first film, and original sequels are usually bashed the most.

"I keep hearing mixed review about every new film"

How is this different from any other film before it!? There are always mixed reviews!
ylmun
Did anyone stay past the end of the credits? I heard, but haven't confirmed that there is something to watch after the credits are done (a la X3, Matrix Reloaded and Ferris Bueller's Day Off)

Is it true? And if so, don't tell me what it is.
Scaramanga
bonestorm74 wrote:
It wasn't too bad. Nothing spectacular. I thought it was missing a bit of heart and soul mainly, it seemed like a bunch of action sequences strung together without a compelling storyline to bind them together.

I completely concur. There was a decided lack of good editing in this film, and that really made the whole seem rather disjointed to me. I think perhaps they raised the bar a bit too high with the first film?

Also, having recently gone to Disneyland to see the new changes to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, I found the RIDE to be more enjoyable on a whole than the new film. Very Happy
m00tmuffin
I agree with some of what's been said before, the editing was a bit choppy and did make the film seem sort of rushed and disjointed, but all in all I was relatively pleased with it--it was fun. Smile The CGI was pretty great too, wonderful job they did with Davey Jones I think. But like the others have said, the ending was kinda abrupt though is the perfect cliffhanger. ;p
ChaosMike
I liked the original better (like most movies with sequels), however the second one was not too far behind. I agree with the posts that it was disjointed in a way.

BTW, I did stay til after the credits and...
***SPOILER***
If you remember the dog being chased by the natives...he turns out to be sitting on the throne with a bone in his mouth and decorated with a crown and stuff. It was pretty funny
Laughing
mayur
wat do u expect from a pirate movie? adventure? action? well then this has it.
loads of CG done well. but then dont crib for a story line just watch the swashbuckling pirate battle for his ship and have fun!
snowboardalliance
ChaosMike wrote:
I liked the original better (like most movies with sequels), however the second one was not too far behind. I agree with the posts that it was disjointed in a way.

BTW, I did stay til after the credits and...
***SPOILER***
If you remember the dog being chased by the natives...he turns out to be sitting on the throne with a bone in his mouth and decorated with a crown and stuff. It was pretty funny
Laughing

Ha yeah so before, I was watching the first movie and we noticed the monkey at the end of the credits takes a piece of gold. So this time we stayed till the end to see what would happen.
Scaramanga
mayur wrote:
loads of CG done well. but then dont crib for a story line just watch the swashbuckling pirate battle for his ship and have fun!

CG done well?!? Maybe you and I were watching different movies, as I felt a lot of the CG was fairly poor for this day and age (the waterwheel fight, Jack falling when running from the cannibals, and don't even get me started on Davey Jones - all were pretty obviously CG.) Hey I loved the first film for its adventure and swashbuckling, this film was just too rough around the edges to be really enjoyable.
dyrtyrice
Scaramanga wrote:
mayur wrote:

CG done well?!? Maybe you and I were watching different movies, as I felt a lot of the CG was fairly poor for this day and age (the waterwheel fight, Jack falling when running from the cannibals, and don't even get me started on Davey Jones - all were pretty obviously CG.) Hey I loved the first film for its adventure and swashbuckling, this film was just too rough around the edges to be really enjoyable.

quiet. the cg was mostly very good, and the cg was much better than the first I might add. Want to see bad CGI? Watch the first spiderman when the goblin throws a bomb and turns people to CG skeletons, now that was bad.
sbel
im watching the movie coz Depp plays such a hilarious character. He's absolutely one of the most genuine actors around

The movie is really selling here. I couldn't get tickets tonite. Maybe i'll go early tomorrow. it launch on the 13th here.
fireydeviant
The cg was really good. with that part where that ship gets broken in half, and everything slows down.

I though the plays on words were really good too
rezx
Just went to see the movie a few hours ago..honestly speaking didnt know that the movie wud end in such a point..damn a lot of questions wheres sparrow..the heart of david jones with the lords that means they are in control of the ship so in da finalle we wud expect the william n co would defeat both the english and the david jones together in a mega war..and well the movie was very good..sound was good..enough humour lot of twists but i wudbve liked the ending cant wait for the next sequel when its gon be up any clue anyone?
colilon
I watched it like 3 days ago...
This movie is superb, I find it so much more then the fst 1...
More in evrthng, like the acting, and plot, music, and directing...

A Wonderfull mov, this is a MUST SEE TV, only it's not on TV Razz...

Go And Watch It GAWI!!!
ylmun
snowboardalliance wrote:
Ok, I just saw it. Without giving it away, who else thought the ending sort of sucked?

Ok,
I finally saw it. I thought it was a good movie, though I agree with a lot of people here, it really needed editing. A lot of the fights were just wearing me down...and why do they keep having to go back to Tortuga?

The ending was great, in my opinion. It was better than Star Wars V:Empire Strikes Back because though they're both cliffhangers (don't think that's a spoiler compared with the other things people have been letting fly here), this ending was so much more better because of the surprise in the voodoo woman's hut right before the end credits. I thought that was awesome!!!

Oh, btw I saw it....alone. None of you meatbags voted to see it with me (http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-38338.html&highlight=) Thanks. I'm moving to myspace where I can find some real fake friends....
sbel
ylmun wrote:

The ending was great, in my opinion. It was better than Star Wars V:Empire Strikes Back because though they're both cliffhangers (don't think that's a spoiler compared with the other things people have been letting fly here), this ending was so much more better because of the surprise in the voodoo woman's hut right before the end credits. I thought that was awesome!!!

I thought the ending was great too. In fact, i never expected it to end just there. After tjhe tons of movies i've watched, the ones with suspense as the ending in particular, i never saw this movie's ending coming
Shewolf
The film itself was okay enough, quite hillarious from time to time. And then it was Jack Smile And that's a completly different story. Without him, the movie would just have been another okay "cartoon" from Disney. Real people acting as if they were in a cartoon, you still get some moments like that, but not too many.
missmurder
I wasnt really expecting much out of this movie, but I went to see it for my birthday. I really enjoyed it a lot! There were some parts that I think they could have definitely done without, and some parts that could have been better explained, but all in all I thought it was great. Cant wait for 3
selim06
Well, It was almost wonderful. There was really non-stop action. The story will continue and it looks it will be funny Very Happy ..Anyway the starting and finishing was really interesting.Johny Depp is a legend.The fantastical World of Pirates will be interesting much!
JoeFriday
I was rather frustrated with the sequel.. first of all, it was too long.. while I like to get my money's worth, I generally don't see the need to make a movie longer than 2 hours (with some exceptions.. Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan).. they could easily have edited out a half hour or more.. in fact, the film would have been a lot better.. it seemed to ramble back and forth from one scene to another and then back again.. there was very little progression in the storyline

also, the characters never developed in this film.. they relied completely on character development in the original Pirates movie.. if you hadn't seen the first one, you wouldn't have understood who any of the characters were in the second

and who cares about them, anyway? Jack is great.. we all love him, of course.. but I find Will Turner to be somewhat obnoxious.. he's all idealistic and courageous.. whatever.. but as the marines would say, he's "young, dumb and full of.."

and his love interest, Elizabeth.. she's just a female version of Will Turner.. it's like the two were twins, which if you think about it, makes their love interest seem a bit gross.. it's not exactly steamy, anyway.. more like a couple of clumbsy teenagers who are 'madly in love' but don't have a clue what love is.. I can't vouch for anyone else, but I know I didn't care at all at the conclusion of this movie if they'd end up together or not

so what does that leave us with? well, the characters are sailing around the known world, but seem to go from place to place within a few days.. must be a very small world.. they jump on a ship either as a female stowaway who is never discovered, even tho the ship is the size of McDonalds restaurant, and with the crew actively searching for her.. uh huh.. or as a damned crewmember of a ghostly ship.. a ship that doesn't seem to be hard to find, btw.. and the aforementioned damned crewmember has no problem jumping ship.. and conveniently right where the rest of his friends happen to be

and when a ship is destroyed, as seems to be the general theme, the main characters always survive unscathed, while all the other sailors perish.. imagine that

ok, there were some good scenes, and Johnny Depp is nearly as good as he was in the first movie.. or at least he would be if they gave him better opportunities.. but the movie was merely a vehicle for action and special effects.. if that's all you need for an enjoyable cinematic experience, you'll love this one.. but I need a cohesive plot and a realistic purpose for at least half the drawn-out scenes.. so this one doesn't quite do it for me

as much as I was hoping to love Dead Man's Chest (or possibly BECAUSE of my anticipation), it disappointed me.. I'd have to give the movie a C+ and say that it will be a great movie to rent, as long as you expect action and not a story
Nikkori
The Movie was GREAT! Although I haven't yet seen the first one..
ylmun
Nikkori wrote:
The Movie was GREAT! Although I haven't yet seen the first one..

It's too bad because it's so much better if you watch the first one before the second one. Once you see the first one, you'll understand why.
eleceng
Ya it really is better to see the first movie first. Especially when dealing with summer block busters
ragesone143
OH!! man i like this movie
zanzou
:] I've seen it three times so far.... obviously, I'm one of the people who really enjoyed it.

But I have noticed that some other people really don't like it at all, or find it rather blah. I really can't think of anything that /I/ don't like about the movie, and it actually didn't have any scenes that made me step back and go "wtf?" like the first one did. :D

So, yeah. Loved it. <3
Shake
I saw it. It was rather different than what I expected, but still a good movie. I liked every part of it. The ending was pretty predictable, but other than that, still a good movie! I wouldn't go so far as to buy it on DVD; it was nothing legendary.
Guyon
I LOVED the Movie Very Happy Well, It diddn't really get you to realize anything..... It made you think even more about what is going to happen in the third Laughing ! I loved watching it! This is the kind of movie you NEED to watch with your friends! Very Happy I Really like Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, ect. THIS WAS NOT ONLY A GOOD MOVIE WITH A GOOD PLOT, but it was funny!

FUNNY LINE

Jack Sparrow: You may think you can get us ......(trips and flips because of stairs) But guess what? I got dirt I got dirt! (mockingly)

YEAH, THis is the movie you HAVE to see
delun
I havent see it yet, but it is the most wanted to see movie for this summer.
AG007
I saw it today, It is a must see...
I like the first one. I watched yesterday, from a friend's dvd.
I liked everything from the story, comedy, animation... Yeah the begining is kinda slow but then it gets good.
Cant wait for the 3rd one to come out.
vaoger
accually i havent seen the movie..
just want to ask...
Embarassed
What is accually in side the crest??
crashmachine
I really liked the movie... it was just.. the ending.. Rolling Eyes
mtoni
owowow im dying to see this movie..

maybe ill go to the cinema next week Smile I have seen the making of already
GProject
A little behind the release schedule here, but I went out last weekend and saw this movie (finally). And yes it’s a lot of fun, and yes it’s action packed, but if I’m honest it’s hard to judge this movie until ‘Pirates 3: At World’s End’ comes out next year.

There are lots of things I’d like to say about this movie, but I fear that I’d be giving away spoilers for those who haven’t seen it. However, I will say this: Captain Jack’s character in the first movie was kind of a loveable rogue. In this movie however he’s bordering on evil, and it’s kinda destroying him for me – plus his moment of heroism towards the end doesn’t redeem him at all.

Oh, and I thought the cliff-hanger was pretty weak. There’s no pull-through into the next movie, no real ‘need’ for them to continue. Of course, we know they will anyway. And that’s a shame, because although there’s a need to make each movie self-contained, they could’ve linked parts 2 and 3 a bit tighter. That’s all I’m gonna say for now – it’s still good, so see it if you haven’t already.

And despite all my objections, you know I’ll be in that cinema for part 3 next year…
shinnoyami
I enjoyed the movie, but i agree that it didn't quite live up to the first. I also found Elizabeth's character to be annoying. The story was a bit fast passed, and the fighting scene were they're all chasing the chest irritated me a bit. besides that it was pretty good!
shaggly
I thought that this movie gave me everything I wanted from it.

Being a "Pirates" movie, and having seen the first, I wasn't expecting to have my brain overly exercised with a plot, but I was expecting great entertainment.

I'm pleased to say that was exactly what I got from the movie - I was thoroughly entertained. The SFX were OK, nothing too mind boggling, and the action was highly entertaining and just as much on the campy side as you would expect from the first movie.

Depp was great in this role (again), and I'm looking forward to the next installment.
looksbad
Wasnt as good as the first one.. Still was good though it just lacked something but i dont know what. Perhaps more action??
ylmun
looksbad wrote:
Wasnt as good as the first one.. Still was good though it just lacked something but i dont know what. Perhaps more action??

Naaaah, that's not it. Maybe it just needs less editing. I mean 2 1/2 hours only???? Hardly enough time to call up all my friends during the movie and complain to them how dissapointingly short that sword fight with the water wheel was while finishing up the McDonald's Happy Meal I snuck into the theater.

Any decent film is at least 8 hours these days in order to tell the whole story that the director was aiming for as an artist. Laughing
quartnee
Personally, I loved this movie. Yet, just because I love it doesn't mean it didn't have faults.

Whereas in the first one, The Black Pearl, if there was a fight scene it was obvious to see the necessity of it (eg. life or death situations), but in the second one I felt they just kind of through them in there for fillers. They were actually more comedic and didn't give of that vibe of just narrowly Shocked escaping death like the first one did. To me it felt as if they were catering to a much more younger crowd, like late elementary/middle school kids, not much violence or adult language/themes. Though, I know have a distinct fear of octupuses.

Another slight mistake was lack of background story. Straight from the beginning they get into the new story instead of back tracking a little. I know it's almost impossible to find someone who hasn't seen Black Pearl or heard enough about that they felt as if they had seen it, but in the exception of my mom, she is one of those few. My mom admits to liking the movie, but says it's kind of hard to understand the importance of certain scences (ie. a certain demoted officer showing up in Tortuga) and almost a good third of the movie was lost to her. Most of the background history was done by quick dialouge, and unless you paid attention to every single word, you are bound to miss something important. Better yet, don't even blink.

And you can't forget the "love triangle", at this point I'm leaning towards Elizabeth and Jack. I mean, it's obvious that's what they want, even my mom picked up on that, but then again I could be wrong.

My only real problem is that from now 'til May next year we have to deal with the suspense of what might happen and about where the hell that rum went? *stumbles* oh yea. Razz
Tatsumaru
It was a cool movie and I enjoyed it a lot, probably because I didn't have any expectations whatsoever. I just went into the theater with a clean mind haha, I hadn't read anything about it or anything.

So the ending I totally didn't expect, I didn't know there was going to be a third part. I guess that's nice, since I enjoyed this one more than the original.

Jack Sparrow is one of the best/funniest movie characters ever.
filet
those find the movie a bit disappointed raise ur hands....waaaah its not as gr8 as the first movie..if i known that i watched horror movies...waaah waaah..what a waste ..the only thing that i enjoy watching is johnny depp , a nice performance of sissy man..have a good laugh seeing him walking acting that way... yeah the movie drag till nearly 2 hours and the ending..poor captain jack sparrow
tench
watched it a few days ago.
I thought it was better than the first because of more adventures, plot, and actoin. Also the dailogue was really nicely done by a professional writer. The ending twist also made me excited about the next pirates. Also read that the filming for it is already done so they're gona have it out sometime next year
Game Fortress
The first installment of Pirates of the Carribean was a masterpiece, in my opinion. It is one of those movies that gets stuck in your head; people tend to crave more after watching it. It told a story in a fantastic way, mixing plot and action with humor, romance, and even a bit of drama. Few movies can claim that sort of acclaim. I always loved the first movie.

The Curse of the Black Pearl was great

Dead Man's Chest was mediocre

The second movie was certainly worth watching but I dont think it held up to the classic of the first movie. The movie was not nearly as well paced. Some parts were too serious and others too humorous. It made the movie feel very lopsided. Davy Jones is much less interesting (in terms of personality/behavior, obviously not looks. The octopus beard was pretty cool) than Barbossa was. The plot was way more frayed with too many thing being stuffed into the movie. They used alot of the same jokes over and over, and I just didnt feel Jack Sparrow's presence like I did in the first. The character development was sub-par. Most characters ended the movie the same way they went into it. I will give it this much though; the ending was great. Some people hate the cliffhanger ending, but for me that was what made the movie worth seeing. In many many ways, I think this movie was not nearly so good because it had to set the stage for the next installment. I have high hopes for the third, even though the second was somthing of a disappointment.
asteriks
I dont like this movie. I think this is not a good movie. Because of advertisement, movie seems good. 10 years later no one can remember this movie I think.
Smoke257
I watched it on wensday i think was pritty gd i enjoyed it thought i still think the 1st one was better. Jack sparrow makes the film as gd as it is with out him it wouldent be as good. They have difinetly left it open for a third film with the ending and i look forward to seeing this although il have to wait quite a while as thease things take ages to build.
Sappho
Smoke257 wrote:
I watched it on wensday i think was pritty gd i enjoyed it thought i still think the 1st one was better. Jack sparrow makes the film as gd as it is with out him it wouldent be as good. They have difinetly left it open for a third film with the ending and i look forward to seeing this although il have to wait quite a while as thease things take ages to build.

Actually they filmed both 2nd and 3rd film at the same time, they even wrote the screenplay so its like 1 movie split in 2, thats why such an ending. Smile

Bad thing is that it will be similar like with the LotR trilogy, even thou they have it almost finished there still will be atleast 1 year gap between the premieres. Wink
Tonks
I loved how it began. With the tea cups and Elizabeth just sitting there in the rain. I didn't like how they arrested them. Did they even have any proof of Elizabeth helping him?

People say it wasn't as good as the first one but I disagree. There was much more action and humor. The first one was great but this one was WOW! The craquen and the fighting on the wheel. That was amazing. They really did that too.

The ending was awesome! A cliffhanger! Everybody had to know it was going to be a cliffhanger. I did anyway.

I thought Tia Dalma was a great character. She really added onto the movie. I wonder why (You know who) was with her?

Can't wait for the next one!
jennahenrywagner
I heard from alot of people that this movie was really bad...much worse than the first. I guess it's rather rare that you get a sequel that can even compare to the first one. Anyway, I think that I'll probably wait until it comes out on video, because I love the first, but movies are expensive nowadays and I don't know if I can part with my $10 to see a bomb.
rein
Saw it last weekend and didn't think it was half bad! It's just more of the same piratey-fun the first one so effortlessly 'aye-d' itself into.
Kinda obvious they're setting you up for the third though.

In trilogies the second one is usualy the best; isn't it ?
felisleo
what an awful stupid ending was that.except it was great.
althalus
Saw this movie yesterday together with my brother, and I loved it. Very Happy As full of action, adventure and humour as the first one. Very Happy

The ending was a bit meh, though. Can't wait for the third movie. Smile
edwenfan
My parents gave me so much merchandise from this film just because I love Johnny Depp, but I don't completely appreciate it because this movie was lame. The plot was awfully dragged out and certain characters did actions which, in my opinion, ruined their reputations.
Moey
I thought the first one was much better. The second Pirates movie was rather long and I found it very hard to follow. I also thought that they tried to cram too much humor into it. I really enjoyed the first one, but the 2nd wasnt quite up to par.
Timoses
The movie was so hilarious. Now that you have seen part 2 of it you can't
wait for part 3 to come out. But that'll take some while unfortunately.
votd
The movie was very funny, long, and... very good!

Actually it was better than Curse of Black Pearl in many aspects. For the first time I haven't yawned in the cinema :]. The movie is presenting very well, it's not boring and it has very much action and good, wise scenes and camera angles.

The story is also very interesting and not commercial. Music is also perfect. You could say - the sequels are bad, but this is finally worth!
4ndY
't was good

loved the monkey island stuff
bercha
It was soooo awesome!! All those effects were done very well and I love the story! but the ending was not that good. It was so obvious that they want to film the 3rd movie.
illegalhost
YEAH!! Finally went to watch this much anticipated movie!! Ratings? If anyone is interested to know, I'd give it 3.5/5... Pros? Lots of twist and heart-thumping excitements that gave you the original 1st part. Cons? Abit draggy, and the ending was abit -duh-. But overall, it was FUN!!! Recommended watching it with your partner! (But i wouldnt watch it alone cuz would be more fun to see your girl partner laughing like nuts!)
sgwreviews
I really need to see the second movie ASAP, I'm a real fan of the first one. It was superb.
Does anyone know when is the 3th movie coming out?
marcmgeronimo
i really did not like the movie. although it is funny, it is not as funny as the first and the movie seemed to be hanging. So where is dear Jack Sparrow? The third sequel is sure to come. Laughing
Hojo
i watched it last week and in my opinion it is not as good as the first part. it was funny and all, some action aswell, the ending sorta sucked tho. there have not been a lot of movies where the sequels were as good or even better than the original movie, so i didnt really expect it to be better.
tehk
Although it fails to compare with the first Pirates of the Carribbean, Pirates of the Carribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest was an amazing movie. A few things I didn't like about it was the fact that they exploited parts of the first movie to add humour to Dead Man's Chest (eg. The women at Totuga slapping Jack/Will, etc..) but hey, its Disney.

Dead Man's Chest was a relatively long movie and didn't have many action sequences until near the end of the movie, but the part where the 3 guys fight in the wheel was awesome. I also loved the idea of Davey Jone's crew (perhaps almost the same as the cursed skeleton theme of the first movie).

The ending killed me because it made me want to watch the third one soo badly (I still do), and I congradulate the director or Disney for making the cliffhanger. I think it'll help tie the story all together and it makes you super excited to see the third. Smile
tiscali
I looked think is not yet.. No idee...Maar I beautiful film...
colilon
Saw it a while ago.
It is superb, great plot, acting, bla, it was all goo-- Great!

Think it was the first sequel (well exp KB2) Im not sure didn't got
way above his previous.

anyways, kicks ass, go watch, lyao, lol.
tylergram
Deleted
wahsap
pennymellow wrote:
I'm terribly excited about this film and will be seeing it this coming Sunday. I cannot express how excited I am to see Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightly and Jack Davenport reprise their rolls. I'm surprised these movies don't explode, what with all the pretty.

Who else will be seeing this movie? Have you already seen it? What did you think of it? No spoilers yet, please! If you must discuss something, please make sure it's marked very clearly, as per forum instructions. I'd hate for something to be ruined simply by reading a thread that I've started.

I was quite disappointed with the Captain Jack Sparrow. More like Johnny Depp trying too hard to be Jack Sparrow, not like the first one, Jack Sparrow is Jack Sparrow. But people will compare though. Great challenge for him, to coup with his performance in the first one.
magneto_ms
frankly the movie ws allright but it took me sometime to follow what really was going on. Anyway looking forward for the sequel.